Reload this Page >

k-1 Affidavit of Support for London Interview

Wikiposts

k-1 Affidavit of Support for London Interview

Old May 9th 2010, 5:06 am
Just Joined

trolleydolly6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default k-1 Affidavit of Support for London Interview

My Fiance and I are going through the K1 process and I am awaiting my interview date for the US embassy in London. Although my fiance's petition has been approved, along with the original I-134 and supporting documents, via USCIS, do I still need to furnish I-134 as well as all the proof of his income/bank statements/tax returns as part of my document presentation at my interview. I am really unsure about the requirements for this particular piece of evidence.
Would appreciate any help anyone can offer me.
Many thanks
Old May 9th 2010, 5:20 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k-1 Affidavit of Support for London Interview

Originally Posted by trolleydolly6
... do I still need to furnish I-134 as well as all the proof of his income/bank statements/tax returns as part of my document presentation at my interview.
Yes.

I am really unsure about the requirements for this particular piece of evidence.
Unfortunately, there are no definitive requirements for the I-134. As long as he is comfortably above the 125% level, it should be fine. Many people use the I-864P as a guideline, but there's no hard and fast rules for the I-134.

Oh... welcome to BE.

Ian
Old May 9th 2010, 5:39 am
Just Joined

trolleydolly6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ian, Thanks for your reply. I thought I had all I needed for the interview but I obviously still need more docs from him. Will get him on this asap to get them before the interview date arrives.
Old May 9th 2010, 5:42 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trolleydolly6
My Fiance and I are going through the K1 process and I am awaiting my interview date for the US embassy in London. Although my fiance's petition has been approved, along with the original I-134 and supporting documents, via USCIS, do I still need to furnish I-134 as well as all the proof of his income/bank statements/tax returns as part of my document presentation at my interview. I am really unsure about the requirements for this particular piece of evidence.
Would appreciate any help anyone can offer me.
Many thanks
USCIS doesn't approve I-134s; those documents were not required to go in with the petition. They are a part of the visa application though.

There are three wiki entries for K-1 posted here.. check them out
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:USA_Immigration

That should have all the detail you want and more (including documents required for the interview & how to book your medical etc).