Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Wikiposts

K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Old Mar 14th 2005, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

alex_lg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

My wife and I just now went thru this. For the longest time we thought the "U.S. Department of State - Vaccination Documentation Worksheet" is the so call "Vaccination Supplement", but it's not. Someone just gave me a link the other day to the latter at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti...x-a_693vacc.pdf
(It worked the other day. For some reason it didn't when I tried it earlier today.)

As you can see, it carries the exact same info as the one you got overseas, except one is by Department of State and the other is by Center for Disease Control. Regardless who created the form, the key point is CIS wants the form signed by a U.S. Civil Surgeon. I'm almost sure the DS form was signed by a foreign doctor when the medical was done overseas.

Whoever interviews you for AOS may over look this whole thing and let you get away with the DoS form or he/she may insist you must supply the CDC form. But again why take your chance?

Your biggest challenge will probably be finding a physician who would just do this CDC "vaccination supplement". It took us a while to find one who would. Most doctors would insist on doing a complete medical. I'm not sure if they are unaware of the immigration law or they just want to make more $ out of you. If you are in the San Jose, CA area, I know one who would.

So what does it take to get a CDC form signed by a U.S. civil surgeon? Well, in our case, and I've heard of similar stories, the U.S. surgeon would take your DS form, copy everything over, sign and put it in a sealed envelop and ask you to write him/her a check. In our case, it's $75 for a 15 minute job.

Anyway, good luck!

Alex

Last edited by alex_lg; Mar 14th 2005 at 8:14 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:49 am
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Maria, thanks a lot for your understanding. I will tell you the truth a couple of days ago I was pissed off with all those dates and waiting. But now I am fine, I just will wait. Be patient

Alex, thanks for full answer. I think I better will wait for invitation for interview, I will see if they tell me something about the lack of this form. Then I will try to find a doctor. I think it won't be so hard here in Denver. At least I know that I will need it.

I bet I should be more often on this site, because still I find much good information

Olenka
Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OlenkaKyiv
Maria, thanks a lot for your understanding. I will tell you the truth a couple of days ago I was pissed off with all those dates and waiting. But now I am fine, I just will wait. Be patient

Alex, thanks for full answer. I think I better will wait for invitation for interview, I will see if they tell me something about the lack of this form. Then I will try to find a doctor. I think it won't be so hard here in Denver. At least I know that I will need it.

I bet I should be more often on this site, because still I find much good information

Olenka
Hi Olenka!

Just wanted to say sorry to hear you've been having a run-around with your case. You should come around here more often, we miss you!

I have to say, when you were here before you had such a very positive attitude, everyone admired that. Now it's gone, I see...you must have been through a lot.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:56 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OlenkaKyiv

Olenka
We all have our bad days, don't worry, I still like you! (just a tiny bit though lol)
Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:58 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex_lg
My wife and I just now went thru this. For the longest time we thought the "U.S. Department of State - Vaccination Documentation Worksheet" is the so call "Vaccination Supplement", but it's not. Someone just gave me a link the other day to the latter at http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti...x-a_693vacc.pdf
(It worked the other day. For some reason it didn't when I tried it earlier today.)

As you can see, it carries the exact same info as the one you got overseas, except one is by Department of State and the other is by Center for Disease Control. Regardless who created the form, the key point is CIS wants the form signed by a U.S. Civil Surgeon. I'm almost sure the DS form was signed by a foreign doctor when the medical was done overseas.

Whoever interviews you for AOS may over look this whole thing and let you get away with the DoS form or he/she may insist you must supply the CDC form. But again why take your chance?

Your biggest challenge will probably be finding a physician who would just do this CDC "vaccination supplement". It took us a while to find one who would. Most doctors would insist on doing a complete medical. I'm not sure if they are unaware of the immigration law or they just want to make more $ out of you. If you are in the San Jose, CA area, I know one who would.

So what does it take to get a CDC form signed by a U.S. civil surgeon? Well, in our case, and I've heard of similar stories, the U.S. surgeon would take your DS form, copy everything over, sign and put it in a sealed envelop and ask you to write him/her a check. In our case, it's $75 for a 15 minute job.

Anyway, good luck!

Alex
You are absolutely right!!, Why take a chance?. I am just hoping my vaccination supplement doesn't cost me a ton of money
Thanks for the good wishes, good luck to you too!