Just wanna make sure AOS fees are correct

Wikiposts

Just wanna make sure AOS fees are correct

Old Oct 13th 2003, 8:11 am
Very Happy Member

Leo Le Brun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just wanna make sure AOS fees are correct

Hey guys,

K-1 spouse about to file for AOS and EAD in Indy. I'd like to be sure i wrote the correct amount on the checks since it seems a mistake will induce a delay or denial.

I-485 + fingerprint: $245 in one check ($220+$25)
EAD: $120

Also, the AOS and EAD can sent to a sub-office, right? My sub-office is Indianapolis, my district office Chicago.

Thanks guys.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 8:31 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just wanna make sure AOS fees are correct

Originally posted by Leo Le Brun
I believe the I-485 has changed to $255?

http://www.bcis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-485.htm
Old Oct 13th 2003, 8:32 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

K-1 spouse about to file for AOS and EAD in Indy. I'd like to be sure i wrote the correct amount on the checks since it seems a mistake will induce a delay or denial.

Also, the AOS and EAD can sent to a sub-office, right? My sub-office is Indianapolis, my district office Chicago.

Thanks guys.
Hello

Fingerprinting is $50 not $25. If you call the National Customer help number they will tell you the correct amount. I know they are pretty useless for just about everything else but are good for this.

Maggie
Old Oct 13th 2003, 8:34 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

Thanks guys.

Hello

The $50 for fingerprinting is on top of the AOS filing fee.

Maggie
Old Oct 13th 2003, 8:37 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Maggs
Hello

The $50 for fingerprinting is on top of the AOS filing fee.

Maggie
*Phew* ok...I was about to add that when I sent mine in to Atlanta I paid $255 for the I-485 and $50 on top of that for the fingerprinting fee.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 8:57 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Originally posted by Steffi
*Phew* ok...I was about to add that when I sent mine in to Atlanta I paid $255 for the I-485 and $50 on top of that for the fingerprinting fee.

When I talked to the nice man at the National Customer helpline place he explained it had to be added on top. The URL you put up also confirms that. I think the total fee came to $305 for AOS + Fingerprints. I also seem to remember Mr F saying the same thing some time ago on a thread.

Bye

Maggie
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:06 am
Very Happy Member

Leo Le Brun is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow,

Thank you guys.
The webpage does say $255, but the PDF file it links to says $220 (from 2000). Maybe they should update that.
So, one check for $305 for the AOS (255+50) and one check for $120 for the EAD? (I am filing both in the same envelope)
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:12 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Wow,

Thank you guys.
The webpage does say $255, but the PDF file it links to says $220 (from 2000). Maybe they should update that.
So, one check for $305 for the AOS (255+50) and one check for $120 for the EAD? (I am filing both in the same envelope)

Hello

I haven't actually done AOS yet but that is what I would be writing a cheque for and that is what Steffi actually did. When I applied for the EAD, the cheque was for $120 and that was correct, although I wrote a personal cheque and had it returned to me because Chicago BCIS Office don't take personal cheques!! I had to send a cashier's cheque. I think some local offices and service centres have different guidelines!

Maggie
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:27 am
K1 via London

Wow,

Thank you guys.
I think when they sent me my "AOS package" they actually included a note stating changes of fees.
May I also note at this point that if I remember correctly someone on this board said that when they sent in their fees to the Atlanta office (same one I sent mine to) the BCIS returned the $50 for the fingerprinting fee stating it was not required for a K1. Don't quote me on that though. I included mine anyway just in case...though I wouldn't mind if they returned those $50 to me as well.
I also hope the Atlanta office accepts personal check's because that's what I sent. But then again I remember my husband specifically asking if they'd accept personal check's and I remember pointing out to him that on the form they sent us it specifically said that they would. So *crossing my fingers* that what I read was right.