Wikiposts

Just a moan...

Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:21 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just a moan...

things really seem to have slowed down for me. Feeling a bit fed up. I'm waiting for my packet 3 now.

I'm going back to the UK for Xmas and hubby is joining me. But he's flying back without me. We don't know when I can come back now. Packet could arrive and my interview be scheduled anytime in January.

I know lots of you here won't even be with your loved ones for Xmas and that makes me feel guilty when I start whining about my situation.

BUT, boo hooo NOT FAIR! *stamps feet and pouts* I want my packet 3 and I want it NOW!!!!! Or I'll scream and scream until I'm sick!

Gosh, this uncertainty is really getting to me!!!

CB

Oh, did I mention I want my police certificate too!!! NOW!!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:24 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just a moan...

I hear you!! I'm on your side! I keep thinking another day of looking at immigration paperwork and I'm going to need Leslie's puking smiley next! :-)

Hang in there...not much else you can do...and in the meantime, enjoy the holidays with your loved ones :-)

Rene
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
things really seem to have slowed down for me. Feeling a bit fed up. I'm waiting for my packet 3 now.

I'm going back to the UK for Xmas and hubby is joining me. But he's flying back without me. We don't know when I can come back now. Packet could arrive and my interview be scheduled anytime in January.

I know lots of you here won't even be with your loved ones for Xmas and that makes me feel guilty when I start whining about my situation.

BUT, boo hooo NOT FAIR! *stamps feet and pouts* I want my packet 3 and I want it NOW!!!!! Or I'll scream and scream until I'm sick!

CB
I'm on your side too.....you are def not the only one. Fortunately my fiance is coming over for New Year tho havent seen him in 2 months.

I am now waiting for the visa to go to the NVC in New Hampshire now and then onto the Embassy. Packet 3 hopefully wont be too long. (fingers crossed)....you hear it takes a very short time and some long so we will see. I'm sure you wont have to wait too much longer.

GL
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:38 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

CB, like you, I was anxious from the time I submitted my petition to the time of my husband's interview. I was sooooo prepared that I wanted them to do it all in one day!
I seem to remember posting, or writing an email to that effect where I laughed at my plight by moaning about having to go wait on a Greek beach for our paperwork to finalize.
Your post, coming from California where you're living with your husband, strikes me a bit the same

IOW chickie, suck it up! You & I had/have it pretty easy. Just think of the jet-setting lifestyle you're leading! If I were you, I'd be hoping more that your I-130 gets approved so you can interview for an IV instead of a K3. Or, thinking about all the things I'd need to finalize in the UK before moving for good. Or getting my P3 paperwork "interview perfect". Or thanking my lucky stars (as I do every day after reading here) that I didn't have to be seperated from my new husband for a minute more than we chose.
If you want to curse something, just wait until you file for AOS. Talk about being in limbo!
xxxx
meauxna

PS: be happy too that you still have family in the UK. I've just spent the morning on the phone with BritishTelecom trying to explain 'international banking' to them and how, if they want their stoopid $40, they'd better find a way around 'the system'. <sigh> Like talking to a brick wall.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 7:59 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

sometimes I think the closer I get, the harder it is.. just be over already! and I can surely relate to the whole "if I have to look at immigration one more day.."

and then its one more day.. oh well, soon enough....
Old Dec 9th 2003, 8:26 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

CB

Wait until I get my earplugs in.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 8:32 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

CB

Hi:

Unless you are in the retail trade, business slows down in December. Nature of the beast. Of course, that is not good for those of you waiting. But the government people also celebrate the holiday season.

I know that my income historically plummets in December with January being the rebound.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

clare009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by souls canuck
sometimes I think the closer I get, the harder it is.. just be over already!
I know! I know!

I thought when we got to this part after the long Nebraska winter (our k1 case is currently with the NVC) that things would move quickly and it would all be down hill from here, however, the days seem to drag excruciatingly slowly at the moment and I have to hold back from contacting the London embassy every five minutes to ask 'are we there yet?'.

At this rate I just wish Christmas would come and go quickly so I can finally be with my honey. I'm a real Scrooge this year - but second Christmas in a row without my fiance... bah humbug!

Clare
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:02 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by clare009
I know! I know!

I thought when we got to this part after the long Nebraska winter (our k1 case is currently with the NVC) that things would move quickly and it would all be down hill from here, however, the days seem to drag excruciatingly slowly at the moment and I have to hold back from contacting the London embassy every five minutes to ask 'are we there yet?'.

