Wikiposts

K-1 or CR-1 Costs?

Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:58 am
Just Joined

maidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nice
Default K-1 or CR-1 Costs?

Back again heh

Just checked out the comparison between a K-1 and CR-1 and the CR-1 seems less paperwork/problems. Just to qualify which route is cheapest, K-1 or CR-1?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 or CR-1 Costs?

Originally Posted by maidenbeast
Just to qualify which route is cheapest, K-1 or CR-1?
From filing the petition to getting a green card... CR-1. Hands down less expensive.

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:17 am
Just Joined

maidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nicemaidenbeast is just really nice

I suspected so. If I'm correct I saw K-1 and AOS is about $1300, does anyone know the cost of a CR-1? All i could see was a fee of $355 which makes it really cheap
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I suspected so. If I'm correct I saw K-1 and AOS is about $1300, does anyone know the cost of a CR-1? All i could see was a fee of $355 which makes it really cheap
Don't forget, if you are not currently physically together right now, you should add on the cost of a ticket to make the journey to get married. Plus add on the time it will take to get the marriage done (i.e., how soon you can travel to see each other, etc).

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jun 17th 2010 at 11:43 am. Reason: took out the misinformation
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:34 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

For K-1:

Filing the I-129F = $455
Non-immigrant visa fee = $350
Adjustment of Status = $1,010

Total = $1,815

Plus the cost of the medical in the UK. Plus the cost of the courier fee to get your visa delivered to you.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks

Yeah I think I found something which I'll post here so it might help others

I-130 is $355
I-864 $70 (only when AOS is reviewed domestically)

As for the Visa its a bit vague but DS-230: $355.00 looks possible
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:38 am

For the CR-1 Immigrant Visa:

Filing the I-130 = $355
I-864 Fee = $70
Immigrant Visa Fee = $355
Security Surcharge = $45

Total = $825

Plus the cost of the medical in the UK. Plus the cost of the courier fee to get your visa delivered to you.

Rene

I feel like this is missing something, but I got the information from USCIS and DOS, here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/ty...1263.html#perm
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks yeah that looks more comprehensive. Its a huge difference in cost
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:42 am

Thanks yeah that looks more comprehensive. Its a huge difference in cost
For some reason, I was thinking the costs were only within a couple hundred dollars of each other...but it seems that the CR-1 route is $1,000 less than the K-1 route.

Except of course, the cost of the flight to be together in order to get married. That will even it out. LOL

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Well thats the thing, a CR-1 is two flights in effect, which adds a considerable amount.

Oh btw do you or anyone know of any time limit on a CR-1. Once its processed are you free to enter the USA at anytime or is it within 3 years for instance?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:51 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh btw do you or anyone know of any time limit on a CR-1.
Once the CR-1 visa is in your passport, you MUST enter the US within 6 months... or start all over again.

Ian
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:53 am

Well thats the thing, a CR-1 is two flights in effect, which adds a considerable amount.

Oh btw do you or anyone know of any time limit on a CR-1. Once its processed are you free to enter the USA at anytime or is it within 3 years for instance?
As Ian says...once the CR-1 visa is put into your passport, you must use it within 6 months.

Same goes for the K-1 visa...once it's issued, it's good for 6 months.

Rene
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:55 am
Just Joined

Great stuff thanks guys
Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:39 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

One cost that was not included with the K-1/AOS process is that required for the additional medical in the US for the vaccination supplement required to be sent with the AOS petition. You can add another $200 to 500 to the final cost.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:21 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that the I-129f fee is $100 - 28% - more than the I-130 fee.

Most non-immigrant visa processing fees are either $140 or $150. Only the K non-immigrant visa processing fee is $350. The E fee is $390.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
For K-1:

Filing the I-129F = $455
Non-immigrant visa fee = $350
Adjustment of Status = $1,010

Total = $1,815
Originally Posted by Noorah101
For the CR-1 Immigrant Visa:

Filing the I-130 = $355
I-864 Fee = $70
Immigrant Visa Fee = $355