Wikiposts

K-1 denial

Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:03 am
Banned

martinaP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default K-1 denial

My friend filed an I-129F to bring his fiance here from China. Even though she went to the interview for a K-1 visa in Guangzhou with over 100 pictures as proof of a valid relationship, she was denied for lack of evidence after a two minute interview. What's the best thing for her to do now, have the US fiance file another I-129F petition?

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 denial

Originally Posted by martinaP
My friend filed an I-129F to bring his fiance here from China. Even though she went to the interview for a K-1 visa in Guangzhou with over 100 pictures as proof of a valid relationship, she was denied for lack of evidence after a two minute interview. What's the best thing for her to do now, have the US fiance file another I-129F petition?

Thanks for your help.
M:

K1 can be refiled keeping in mind the issues of the denial. A proficient counsel will help you refile by overpowering the issues and objections raised in the denial. All this happens with strong documentation and presentation.

Good Luck!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:42 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help.
Comment: Marc Ellis.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:58 am
Banned

martinaP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I am wondering, if the petition gets sent back to the US, the petitioner rebut an NOID and the petition remains valid, does the petitioner still need to file a new I-129F or can the old one be reactivated?

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Comment: Marc Ellis.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:05 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I am wondering, if the petition gets sent back to the US, the petitioner rebut an NOID and the petition remains valid, does the petitioner still need to file a new I-129F or can the old one be reactivated?
Comment: I am curious what Marc will have to say about your excellent question. By the way, Marc is the maven on situations such as yours.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, you've got enough lingo to be dangerous to your friend.

They need a lawyer, preferably one with experience with China. Marc Ellis can be busy & difficult to reach, but his articles published on the NOID topic should be illuminating to your friend.
The China-specific 'Candle for Love' forum will have good information on this topic as well, and they may know a lawyer who specializes in China returns.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:21 am
BE Commentator

Originally Posted by meauxna
IMO, you've got enough lingo to be dangerous to your friend.

They need a lawyer, preferably one with experience with China. Marc Ellis can be busy & difficult to reach, but his articles published on the NOID topic should be illuminating to your friend.
The China-specific 'Candle for Love' forum will have good information on this topic as well, and they may know a lawyer who specializes in China returns.
Comment: Marc has a wonderful Droid. Also, Marc changes time zones a lot with most of his time in HCMC.

Further comment: Ghuagzhou is quite problematical these days on K's.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Emily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to all

Adding to the good advice that is already posted... with just some thoughts.

I have also heard of Guangzhou being very sticky. So why not get married in China first? After all, wedding banquets are so important to Chinese family, so why not add to the 100 pictures and get some wedding photos?

I can guess reasons might be age gap, English abilities and so on. I have read about the USC using local reps / senators to help push things through Guangzhou. There are also some west coast firms that deal with petitions through Guangzhou.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emily B
Adding to the good advice that is already posted... with just some thoughts.

I have also heard of Guangzhou being very sticky. So why not get married in China first? After all, wedding banquets are so important to Chinese family, so why not add to the 100 pictures and get some wedding photos?

I can guess reasons might be age gap, English abilities and so on. I have read about the USC using local reps / senators to help push things through Guangzhou. There are also some west coast firms that deal with petitions through Guangzhou.
You know that if they get married, they have to start all over with an Immigrant Visa, from scratch, right?

Rene
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Emily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to allEmily B is a name known to all

Well as it sounds, they could be otherwise in limbo land for a long time, with the present situation...

It was just an idea, but I am sure that G/Z like to see Wedding banquet photos... Just it fits more from a cultural perspective.

I am sorry for the OPs friend.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Was a 100 pictures the only evidence they provided?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

I think this is an interesting article.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

As it would seem that OPs friend needs to reply to NOID, even if they do get married.

Anyway it would seem that splurging a few bucks on a lawyer could be a great idea!

Last edited by Emily B; Apr 20th 2010 at 3:26 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is an interesting article.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

As it would seem that OPs friend needs to reply to NOID, even if they do get married.

Anyway it would seem that splurging a few bucks on a lawyer could be a great idea!
Maven Marc at his best. Interesting article.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 11:46 am
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

Age difference should not be a problem, my wife is 13 years younger than I.
They need to take more evidence than just photos, phone records, letters etc are good to use.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 2:32 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

EB,

Getting married does not, in an of itself, solve the problem of overcoming the consular officer's concern about the basis for the relationship.

Regards, JEff

Well as it sounds, they could be otherwise in limbo land for a long time, with the present situation...

It was just an idea, but I am sure that G/Z like to see Wedding banquet photos... Just it fits more from a cultural perspective.

I am sorry for the OPs friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.