Just got our NOA2! :D

Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Just got our NOA2! :D

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted here in a very long time, and such a lot has happened since then!

My fiancé (USC) filed the I129F at the beginning of February with the CSC - our NOA1 date was Feb. 9th. Well, this morning we got the most fantastic email to say that USCIS have approved the petition!

CSC are doing a great job, it seems - 50 days from the NOA1 to the NOA2, for us. From looking at another visa forum, it seems a lot of people are getting approved quickly by the CSC, which is fantastic! Some people have even got their NOA2 within 3 weeks of receiving their NOA1!

Obviously we still have a way to go until I even have my interview for the K1 visa, but it's so nice to have our NOA2.

The next step is for USCIS to forward our case to the NVC, am I right? Then in due course everything should be forwarded to London, I assume. Does anyone have any idea how long this next part usually takes? I'm expecting it to be around 3-4 months from now, but the sooner the better, obviously!

Thank you!!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:14 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just got our NOA2! :D

rg,

3-4 weeks

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by randomgirl
The next step is for USCIS to forward our case to the NVC, am I right? Then in due course everything should be forwarded to London, I assume. Does anyone have any idea how long this next part usually takes? I'm expecting it to be around 3-4 months from now, ....
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Once the I-129F is approved, the file only stays at NVC for a couple of weeks at most. Then it is sent to the US Embassy in London, and they contact you to let you know it's time to fill out your K-1 application forms.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for your quick replies! Wow, it'd be great if the NVC and London Embassy steps were quick!

In 2 weeks I'm travelling to Phoenix to spend 3 weeks with my fiancé, so do you think with a bit of luck when I get back I might have something from London? I've heard that the London bit is kinda slow but I'm hoping that's not true! (Rene - I just realised you're in Phoenix too!)

I suppose it'd be a good idea to try and apply for my police certificate before I go on holiday (I'm not sure how long that takes!). How do I go about obtaining it? Sorry to be asking so many questions!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

In 2 weeks I'm travelling to Phoenix to spend 3 weeks with my fiancé, so do you think with a bit of luck when I get back I might have something from London?
Perhaps.

(Rene - I just realised you're in Phoenix too!)
Yep! *** waves from Phoenix ***

I suppose it'd be a good idea to try and apply for my police certificate before I go on holiday (I'm not sure how long that takes!). How do I go about obtaining it? Sorry to be asking so many questions!
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new...v/pbcerts.html

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Rene, I'll try and get the ball rolling with the police cert. asap!

PS - I'm very jealous of the beautiful weather you guys are having in Phoenix!
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:06 pm

Thanks Rene, I'll try and get the ball rolling with the police cert. asap!

PS - I'm very jealous of the beautiful weather you guys are having in Phoenix!
Sure, now! But just wait until July and August...LOL

Where in the UK are you coming from?

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh I know! It gets ridiculously hot! (it was bad enough when I was there last may and it was 100+ for 2 weeks straight - something I'm gonna have to get used to!!)

I'm in Leeds, up north! just a little bit colder than Phoenix, hehe.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

English Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish Muffin has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks!