Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Wikiposts

K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 11:10 am
David9287

Default K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Hello group,
We're back........:-)
This is driving us crazy. Olena had a K-1 Medical Exam (11-12-03) prior to her K-1 Interview (12-10-03). She is healthy as a lamb. She was given a copy of her Form DS-3025 (DOS Vaccination Document Worksheet) which I think is used in conjunction with Form DS-2053 (..ie...the medical exam worksheet) All she got back was a copy of the DOS Vaccination Document Worksheet and her original X-ray Film. All other original information/docs reagrding her Medical exam were in her " sealed manila envelope," I/we assume. She gave the IO at the POE the sealed envelope and he kept the entire envelope contense, wrote Canceled Without Presidence on her K-1 Visa, stamped her I-94 (arrived 2-8-04, valid untill 5-7-04), failed to fill out the back of the I-94 and sent her on her way. Interesting, No?

I-485 Instructions Ssate "a K-1 who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc'ee visa, you only need to submit a vaccination suppliment with your AOS pkt."

I assume she will not need another Medical Exam because we will be filing her AOS, EAD within the 12 month window for a K-1 AOS.

QUESTION: What is the Vaccination Suppliment? The Form DS-3025 that we have a copy of? Is this the only form we need to file with our AOS pkt in reference to her prior medical exam? Do we send in Form I-693 BLANK? but include Form DS-3025 Vaccination Document Worksheet and a statement saying she is a "K-1 and a medical exam was receiced prior to admission and was within one year of Filing?" We are somewhat confused and need a little HELP!!!!....lol. Thanks in advance.
Hugs and Kisses.
David and Olena

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 11:53 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Originally posted by David9287
Hello group,
This is driving us crazy. Olena had a K-1 Medical Exam (11-12-03) prior to her K-1 Interview (12-10-03). She is healthy as a lamb. She was given a copy of her Form DS-3025 (DOS Vaccination Document Worksheet) which I think is used in conjunction with Form DS-2053 (..ie...the medical exam worksheet) All she got back was a copy of the DOS Vaccination Document Worksheet and her original X-ray Film. All other original information/docs reagrding her Medical exam were in her " sealed manila envelope," I/we assume. She gave the IO at the POE the sealed envelope and he kept the entire envelope contense, wrote Canceled Without Presidence on her K-1 Visa, stamped her I-94 (arrived 2-8-04, valid untill 5-7-04), failed to fill out the back of the I-94 and sent her on her way. Interesting, No?
You mean healthy as a horse perhaps? The examiner was suppose to retain the entire contents of the brown envelope. Did he really write Canceled wihtout presidence? Or perhaps without prejudice? Either way that is a new one on me. There was nothing for him to complete on the reverse side of the I-94 so that is not a problem either. If anything an agent might have placed the work authorized stamp there or above the I-94.

Interesting, No it isn't as it seems that her entry was completely normal.

I-485 Instructions Ssate "a K-1 who had a medical exam within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fianc'ee visa, you only need to submit a vaccination suppliment with your AOS pkt."

I assume she will not need another Medical Exam because we will be filing her AOS, EAD within the 12 month window for a K-1 AOS.

QUESTION: What is the Vaccination Suppliment? The Form DS-3025 that we have a copy of? Is this the only form we need to file with our AOS pkt in reference to her prior medical exam? Do we send in Form I-693 BLANK? but include Form DS-3025 Vaccination Document Worksheet and a statement saying she is a "K-1 and a medical exam was receiced prior to admission and was within one year of Filing?" We are somewhat confused and need a little HELP!!!!....lol. Thanks in advance.
Hugs and Kisses.
David and Olena

If the vaccination worksheet as you call it is the one that is completed by the physican who conducted the medical then include a COPY of it with the I-485. There is no need for a letter of explanation. The form itself has a place for her to enter that she is adjusting from a K-1 visa.

Rete
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:12 am
David9287

Default Hey Rete... :-)

Originally posted by Rete
You mean healthy as a horse perhaps? The examiner was suppose to retain the entire contents of the brown envelope. Did he really write Canceled wihtout presidence? Or perhaps without prejudice? Either way that is a new one on me. There was nothing for him to complete on the reverse side of the I-94 so that is not a problem either. If anything an agent might have placed the work authorized stamp there or above the I-94.

Interesting, No it isn't as it seems that her entry was completely normal.

If the vaccination worksheet as you call it is the one that is completed by the physican who conducted the medical then include a COPY of it with the I-485. There is no need for a letter of explanation. The form itself has a place for her to enter that she is adjusting from a K-1 visa.

