Wikiposts

K-1 -----> AOS

Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:36 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: K-1 -----> AOS

Originally Posted by simon_s

Thanks for all the halp!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637854

Don't be shy about using the search, especially for these form numbers.. everyone has similar questions about them, so you'll find lots of answers.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:20 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

It is.

But the clerk who is going through the application package as it comes out of the mailroom does not have the file with the medical results in it to know. They just know to look for a vaccination sheet, rather than a complete medical, in the case of a K-visa applicant.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by meauxna
Do you think that DS 3025 is not completed by the panel doc at the overseas medical and included in the sealed medical results envelope that eventually makes its way into the MBE?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

My wife wrote "application for adjustment of status pending". In her case the I-131 was submitted after the I-485.

I forget whether or not she included a copy of the I-485 or the I-485 Receipt Notice. I tend to think that she did not.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Do I need to write something, or can I get away with just including a copy of the I-485????
I wrote "concurrently filed I-485".
Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
It is.

But the clerk who is going through the application package as it comes out of the mailroom does not have the file with the medical results in it to know. They just know to look for a vaccination sheet, rather than a complete medical, in the case of a K-visa applicant.

Regards, JEff
hmmm, another thing to consider. We don't know how those packets are inspected so it is certainly possible.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

in regards to form i-131 i did tick multiple. And once my i-485 was completed i signed it and made a photocopy for the i131 i wrote on the front of it "photocopy for form i-131" across the front.

I really suggest you go read the aos from k1 help guide i wrote.

It would anwser most of your questions i should hope.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:48 am
Just Joined

simon_s is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick update for you all.

*I-485/I-765/I-131 submitted November 12th 2009.

*I-797c's received for all of them November 18th 2009.

*Biometric Interview notice received November 25th 2009.

*Biometric Interview completed December 11th 2009.

*I-797C 'Transfer Notice' received December 16th 2009. Notifying me that my I-485 case has been transferred to the California Service Center. Anyone know what this means??

Anyone have any idea what the current wait is on the I-131 Travel Document? I have a sick relative in the UK that I need to see...
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

*I-797C 'Transfer Notice' received December 16th 2009. Notifying me that my I-485 case has been transferred to the California Service Center. Anyone know what this means??

Anyone have any idea what the current wait is on the I-131 Travel Document? I have a sick relative in the UK that I need to see...

Thanks for posting that as I am just a couple of weeks behind you so it gives me a good idea of timelines.

The transfer to CSC could be good news for you as most people (on here) who have reported that have ended up getting their green card without interview

I don't know about the current wait for Advance Parole - look under Pepsichic's posts as she has her timeline on a recent one.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:59 am

Generally, a transfer to CSC means approval without interview.

AP has been taking 60 days from application to receipt. You must not leave the US before actually receiving the document or your I-485 is abandoned (and you have no way to return to the US without a new visa).
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Sounds like it *could* be good news! I'll keep you all in the loop!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

*I-797C 'Transfer Notice' received December 16th 2009. Notifying me that my I-485 case has been transferred to the California Service Center.
Update for you all that like to know about timescales.... Recieved my Permanent Resident Card through the post today, January 26th 2010!!!!

Very pleased, am now looking at visiting home for a couple weeks with Abby before coming back and finding a job... Thanks for all the assistance!

Old Jan 26th 2010, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

congrats, dont forget to get your ssn updated if you got one previously
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Update for you all that like to know about timescales.... Recieved my Permanent Resident Card through the post today, January 26th 2010!!!!

Very pleased, am now looking at visiting home for a couple weeks with Abby before coming back and finding a job... Thanks for all the assistance!

Fantastic!!

Have you received your EAD yet?