Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Just sent in the i-129F… can you tell me your timelines on everything :)

Wikiposts

Just sent in the i-129F… can you tell me your timelines on everything :)

Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

LINDSEY.COLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just sent in the i-129F… can you tell me your timelines on everything :)

Well…. Just as many of you.. I am sooo excited to get this process going. I have been trying to find a post for everyone to put their timelines from start to Interview at the Embassy. I have a friend that theirs took 8 months from Start to finish. Im just realllllly ready for my Fiance' to move here to the states and be with us. Every day we skype and just wish this process would go by fast… as you all know.. It's very difficult being away from your loved one. So…. Just for encouragement I was wanting everyones time lines so I can see apx how long from the initial petition to the interview. Thanks so much everyone

So far I have received an email stating they received my petition and that i was routed to the Vermont Service Center for processing. Just wondering how long we have until my fiance' gets his paperword for the k-1 to be sent… Sooooo excited (can ya tell lol)
Thanks again
Lindsey
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just sent in the i-129… can you tell me your timelines on everything :)

Hi and Welcome to BE.

We tend to discourage timeline threads, for two reasons. Everyone's case is so different, it really doesn't help to compare your case to others. If yours ends up taking longer, it only adds to your frustration.

Also, real immigration questions tend to get lost in the timeline threads...people start discussing actual questions rather than just comparing times. Real questions need to be in a new thread so others can find them and get help from them.

A typical K-1 case takes between 8 to 10 months to process. Your mileage may vary.

Rene
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:17 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just sent in the i-129… can you tell me your timelines on everything :)

I'll just add, that if you sent in an I-129... well, you sent in the wrong form. I hope you meant to write that it was an I-129F.

Ian
Old Nov 17th 2011, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Oops… I meant the i-129 F
Old Nov 17th 2011, 5:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

visajourney.com has an extensive database of peoples' experiences. (For people who like timelines, perhap's that site's only redeeming value?)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by LINDSEY.COLE
Just for encouragement I was wanting everyones time lines so I can see apx how long from the initial petition to the interview.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks I found that site right after I posted this… I browsed around.. Wished there was a way to speed this all up! Ugh!!!!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 8:50 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LINDSEY.COLE
Thanks I found that site right after I posted this… I browsed around.. Wished there was a way to speed this all up! Ugh!!!!
Our good friend, Ian the "sanctimonious prick" likes to note that timelines are the "path to madness."

Rene already gave you the "YMMV" rubric.

When I was in practice, "how long?" was the question asked by every client and I would honestly say "who knows?" Most reasonable question on the planet -- incapable of a true answer -- but reasonable to ask.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

totally agree with other posters here re timelines- they can be very misleading as they can create false expectations which can be very frustrating. But since you ask I have just got my social security number which I consider to be the end of this stage of the process and thats 1 year 8 months after we started

To get my k1 took 10 months then I moved to USA in March 011 to get married and filed for AOS straight away. Green Card came in July. Ive had SS issues which is why it has taken so long

Patience Patience Patience is the key to staying sane as well as just continuing your life whilst you are waiting
Best wishes!!!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
totally agree with other posters here re timelines- they can be very misleading as they can create false expectations which can be very frustrating. But since you ask I have just got my social security number which I consider to be the end of this stage of the process and thats 1 year 8 months after we started

To get my k1 took 10 months then I moved to USA in March 011 to get married and filed for AOS straight away. Green Card came in July. Ive had SS issues which is why it has taken so long
I disagree that getting the SSN is the final stage of the process. It might feel that way, but the SSN is totally separate from the immigration process. The final stage of the K-1 immigration process is getting the green card in hand.

Rene
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I disagree that getting the SSN is the final stage of the process. It might feel that way, but the SSN is totally separate from the immigration process. The final stage of the K-1 immigration process is getting the green card in hand.

Rene
yep agree - I should have said its MY own personal ending to this stage of the process
Old Nov 17th 2011, 10:20 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You DID say that.
... I have just got my social security number which I consider to be the end of this stage of the process ...

Regards, JEff

yep agree - I should have said its MY own personal ending to this stage of the process
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:08 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

I have just finished the process and now have my 2 year GC. My timeline is in my signature below.

Good luck!
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Our good friend, Ian the "sanctimonious prick" likes to note that timelines are the "path to madness."

Rene already gave you the "YMMV" rubric.

When I was in practice, "how long?" was the question asked by every client and I would honestly say "who knows?" Most reasonable question on the planet -- incapable of a true answer -- but reasonable to ask.
Thanks I started wondering after I mailed in the form and things if it would have been quicker to go through an attorney. At this point.. I'd pay to have it finished quicker.. :/ lol
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Patience Patience Patience is the key to staying sane as well as just continuing your life whilst you are waiting
Best wishes!!!
I'd consider that the end too lol.. Actually…. I consider once the interview is complete and they approve us to Wed to be the end.. the rest will be figured out… I just want to marry the man I have fallen in love with that is on the other side of the world! Thanks for your timeline
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

You did say its when you consider the process to be complete Just to clarify… lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.