Wikiposts

Just to clarify?

Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

USGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just to clarify?

My husband, the UKC, and I are about to send off the I-864 (from me), and the DS-230 (from him), to the NVC in New Hampshire.

For the I-864, I know I have to include all the supporting documents.

But ALL we have to send is the DS-230 form and cover letter? We hold onto all other documents until the London interview, yes?

Sorry if this is a basic question. I'm just always a bit paranoid that I'm misunderstanding, and I don't want to waste time doing the process wrong.

Everyone on this forum is great and helpful. As always, thanks!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just to clarify?

Originally Posted by USGirl
But ALL we have to send is the DS-230 form and cover letter? We hold onto all other documents until the London interview, yes?
DS-230 part I only, and the statement of readiness declaration.

Everything else goes to the interview.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.

Statement of readiness -- Is that a specific form to download?

We haven't received ANY communication from the NVC since we paid our IV and AOS fees in October, just followed the "next steps" link. I didn't know about a statement of readiness.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:05 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

BG,

The statement of readiness is for K visas, where the applicant is dealing directly with the consulate.

For an immigrant visa it's the NVC that declares 'readiness', calling it 'case complete' when it has the documentation it requires to schedule the interview. True that the NVC does not collect all of the documentation required, there are still a few items that have to be submitted for the interview independent of the NVC. (e.g. the medical report)

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
The statement of readiness is for K visas, where the applicant is dealing directly with the consulate.
No, I'm talking about the DS-2001. This is a CR-1/IR-1, not a K visa.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:51 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

BG,

I also am talking about the DS-2001. And yes, this thread is about an immigrant visa, not a K visa.

Regards, JEff

No, I'm talking about the DS-2001. This is a CR-1/IR-1, not a K visa.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:54 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Everything else goes to the interview.
I disagree.. this is not a "DCF" case.

Originally Posted by USGirl
My husband, the UKC, and I are about to send off the I-864 (from me), and the DS-230 (from him), to the NVC in New Hampshire.

For the I-864, I know I have to include all the supporting documents.

Sorry if this is a basic question. I'm just always a bit paranoid that I'm misunderstanding, and I don't want to waste time doing the process wrong.

Everyone on this forum is great and helpful. As always, thanks!
All Immigrant Visa application documents will go to the NVC and they will set the interview date (they send your docs over to London).

Send only what the NVC asks for, when they ask for it. I believe document collection is the next step, separate from DS-230 and separate from I-864. Each of those has its own bar-coded cover sheet that goes back with it.

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants

Appointment NVC Processing

Visa Processing at the National Visa Center
What happens next?

The NVC has begun collecting the documents of those applying for immigrant visas at the Embassy in London. Please follow this link for further information. Warning: Do not take any action described without authorization from the NVC.

On receipt of the forms and documents, the NVC will complete any addtional processing which may be required and schedule the appointment for the visa interview. The appointment letter, which will contain information on scheduling the medical examination, will be sent approximately one month before the scheduled interview.

Reminder: Do not download and send in any forms to the NVC until you have received official notification from them that they are ready to proceed with your application. Forms received before they officially notify you that they are ready to process your case will be discarded.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:53 am

Thanks for adding that, I hadn't thought to include the DCF use of DS-2001 in my post having read the part of USGirl's post where she said that her case was at the NVC.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by meauxna
I disagree.. this is not a "DCF" case.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:12 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Thanks for adding that, I hadn't thought to include the DCF use of DS-2001 in my post having read the part of USGirl's post where she said that her case was at the NVC.

Regards, JEff
rats, I missed a chance to getcha.
Merry Christmas, that's all you're getting. <g>
Old Dec 16th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Wow. What I thought was a simple question has now gotten me totally confused!!

Here's where we are in the process:

In mid-October, we paid the $400 IV fee and $70(?) Affadavit of Support fees. A couple of days later, the accounts were marked "PAID," and we were directed to print off the bar codes and follow the link provided on the Web site in order to know what steps to take next.

We have not heard from the NVC via mail and have not received any forms to fill out. It's my understanding, however, based on what I've been told on this board, I believe, and what I've read, that I can just download the forms (I-864 and DS-230), fill them out and submit them myself. That's also my understanding as I have read the "fastest process through the NVC" thread.

We have filled out the DS-230 and I-864 forms and collected the necessary documentation, including the police certificate. I was going to mail them tomorrow. Should I should wait to actually hear from the NVC before sending out the forms? If yes, does that refer to BOTH the DS-230 and I-864? And how long should it take to hear back from the NVC? It's been eight or nine weeks since we paid the fees.

I'm also still confused about whether we keep the documents to be submitted with the DS-230 or hold onto them until my husband's London interview. Reading the instructions for the DS-230 form on travel.state.gov, it seems we should keep the documents until London. The moderator on here, however, whom I completely trust, says send them in.

Either I'm the dumbest person in the world, or this process is incredibly complicated.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:02 am

Have the USC call the NVC and find out exactly what they want from you next. Persist until you get an answer you are clear with.

If it's me you meant, my understanding is that once you have the 'paid' barcode, those docs should have been sent in. But PLEASE don't take my word alone for it; this is the most complicated process they could develop.

I can promise you that the interview docs (civil docs, BC etc) MUST go to the NVC, not hand carried to the interview.
DO NOT follow the DS-230 instructions, the process has changed.

Read the two links I posted, and follow the links on the right in the London one for each next step.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 11:27 am

You were following Lynn's suggestions earlier.. the NVC isn't going to contact you; you need to send some forms in. I am not 100% clear what she means by "IV package" in her post here, but after you call NVC, I'll bet you can send ALL of the forms and paperwork in now.

Re-read that post.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...30&postcount=3
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

US Girl,

We're doing a CR1, I'm the UKC, we sent ORIGINAL's of my.........

Long Birth Certificate. (It must be the long version.)
Police Checks.
Divorce Decree.
Court papers relating to my son being allowed to move to USA.
Our Marriage Certificate.
And of course all the financial stuff.

I have also got copies of everything to take to the interview.

Tracey.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, again, everyone.

Tracy -- Yeah, I just figured out today that we need the long-form version of my husband's birth certificate, which of course we don't have, so had to order it online. If it's not one thing, it's another ...