Rete
Thanks Rete,
You are right, as I looked over her K-1 again it looks like Canceled Without Prejedice.......... regarding the Department of State (DOS) Form DS-3025 Vaccination Document Worksheet it says For use with DS-2053. To be completed by Panel Physician Only. The form itself Name, date, birthdate, passport #, alien (case) #, vaccine history, date recorded, date received, vaccine given by phy panel, completed series, not age appropriate, insufficient time interval, contra-indicated, not routinely available....et, et. She had her TB, messles, mumps, rubella shots administered at the exam on 11-12-03. Not age appropriate DT, Polio, influenza, hep b, and pneumococcal. The panel doctor stamps his name, signs his name, and dates. Then gives her a copy. It is a DOS form with the DOS logo in the left hand corner. On the bottom the doc wrote Visa-k (I think) it's a little hard to read.

SO, we do not send in the I-693 but the DOS 3025? I'm going to call the NVSC and see what they say, I tried my local Denver District Office (where we will file) but they wouldn't give any Forms advice on the phone and told me to make an appt with an officer inperson! Figures. Any more thoughts on this matter. Thanks again......lol if I said hhealthy as a horse she might "kill" me.... hence healthy as a lamb...lol :-)
David and Olena.

Last edited by David9287; Mar 3rd 2004 at 3:14 am.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David9287
Hello group,

Hugs and Kisses.
David and Olena

This has been discussed in K1 vaccinations all by mcjimbo.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:05 pm
Dreamer

OlenkaKyiv will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: K-1 AOS,EAD.... Medical Exam? Vaccination Suppliment? HELP!!!

Hello guys,

I would like to cover this question again. You see, I hope to get my interview AOS soon. I am really confused with all this stuff about medical exam.

We filled AOS on Nov 2003, so it will be more than a year since we applied for AOS. I looked to the INS (BCIS) site and saw this:

"Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

Does it mean that if it is more than a year since I applied for AOS, I have to redo medical exam? Should I wait a note from them about it? If I have to do this medical exam, will it be form I-693?

For addition I will tell that I include the vaccination list, I received from K1 visa medical exam, into AOS packet.

Gosh, what a headache....

Help

Olenka
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:18 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OlenkaKyiv
Hello guys,

I would like to cover this question again. You see, I hope to get my interview AOS soon. I am really confused with all this stuff about medical exam.

We filled AOS on Nov 2003, so it will be more than a year since we applied for AOS. I looked to the INS (BCIS) site and saw this:

"Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

Does it mean that if it is more than a year since I applied for AOS, I have to redo medical exam? Should I wait a note from them about it? If I have to do this medical exam, will it be form I-693?

For addition I will tell that I include the vaccination list, I received from K1 visa medical exam, into AOS packet.

Help

Olenka
No, you will not need a whole new medical exam, just the vaccination supplement (not the one you got when you had the medical exam at your home country)
You need to visit us more often and catch up with the new terminology (Hence.. USCIS instead of BCIS)
Nice to see you around. Take care!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Mar 13th 2005 at 2:21 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys,

Help

Olenka
That vaccination copy was just that a copy for you not for USCIS. You might have used that copy when you go to the USCIS approved doctor for the I-693 supplement. You could have shown him the copy and he would have known that vaccinations you already had and could have gone from there.

You need an I-693 supplement, not the entire medical.

Rete
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:27 pm
Dreamer

Originally Posted by Rete
That vaccination copy was just that a copy for you not for USCIS. You might have used that copy when you go to the USCIS approved doctor for the I-693 supplement. You could have shown him the copy and he would have known that vaccinations you already had and could have gone from there.

You need an I-693 supplement, not the entire medical.

Rete
I am not totally agree that vaccination copy was only for me, because as I cited from USCIS site it is obvious that they ask for it.

How long does I-693 take? As I understood doctor just fill out this form and that's it? Moreover, do I need it only because my previous medical exam was held more than a year?

Tweeky, I read all post about medical exams and other stuff but I was not sure about many points and it was the reason why I asked again. By the way, the name of the immigration office doesn't change its sense, actually it doesn't have any sense. That is why I intentionally call them INS, I would say anoter word, but I know that nice people read this site and they don't want to read BAD things here

Olenka
Old Mar 13th 2005, 3:12 pm
Concierge

I am not totally agree that vaccination copy was only for me, because as I cited from USCIS site it is obvious that they ask for it.
I disagree. They ask for the I-693 medical. They don't ask for the I-693 supplement. You don't need the I-693 medical as you had one for your K-1 visa. However, the I-693 supplement is a requirement for the AOS.

How long does I-693 take? As I understood doctor just fill out this form and that's it? Moreover, do I need it only because my previous medical exam was held more than a year?
They will fill it out and that is it only if you don't need any other vaccinations. If you need additional ones, then you will get more innoculations and then they will fill it out and give it to you in a sealed envelope.

Tweeky, I read all post about medical exams and other stuff but I was not sure about many points and it was the reason why I asked again. By the way, the name of the immigration office doesn't change its sense, actually it doesn't have any sense. That is why I intentionally call them INS, I would say anoter word, but I know that nice people read this site and they don't want to read BAD things here

Olenka
Hyper was trying to tell you that the agency is no longer called the INS or the BCIS but the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). I wonder why you would call it bad names since you have been so fortunate in obtaining your K-1 visa and now you are nearly finished with your adjustment and all relatively quickly and stressfree. Seems as if you have a lot to be thankful for rather than angry about.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 13th 2005 at 9:37 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 3:29 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rete

Hyper was trying to tell you that the agency is no longer called the INS or the BCIS but the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). I wonder why you would call it bad names since you have been so fortunate in obtaining your K-1 visa and now you are nearly finished with your adjustment and all relatively quickly and stressfree. Seems as if you have a lot to be thankful for rather than angry about.
Olenka every K1er needs the vaccination supplement, It is not a matter or when you had your complete medical exam
As for the name of USCIS, it doesn't matter how they are called, I ranted so many times when hubby and I were going through the K3 process, but the truth is that it wasn't as bad!!, The EAD took a long time to come but you know what?? I am happy with how the process is going so far. I rant somestimes (who doesn't?) but at the end of the day I am thankful to them to give me the visa to spend the rest of my life with my beloved hubby and step-daughter!, I am not saying USCIS is perfect (because it is obvious they are not) but without this agency I wouldn't be here (Maria.. You already said that LOL, sorry!!)
Ok enough I need to drink some water!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Mar 13th 2005 at 3:32 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:36 pm
Dreamer

I disagree. They ask for the I-693 medical. They don't ask for the I-693 supplement. You don't need the I-693 medical as you had one for your K-1 visa. However, the I-693 supplement is a requirement for the AOS.
You misunderstood me. I didn't mean I-693 as a whole medical exam, I meant only Vaccination paper what I believe is the vaccination supplement. As I cited above from USCIS site :

"You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

I submitted it, and I wondered if I had to resubmitted it again after a visit to a doctor because a year passed already since I submitted AOS papers

I understood perfectly, guys that the name was changed. By the way they do it so often that it is so hard to keep up with it.

Rete, ... I see you forgot who Olenka is if you tell about "fortunate in obtaining K1 visa". I will let myself to remind you that I was waiting for approval from Nebraska office for 201 days, because they lost my papers. I got my visa in 9 months waiting impatiently for reunion with my Lovely Dane.

Now my process even worse. Here I let myself to complain.

I submitted AOS papers on Nov 2003. They lost my papers (sent them to Nebraska instead of Missouri) for 2,5 months. I couldn't get drive license and people in governmental office looked at me as illegal girl.

On the end of Jan 2004 I received NOA that ex-INS. ex-bcis, present USCIS (or whatever) got my papers under control.

I received my EAD in 2 months. Well it was fine, without counting on the fact that it was more than 3 months since I admitted AOS papers

My travel document was lost. Immigration service stated that I took it and wanted to get a copy to make a fraud. I called, I went to service centers, I demanded, asked and cried. I wanted to see mom and dad. They sent me dublicate of travel document in 6 months after I submitted papers for it. Moreover the expiration date was the end of Feb. That means that they gave me the travel document for 6 months only from the moment I received it.

But my journey was not finished. I got to know that I have 2 A#s. Believe me or not, but it is so. On my NOA was one number, on my travel document was another. Because I submitted changes of addresses (we moved a couple of times) by the old number they lost my file again.

almost three months ago I came back to Colorado. We went to the office, and I received an explanation that first a# is a number of some Lisa from NY state. So I changed her address on mine a couple of times. But at the same time they still don't know where my case is. Another mistery is that online my case number of I-485 shows that my interview was scheduled, but then it was canceled. I should wait for further information. After my questions to several local offfices about this unsolved puzzle, I had received the same puzzled eyes of officers, who had no idea what was going on with my interview. I didn't receive any letter, any phone call and no emails about my so-called interview.

Now I have been being promissed to have my interview for 3 months . I have to have it because my date of submission of my case is almost 5 months behind of the date of I-485 in Denver. I still have nothing. I can't get DL in Colorado because they need proof of my legal residency. For this moment I have expired EAD and travel document. Of course you will start to blame me that I didn't prolong it. But those high prices on those applications make me tramble. My husband lost his job, I am not a great worker in new country. I knew that my case should be soon in Denver. So I, being so greedy not to pay another couple hundreds dollars, decided to wait.

I apriciate, though, assistants of representatives, who give me some information about my case and a hand in handling that.

If you call all that process of mine as smooth, painless, stressfree, well, in this case I don't understand something about being lucky and unlucky. Now I am afraid even to go outside of States, because then they will find that I have another A# and anounce me guilty in fraud.

