Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

just a quick question regarding i130

Wikiposts

just a quick question regarding i130

Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default just a quick question regarding i130

hi guys i know ive seen it somewhere but just need clarification can i paperclip my package together or do we staple it all.

think i read somewhere no stapling allowed but just not sure

thanks

dean and lori
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just a quick question regarding i130

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hi guys i know ive seen it somewhere but just need clarification can i paperclip my package together or do we staple it all.

think i read somewhere no stapling allowed but just not sure

thanks

dean and lori
You can staple relevent pages together, like if one form has 2 or 3 pages, you can staple those pages together. In order to hold ALL the paperwork together, many people use a bulldog clip (binder clip).

Rene
Old Oct 30th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks rene just one more question

how do we attach the cheque and passport pics

thanks
Old Oct 30th 2011, 4:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Paper clip.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

thephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nicethephionex is just really nice

thanks
make sure the picture goes face down on the form and attach the paperclip to the back of the picture so you don't scratch the pic
Old Oct 31st 2011, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by thephionex
make sure the picture goes face down on the form and attach the paperclip to the back of the picture so you don't scratch the pic
Good idea.

We put our pictures in a plastic ziploc baggie and then paper clipped the baggie to the form.

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2011, 3:31 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I think an appropriate size 'bulldog' clip is better than a bent-wire paperclip. Things tend to slide out from under a paperclip. (Or sometimes just the opposite - something that didn't belong gets caught under the paperclip.)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Paper clip.

Old Oct 31st 2011, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
I think an appropriate size 'bulldog' clip is better than a bent-wire paperclip. Things tend to slide out from under a paperclip. (Or sometimes just the opposite - something that didn't belong gets caught under the paperclip.)

Regards, JEff
Very true, good suggestion!

Rene
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks guys.
so we have paper clipped 2 pages of i130 together
pics and cheque in ziplock bag
all other paperwork paperclipped
and then a small bulldog clip clipping everything together as a package hope this will be ok.

dean and lori
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:49 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You can staple the two pages of the I-130 together - it's a single document and you don't want those pages to get separated. (I printed my I-130 double-sided, top-to-bottom so that it would flip up for easy reading in a top-bound file, so only one page.)

It's stapling separate documents together that USCIS (and DoS) doesn't like, because the different documents will have to be separated and removing staples from a package of documents could damage the documents and injure the clerks.

Regards, JEff

so we have paper clipped 2 pages of i130 together

Last edited by jeffreyhy; Oct 31st 2011 at 6:51 am.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks jeffrehy were going to the us post office today as im currently in the us until end of november.

then the long wait begins
Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:53 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in practice, multiple page forms or exhibits would be stapled together. E.g. -- the I-130. Lets say there was a multiple page divorce decree, that would be stapled together.

The local Los Angeles office of the former INS had generated a cover sheet in conjunction with the bar. We this cover sheet gave a list of documents and the necessary filing fees.

I would staple the appropriate tax returns to each individual I-864.

The photos were put in a small coin envelope and stapled to the front of the primary application. As was the check for the filing fee [I followed IRS practice for tax returns].

We would put a rubber band around the package and then into the envelope.

No "binder boy" for us!

BTW, I recommend against two sided copying. There are times that the file will get copied or scanned and the back sheet will not get copied or scanned -- it can be a PIA.

FWIW, the I-130 used to be yellow -- I know of attorneys who still print the thing on yellow paper! However, there requirement for colored paper no longer exists.

Notionally speaking, one should use US "letter size" [8.5 x 11"] paper. However, if push comes to shove, metric A4 will not be rejected.