Clare
Hi Clare,
Just an update since I know we're close in dates.....our petition got to NVC on the fourth and was sent out to London yesterday on the 8th, so we'll see......tick tick tick

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

clare009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi Clare,
Just an update since I know we're close in dates.....our petition got to NVC on the fourth and was sent out to London yesterday on the 8th, so we'll see......tick tick tick

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink

Ha! I just called the NVC (thinking about our case and before I saw this post) and guess what? Our case has been forwarded to London as of today!! Whoop whoop!

*does a dance of joy*

So SG - is this a race? hehe

Clare
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by clare009
Ha! I just called the NVC (thinking about our case and before I saw this post) and guess what? Our case has been forwarded to London as of today!! Whoop whoop!

*does a dance of joy*

So SG - is this a race? hehe

Clare
Woohoo!! Way to go Clare GOOD LUCK
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:38 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

It looks like London has a busy month ahead of them....finally.

I agree with Mrs Souls, the closer you seem to get to the end, the more frustrating it is.
Hang in there, its pretty much all you can do, but look on the bright side of life
It will be over eventually and you will have the rest of your lives to enjoy.
Old Dec 9th 2003, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

glasgowm is an unknown quantity at this point

CB

A little whining is good for you I think. NO need to apologize. If we need to start apologizing for our whining, I'll need to apologize to a lot of people in this NG.

I'm sure your packet 3 will arrive soon. Thanksgiving probably caused a weeks delay.

I'm tired of the waiting as well. We have an NOA1 of 8/4 for our K3 and are stuck with an RFE. At least I get to see her in 2 weeks!!!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 1:50 pm
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Hello all,
Sometimes I have a hard time visiting our forum because it makes me so emotional ... so happy for all of us to have the love we have, so frustrated because of all the waiting we are doing, and so sad because I miss my husband much and am so anxious to begin building our future together in the same time zone.

Thank you for moaning CaliforniaBride and everyone else who felt the need. I've been moping around the house the last couple of nights after work not wanting to Christmas shop or anything ... everything just seems too difficult! My busy husband seems to be handling the separation a bit better than I am at the moment as he is very busy finalizing the sale of his UK house and packing up to move into a temporary flat. I, on the other hand, am waiting and waiting in the house we will eventually share, missing him like crazy. My January mission is to clean the basement to kill some time. Whoopie ... not!

I'm so happy for all of you who are as far along in the process as you are! The best things happen to those who wait we need to believe. The waiting seems like an eternity yet as we are only one month into sending in the petition for the K3. Thankfully I'll be spending a week with my husband over the holidays ... but I still tend to torture myself by looking at the long wait ahead. Need to stop doing that and focus on visits in between where we will see each other.

Alright, that's enough of that! Best of luck to everyone and I wish for all of you the patience that we need ... happy holidays!
Old Dec 9th 2003, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

JanFree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
Hello all,
Sometimes I have a hard time visiting our forum because it makes me so emotional ... so happy for all of us to have the love we have, so frustrated because of all the waiting we are doing, and so sad because I miss my husband much and am so anxious to begin building our future together in the same time zone.

Thank you for moaning CaliforniaBride and everyone else who felt the need. I've been moping around the house the last couple of nights after work not wanting to Christmas shop or anything ... everything just seems too difficult! My busy husband seems to be handling the separation a bit better than I am at the moment as he is very busy finalizing the sale of his UK house and packing up to move into a temporary flat. I, on the other hand, am waiting and waiting in the house we will eventually share, missing him like crazy. My January mission is to clean the basement to kill some time. Whoopie ... not!

I'm so happy for all of you who are as far along in the process as you are! The best things happen to those who wait we need to believe. The waiting seems like an eternity yet as we are only one month into sending in the petition for the K3. Thankfully I'll be spending a week with my husband over the holidays ... but I still tend to torture myself by looking at the long wait ahead. Need to stop doing that and focus on visits in between where we will see each other.

Alright, that's enough of that! Best of luck to everyone and I wish for all of you the patience that we need ... happy holidays!
Hi Everyone,
It's nice to know that I am not alone....there are many others feeling the exact same emotional stuff as I am. I actually get irritated that my husband takes this so smoothly, keeps busy and is so very patient with the processes. I bitch and moan....he comforts and reassures.
To make matters worse...my son, his wife and my little 4 yr old gr.daughter are moving to Alaska on Monday just in time for Christmas. My heart is aching but I must focus on the positive and be grateful that it won't be much longer (that's the same line I heard when I was pregnant) and it'll all be over.....we'll all be looking back on these days soon and the reward for all this bloody torture will be the loving arms of the ones we love.
I'm with you all...I am following all of your stories, information and looking for the support that is passed through this NG.
Take care and all the best...
Jane

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.