Reload this Page >

Just a funny observation

Just a funny observation

Old May 13th 2005, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

danp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just a funny observation

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh!! Danp ..you are young ..Human emotions is responsible for all the happiness AND sadness is this world...I actually agree with you ..But we can't control the emotion of others... YET..
I like this response. Very true!!

Dan
Old May 13th 2005, 8:19 pm
Jan Andersson

Ray wrote:
    >
    > > Ian, you know what I mean.. smile smile..
    >
    > Oh!! Danp ..you are young ..Human emotions is responsible for all the
    > happiness AND sadness is this world...I actually agree with you ..But we
    > can't control the emotion of others... YET..

You will all be assimilated.
Resistance is futile.

:)

Jan

Old May 13th 2005, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

katesuitersback is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Sometimes you just have to follow your heart and take an educated chance.

Rene
Amen!! I knew Corey just 9 months before I moved here and almost two months after that, we were married. We went through an extremely tough time financially early on in our marriage, but it made us a better team. It took us a few months more to get used to each other's quirks, but now, two years later, we understand how to talk to each other without it ending up as a war. Ironically, we fought more while I was still in the UK than we ever did since I've been here. Sometimes separation can be the ruin of an otherwise harmonious relationship.

Kate. xxx
Old May 13th 2005, 8:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katesuitersback
Amen!! I knew Corey just 9 months before I moved here and almost two months after that, we were married. We went through an extremely tough time financially early on in our marriage, but it made us a better team. It took us a few months more to get used to each other's quirks, but now, two years later, we understand how to talk to each other without it ending up as a war. Ironically, we fought more while I was still in the UK than we ever did since I've been here. Sometimes separation can be the ruin of an otherwise harmonious relationship.

Kate. xxx
Nice to see you back Katie...
Old May 13th 2005, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

katesuitersback is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Nice to see you back Katie...
Why, thank you kind sir!!!

Kate. xxx
Old May 13th 2005, 10:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Here, here, Noorah! I agree totally with you!

Danp...why the issue with people talking admiringly/endearingly of their spouses? I love my husband very much, and have no problem with calling him hubby, husband, love, or lover. What difference does it make what I call him, he's still my best friend, companion, partner, and lover. I think of him as being my lifemate. Will I end up calling him a variety of cuss words in a few years, well most likely yes..but hopefully not in response to the marriage breaking up just a heated argument.

Failed marriages can occur whether or not the couple is intercultural or not. Yes, I agree that is important to be realistic, but at the same time, one must follow their heart. I met my husband while studying overseas. My family thought I was nuts to live in another country for 4 months where I knew no one. But my heart told me that this is what I needed to do. If I hadn't followed my heart, and decided to play it safe, I never would have met my husband and have the relationship we do today.

Will I be just as happy with him 2, 5, 10 or 20 years from now?? I have no idea, but it's worth taking the chance.

"No regrets" is a good life motto.

Cheers,
Jamie
Old May 13th 2005, 10:19 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
What difference does it make what I call him, he's still my best friend, companion, partner, and lover. I think of him as being my lifemate. Will I end up calling him a variety of cuss words in a few years, well most likely yes..but hopefully not in response to the marriage breaking up just a heated argument.
And even terms like "Ratbag" can be affectionate, too...
Will I be just as happy with him 2, 5, 10 or 20 years from now?? I have no idea, but it's worth taking the chance.

And "If only I had..." are among the saddest words in the language.
Old May 13th 2005, 10:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
I think he's just trying to promote first cousin marriages.

Elaine

I'm wondering if the wife is an immigrant to the US and that is why he is lurking here and his first post is a judgmental one no less?
Old May 13th 2005, 11:08 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danp
I don’t know why some people rush.

It is so amusing to see people call their spouse "hubby" "wify" in this forum when they try to bring them here and then few years later we hear them calling them all kinds of horrible names (“vicious” is one I heard recently) during separation and divorce.

Why all this excitement and idolizing at the beginning? I say take it easy and keep your balance. Because praising someone too fast just makes it more difficult to say anything bad about them in the future once you really get to know who they really are.

You can truly love someone without having to be foolishly obsessed. Cool it a bit.

Just my observation.. beat up on me if you wish..but I am sure some see my point.

