Wikiposts

Just Got Back!!!!!

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Jennie2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just Got Back!!!!!

***I posted this in the lounge already but someone suggested that I put it here, as this might be the better place for it***

Hello there folks!

I just came back from England after a two week visit and I have to say that I absolutely loved it.

I'm sorry all you guys who say that it's all doom and gloom. I have to disagree. And for those who say that it is expensive - well I don't know where you've been shopping. Harods perhaps. But on the whole, I don't find it more expensive than anywhere else. Unless of course you smoke or drink heavily. I do admit that fags and alcohol are very expensive. But I don't smoke and only drink occasionally so that doesn't really effect me.

This is going to be a short post for now because I'm off out in a minute but in closing I just want to say, anybody who is thinking about going back, I recommend that you go and see for yourself.

By the way Tim, I ate about 12 Marks and Spencers Pork Pies while I was there with lashings of Colemans Mustard!! Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

BCBOY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just Got Back!!!!!

Originally posted by Jennie2003
***I posted this in the lounge already but someone suggested that I put it here, as this might be the better place for it***

Hello there folks!

I just came back from England after a two week visit and I have to say that I absolutely loved it.

I'm sorry all you guys who say that it's all doom and gloom. I have to disagree. And for those who say that it is expensive - well I don't know where you've been shopping. Harods perhaps. But on the whole, I don't find it more expensive than anywhere else. Unless of course you smoke or drink heavily. I do admit that fags and alcohol are very expensive. But I don't smoke and only drink occasionally so that doesn't really effect me.

This is going to be a short post for now because I'm off out in a minute but in closing I just want to say, anybody who is thinking about going back, I recommend that you go and see for yourself.

By the way Tim, I ate about 12 Marks and Spencers Pork Pies while I was there with lashings of Colemans Mustard!! Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jennie!
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

muppetking is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just Got Back!!!!!

Originally posted by Jennie2003

Hello there folks!

Jennie, you are a star! My wife and children are currently in England (visiting rellies) and LOVING it! Boy am I jealous. Thanks again
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

I want to go back nowwwww! I'm so tired of people putting down the U.K. so it's really good to hear of other's enjoying being back home and not afraid to admit it.
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

My mouth is watering for those pork pies!!!! Glad you had a great time- I can't wait for my next trip home..I need a dose of Britain badly.

My mother thinks the food out here (in FL) is very expensive- especially bread, potatoes, fruit and veg (even oranges are more expensive- in Florida!!! I mean to say Tropicana is just up the road- this one beats me). Meat is cheaper here, I think, except for lamb, now that IF you can get it even is flipping expensive.
I've always found its swings and roundabouts with cost of living in Uk and Florida- we certainly spend much more per month here than we ever did living in UK.
Old Apr 24th 2003, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Jennie2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Taffyles
My mouth is watering for those pork pies!!!! Glad you had a great time- I can't wait for my next trip home..I need a dose of Britain badly.

My mother thinks the food out here (in FL) is very expensive- especially bread, potatoes, fruit and veg (even oranges are more expensive- in Florida!!! I mean to say Tropicana is just up the road- this one beats me). Meat is cheaper here, I think, except for lamb, now that IF you can get it even is flipping expensive.
I've always found its swings and roundabouts with cost of living in Uk and Florida- we certainly spend much more per month here than we ever did living in UK.
That's true. Wherever you are there are going to be some things that cost more and some things that cost less. I find though that on the whole, the cost of things in Britian are not that bad, once you shop in the right places - which are not difficult to find. I managed to find them and I have been away for 11 years!