I am thankful that I am with my husband also, but I hate this stress and uncertanty in my own future. I hope that this process will be easier for me and for others with time.

And girls, don't be picky on people who mess up with those names. It is not the most important thing, esp if the site is not an official advisor in immigration. I agree it should be correct, but we could make some general name because I hate to follow the changes of its title.

Sorry for having ironical tone and agrevation, but you were wrong in detfinition of my case as easy

Olenka
Old Mar 13th 2005, 9:45 pm
Concierge

I remember exactly who you are. Who could forget.

What you don't understand is that the vaccination report you sent them is not an I-693 vaccination supplement. It is the DS form version similar to the I-693 but it is not the I-693.

I will bow out now from this discussion. Good luck with your interview.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear god... here we go again!

Ian
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:48 am
Dreamer

Originally Posted by Rete
I remember exactly who you are. Who could forget.

What you don't understand is that the vaccination report you sent them is not an I-693 vaccination supplement. It is the DS form version similar to the I-693 but it is not the I-693.

I will bow out now from this discussion. Good luck with your interview.
Now I understood that. SOrry for being unaware of terminology of immigration service. Actually that was a reason why I did ask my question.

Hey, Ian... Thanks for support :P
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:45 am

You misunderstood me. I didn't mean I-693 as a whole medical exam, I meant only Vaccination paper what I believe is the vaccination supplement. As I cited above from USCIS site :

"You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon."

I submitted it, and I wondered if I had to resubmitted it again after a visit to a doctor because a year passed already since I submitted AOS papers

I understood perfectly, guys that the name was changed. By the way they do it so often that it is so hard to keep up with it.

Rete, ... I see you forgot who Olenka is if you tell about "fortunate in obtaining K1 visa". I will let myself to remind you that I was waiting for approval from Nebraska office for 201 days, because they lost my papers. I got my visa in 9 months waiting impatiently for reunion with my Lovely Dane.

I submitted AOS papers on Nov 2003. They lost my papers (sent them to Nebraska instead of Missouri) for 2,5 months. I couldn't get drive license and people in governmental office looked at me as illegal girl.

On the end of Jan 2004 I received NOA that ex-INS. ex-bcis, present USCIS (or whatever) got my papers under control.

I received my EAD in 2 months. Well it was fine, without counting on the fact that it was more than 3 months since I admitted AOS papers

My travel document was lost. Immigration service stated that I took it and wanted to get a copy to make a fraud. I called, I went to service centers, I demanded, asked and cried. I wanted to see mom and dad. They sent me dublicate of travel document in 6 months after I submitted papers for it. Moreover the expiration date was the end of Feb. That means that they gave me the travel document for 6 months only from the moment I received it.

But my journey was not finished. I got to know that I have 2 A#s. Believe me or not, but it is so. On my NOA was one number, on my travel document was another. Because I submitted changes of addresses (we moved a couple of times) by the old number they lost my file again.

almost three months ago I came back to Colorado. We went to the office, and I received an explanation that first a# is a number of some Lisa from NY state. So I changed her address on mine a couple of times. But at the same time they still don't know where my case is. Another mistery is that online my case number of I-485 shows that my interview was scheduled, but then it was canceled. I should wait for further information. After my questions to several local offfices about this unsolved puzzle, I had received the same puzzled eyes of officers, who had no idea what was going on with my interview. I didn't receive any letter, any phone call and no emails about my so-called interview.

Now I have been being promissed to have my interview for 3 months . I have to have it because my date of submission of my case is almost 5 months behind of the date of I-485 in Denver. I still have nothing. I can't get DL in Colorado because they need proof of my legal residency. For this moment I have expired EAD and travel document. Of course you will start to blame me that I didn't prolong it. But those high prices on those applications make me tramble. My husband lost his job, I am not a great worker in new country. I knew that my case should be soon in Denver. So I, being so greedy not to pay another couple hundreds dollars, decided to wait.

I apriciate, though, assistants of representatives, who give me some information about my case and a hand in handling that.

If you call all that process of mine as smooth, painless, stressfree, well, in this case I don't understand something about being lucky and unlucky. Now I am afraid even to go outside of States, because then they will find that I have another A# and anounce me guilty in fraud.

I am thankful that I am with my husband also, but I hate this stress and uncertanty in my own future. I hope that this process will be easier for me and for others with time.

And girls, don't be picky on people who mess up with those names. It is not the most important thing, esp if the site is not an official advisor in immigration. I agree it should be correct, but we could make some general name because I hate to follow the changes of its title.

Sorry for having ironical tone and agrevation, but you were wrong in detfinition of my case as easy

Olenka

Hey Olenka!
I am sorry to hear about all the hoops USCIS has made you jump so far
I wish you nothing but the very best on the rest of the journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.