Dan
I would like to refer you to the "What annoys you..." thread in TIO

And I've only been married 6 weeks
Old May 14th 2005, 12:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
If I hadn't followed my heart, and decided to play it safe, I never would have met my husband and have the relationship we do today.
Bravo! Well said. Karma coming your way.

I'm reminded of Robert Frost's excellent poem, "The Road Not Taken"

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Like you, I did not want regrets for things not done, or chances not taken. Life is an adventure... a journey.

Ian
Old May 14th 2005, 1:54 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Like you, I did not want regrets for things not done, or chances not taken. Life is an adventure... a journey.

Ian
Exactly! I didn't have to find someone who lives in another country...but I knew that if I didn't pursue what I felt for Sadegh, I'd always wonder how it would have turned out, and I knew I couldn't live with myself for not finding out. As it turned out, it was one of the best chances I ever took. I wouldn't change it for a second!

Rene
Old May 14th 2005, 5:06 am
Sophie T

"Noorah101" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> Bravo! Well said. Karma coming your way.
    >> I'm reminded of Robert Frost's excellent poem, "The Road Not Taken"
    >> Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    >> And sorry I could not travel both
    >> And be one traveler, long I stood
    >> And looked down one as far as I could
    >> To where it bent in the undergrowth;
    >> Then took the other, as just as fair,
    >> And having perhaps the better claim,
    >> Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    >> Though as for that the passing there
    >> Had worn them really about the same,
    >> And both that morning equally lay
    >> In leaves no step had trodden black.
    >> Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    >> Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    >> I doubted if I should ever come back.
    >> I shall be telling this with a sigh
    >> Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    >> Two roads diverged in a wood, and I —
    >> I took the one less traveled by,
    >> And that has made all the difference.
    >> Like you, I did not want regrets for things not done, or chances not
    >> taken. Life is an adventure... a journey.
    >> Ian
    > Exactly! I didn't have to find someone who lives in another
    > country...but I knew that if I didn't pursue what I felt for Sadegh, I'd
    > always wonder how it would have turned out, and I knew I couldn't live
    > with myself for not finding out. As it turned out, it was one of the
    > best chances I ever took. I wouldn't change it for a second! :D
    > Rene

This is totally OT, but I just wanted to comment that I really enjoy reading
what you post, Rene. You and Sadegh seem so happy...and I mean a genuine
happy... It's very uplifting. :-)

Sophie

Old May 14th 2005, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

brownin is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Noorah101
So I have a question for you. How do you propose to those people who DO meet on the internet, to get to know each other over such a long time as you're saying? Obviously the foreigner can't move to the USA until he has a visa....and the USC can't always just up and move to the foreigner's home country because of job/finances/family/whatever. How do you propose that a couple like this could get to know each other better except for emails, chats, and short visits?

Rene
I have done just that. My partner and I have been together for 4 years, it is only now that we are putting in the paper work to get married (although we've been engaged for a year). It hasn't been easy, not to mention expensive, but it has made us stronger as a couple. I am not saying that this is the best thing for everyone, but it lets you know each other so much better, it also (as the non USC) sets a better foundation for you to start a fresh life in a new place. Visits between us whether not short either (but we were students, so we had more time off).
I think that Damp is right, if more people cooled down and waited a while then they would give themselves a real go at marriage, rather than a dry run.

Last edited by brownin; May 14th 2005 at 9:08 am.
Old May 14th 2005, 4:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sophie T
This is totally OT, but I just wanted to comment that I really enjoy reading
what you post, Rene. You and Sadegh seem so happy...and I mean a genuine
happy... It's very uplifting. :-)

Sophie
Awww, Sophie, thank you!! You really made my day today!

Rene
Old May 14th 2005, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danp

BTW, I would be very careful of "online marriages". It is difficlut enough to know a person. I think most are motivated by getting a "green card" and care less if the marriage actually works. So, I say be careful. It is a good thing to love but don't rush..

my best!

Dan
You are making a rather offensive and inaccurate generalisation here, Dan.
Not all of us are wet behind the ears. I had an "on-line marriage" a year ago.
I'd previously had a very happy partnership of 33 years ending in the death of my partner. I knew the risks and gambles I was taking in coming to the USA. I'm struggling at times with the culture shock and after effects - but none of my struggles involve my feelings for my husband - only his country and the way of life.

Some of us know ourselves sufficiently well, and have experience of people and relationships sufficient to safely guide our choices of partner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.