Just mailed off I-130

Old Mar 30th 2017, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

shrinkydinkydoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just mailed off I-130

Thanks y'all. I feel better now. For right now, he has to visit me as I spent all my leave time at work LAST YEAR visiting him. LOL So this works...I feel relieved.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 4:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shrinkydinkydoo
I keep getting confused on the visitation thing. I've heard everything from he cannot visit here at all during the process to he can visit, but only AFTER the I-130 is approved. So he can visit while waiting for the I-130 approval?
Yes.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2017, 4:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

SDD: I have to ask this. Are you a reading member of Visa Journey? I ask because their information is so distorted and so incorrect that it can be mindboggling. That can also be true of many other sites and yes, sometimes if someone does not read a thread all the way through, it can be said of this site as well. Fortunately, MBV has members who are quite knowledgeable and great at research so somewhere in a thread a misconception will be corrected by someone.

Also you appear to be confusing the two CR-1 processes. There is one that is Direct Consular Filing (DCF) where the I-130 is sent to the US Consulate/Embassy and the I-130 filing stateside for the ultimate CR-1 which is the one you are doing. They have different timelines for the approval of the I-130 and different steps for you as opposed to those doing DCF. You will be doing the affidavit of support at the NVC. The DCF'ers will do it at the US Consulate. Thus, your petition will take longer than the DCF'ers because of the multiple steps and services centers your petition needs to work through in the US before being sent to the UK. Hope this helps you.
Old Mar 30th 2017, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

shrinkydinkydoo is an unknown quantity at this point

We are not DCF. This is the only expat site I visit. So now I'm curious what the difference in timelines are. Is it 4-6 months for us, or is that DCF?
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

We are not DCF. This is the only expat site I visit. So now I'm curious what the difference in timelines are. Is it 4-6 months for us, or is that DCF?
The shorter timeline of 4 to 6 months is DCF.

Your timeline, as we've said, is about 8 to 10 months.

Rene
Old Mar 30th 2017, 5:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I know you aren't DCF because you sent your I-130 stateside.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The shorter timeline of 4 to 6 months is DCF.

Your timeline, as we've said, is about 8 to 10 months.

Rene
Stinks doesn't it but this is what happens when you cut out the middle man, i.e. USCIS from the equation. The time will go fast. You will have the rest of your lives together.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 10:29 am
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

We had to wait 5 months for our I-130 to be approved, and then another 3 weeks to receive the case number before we could proceed to the next step.

It has been over 2 months since we submitted the DS-260 and supporting documents. When we contacted them for a status update, we were told it's now taking at least 11 weeks from receipt for processing, and that our application is now being processed. 2 weeks later, and we are still waiting.

I don't know how long it takes for my application to be sent to London once approved, or how long I have to wait for a medical and interview dates. And with the possibility of 'extreme vetting' taking place, I suspect processing times will just get longer.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea
It has been over 2 months since we submitted the DS-260 and supporting documents. When we contacted them for a status update, we were told it's now taking at least 11 weeks from receipt for processing, and that our application is now being processed. 2 weeks later, and we are still waiting.
I saw your name pop up on another thread earlier, ivanidea, and wondered how you'd been getting on! I'm sorry to hear you're still in the thick of the waiting game. Really hope things start to hurry along for you soon - so close to the end now!
Old Mar 31st 2017, 10:46 am
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

When I discussed the matter with my boss, I explained that if everything went to plan and followed the expected timetable of 8-10 months, then I'd be handing my notice in April/May.

I suppose it's still possible, although I don't think I'll be in the USA for our first wedding anniversary in June
Old Mar 31st 2017, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea
When I discussed the matter with my boss, I explained that if everything went to plan and followed the expected timetable of 8-10 months, then I'd be handing my notice in April/May.

I suppose it's still possible, although I don't think I'll be in the USA for our first wedding anniversary in June
I know it's no good to be speculative in these situations, but from every recent timeline I've seen, once the NVC has completed their bit and sent instructions for interview, everything seems to happen very quickly and all at once. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. My husband and I are hoping to be reunited in time for our 1st anniversary (9th September), too.