Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

JUST FOUND OUT MY AMERICAN GF IS PREGNANT, WE WANT TO BE TOGETHER!

JUST FOUND OUT MY AMERICAN GF IS PREGNANT, WE WANT TO BE TOGETHER!

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Craig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really niceCraig73 is just really nice
Default Re: JUST FOUND OUT MY AMERICAN GF IS PREGNANT, WE WANT TO BE TOGETHER!

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
The "ifs", "buts" and "maybes" are irrelevant and not helpful to the OP. His fiance is pregnant and he is going to marry her. It is not for us to question their relationship or decision to get married
Well I wasn't the only one who posted soemthing irrelevant and not helpful to the OP question, maybe you should go back and quote them as well, thank you.

At the risk of sounding brutal, can you be 100 per cent sure its yours? I mean, thats not to say it isn't but you are potentially changing your entire life on someone's say so.

I'm tempted to think along the same lines as Ginblossom and fatbrit.... and I'm intruiged by your statement "she is Catholic and there is no other option availble." What does that mean.

Given that she's unmarried and pregnant, she probably isn't a good practicing Catholic. (Although I'm not entirely sure which adjective is the one that doesn't apply.)

Cave Empto.

Do you not think this could put a big strain on their friendship ? Grow up young man, life is not a game.

Stop thinking of yourself, and if you cannot restrain from sex before marriage at least have the decency to use a condom.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Craig73
Well I wasn't the only one who posted soemthing irrelevant and not helpful to the OP question, maybe you should go back and quote them as well, thank you.

At the risk of sounding brutal, can you be 100 per cent sure its yours? I mean, thats not to say it isn't but you are potentially changing your entire life on someone's say so.

I'm tempted to think along the same lines as Ginblossom and fatbrit.... and I'm intruiged by your statement "she is Catholic and there is no other option availble." What does that mean.

Given that she's unmarried and pregnant, she probably isn't a good practicing Catholic. (Although I'm not entirely sure which adjective is the one that doesn't apply.)

Cave Empto.

Do you not think this could put a big strain on their friendship ? Grow up young man, life is not a game.

Stop thinking of yourself, and if you cannot restrain from sex before marriage at least have the decency to use a condom.
But it has all been said before, I quoted you because you were the last in line to speak about the ifs, buts and maybes. I did not mean to offend you, apologies if that was the case.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone: Let's keep the topic on Immigration, and not the OP's personal actions and decisions.

Thank you,

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 22nd 2010 at 7:53 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:51 pm
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: JUST FOUND OUT MY AMERICAN GF IS PREGNANT, WE WANT TO BE TOGETHER!

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Everyone: Let's keep the topic on Immigration, and not the OP's personal actions and decisions.

Thank you,
Rene
Agreed.

Regardless of the man's situation, he is looking at K-1 Visa, and luckily he found this site where many of us have gone through this process. We're here to offer advice and guidance the best we can, some more qualified than others!

<< reference to the baby/pregnancy snipped >>

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 22nd 2010 at 8:17 pm. Reason: Removed reference to baby/pregnancy issue
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:51 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

s_m,

Originally Posted by something_missunderstood
Her parent's house will have 7 people in there including me and excluding the baby.
Interesting, but what is the relevance?

The combined income on the affidavit of support from my fiance and her friend will be $90,000.
No, it won't, at least not on the I-134 affidavit of support for your visa.

Is it possible to use the sponsor AND my fiance's income (as the sponsor's income alone will be $70,000). As far as I'm aware, the 2009 povery guidelines for 125% above income threshold are $41,587.
As meauxna wrote, you need to look at the I-134, and then later at the I-864 that you'll need for adjusting status, to see how this really works.

Additionally I'm am not going to declare the child on the I-129F form,
Of course you won't - there isn't any place for it.

but would it be a mistake to include a letter which explains the situation?
Possibly. There's always a degree of danger in providing information that isn't asked for - it tends to lead to questions that wouldn't otherwise be asked, and that can lead to problems.

Her friend has offered us to move in with her whilst we settle down and possibly find a place of our own, but she planning on moving fairly soon but we can't put that address on the I-129F form because she hasn't found somewhere else to live yet and might take a few months to find a property she likes.
Your wife needs to give an address where she can be sure of receiving any mail that will be sent to her by CIS.

I'm assuming that it would be ok to put on the form where it says 'address where you will be living' as her parent's address then?
yes

Regards, JEff
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (LG-GR500/V10f Teleca/Q7.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

The op quoted part of my post but didnt mention if hed got the rest of the documents i listed for the i-129f application. I hope he has sent this to his usc fiancee to send with the application if he plans on it to be sent this weekend!

As for the worries about living with parents...many of us k1ers lived with our fiancees parents so dont worry about it. I came on k1 visa in june last year, me and my husband live in the basement of my in-laws house. we are now expecting our first child (unplanned surprise) and have no money to move out right now. Aside from my 5 year old sister and 11 year old brother waking me up at 6am every morning to say bye before they go to school, it hasnt been a problem, not for us, nor immigration.