Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Just called csc regarding my I-130 help

Wikiposts

Just called csc regarding my I-130 help

Old Aug 29th 2002, 3:48 am
Hetal

Default Just called csc regarding my I-130 help

I just called the California service center regarding my I-130 application, which I
filled in, May. I asked him why I have not received anything yet and how long is it
taking. He said currently it is taking one year for them to just approve the case.
Has anyone applied with CSC got their approval yet? How long did it take for you
guys? I told the person I spoke with that I have heard of a person applying in late
April who got his approval in august, which I read here and he asked me for his
notice number so he can check on what happened with that particular case. I mean one
year for approval is a very long time. And then I am assuming it take 3 months extra
for the interview and all of the other stuff. I don't even want to tell my husband
this he will be soo upset.

Old Aug 29th 2002, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

osaeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just called csc regarding my I-130 help

I (USC) filed an I-130 at CSC for overseas wife in mid-April. I received an RFE on June 24 (I answered N/A instead of None for a question), and received final approval from CSC July 15. So it looks like I could have had approval in 2.5 months, instead it took 3.

Good luck.

omer
Old Aug 30th 2002, 2:28 am
Hetal

Wow you got your approval in three months where it has been four moths since I
applied. I have applied for I-129F K3 visa also. I applied in June and still not
have heard anything from them. That was my question to them that why do some people
get approved before others. His reply was maybe because they had special
circumstances. When I told him I had read about people getting approved he asked me
for their receipt number so he can check on why they were approved so fast. This
waiting is just horrible especially when you learn others have gotten approved and
you have not so it makes you wonder if you did something wrong with your application
or have they lost it.

osaeed <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I (USC) filed an I-130 at CSC for overseas wife in mid-April. I received an RFE on
    > June 24 (I answered N/A instead of None for a question), and received final
    > approval from CSC July 15. So it looks like I could have had approval in 2.5
    > months, instead it took 3.
    > Good luck.
    > omer

Old Aug 30th 2002, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

One thing that may have helped me, I had been previously approved by CSC for a K-1 for the same beneficiary, but I withdrew the application as we wanted to get married overseas. I included a copy of my K-1 approval notice with my I-130. Maybe the INS officer looking at my I-130 was able to take some shortcuts in his review process by relying on the recent approval of the K-1.

omer
Old Aug 30th 2002, 10:25 am
Saumil

Hi, Hetal i have been following your post from couple of days.

Any way my first NOA was on May 15th 2002.

I called INS on Aug 30th 2002 and i was informed my K3 visa case has been approved.

I was very happy, and going to call my wife today and let her know.

I would have to wait for the packet from INS.

[email protected] (Hetal) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Wow you got your approval in three months where it has been four moths since I
    > applied. I have applied for I-129F K3 visa also. I applied in June and still not
    > have heard anything from them. That was my question to them that why do some
    > people get approved before others. His reply was maybe because they had special
    > circumstances. When I told him I had read about people getting approved he asked
    > me for their receipt number so he can check on why they were approved so fast.
    > This waiting is just horrible especially when you learn others have gotten approved
    > and you have not so it makes you wonder if you did something wrong with your
    > application or have they lost it.
    > osaeed <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I (USC) filed an I-130 at CSC for overseas wife in mid-April. I received an RFE
    > > on June 24 (I answered N/A instead of None for a question), and received final
    > > approval from CSC July 15. So it looks like I could have had approval in 2.5
    > > months, instead it took 3.
    > >
    > >
    > > Good luck.
    > >
    > >
    > > omer

Old Aug 30th 2002, 3:47 pm
Steve Hubbard

I was recently informe by a consul officers aide that I-130's are taking on average
16 months from the time of filing to the time the spouse's passport is stamped and an
average of 7 to 12 months for the 129f. We filed our I-130 in Apr of 2001 and rec'd
2nd NOA in Nov 2001...my wife is coming in on the K-3 instead...that took 10 months
from time of filing until her passport was stamped...its a long haul I'm
afraid...best wishes to all of you...

Old Aug 31st 2002, 8:57 am
Hetal

First of all congratulation to you two. When did you aplly for your
K3. I applied in June and my 1st NOA is dated June 14th and I have not heard
anything on that either.

[email protected] (saumil) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hi, Hetal i have been following your post from couple of days.
    > Any way my first NOA was on May 15th 2002.
    > I called INS on Aug 30th 2002 and i was informed my K3 visa case has been approved.
    > I was very happy, and going to call my wife today and let her know.
    > I would have to wait for the packet from INS.
    > [email protected] (Hetal) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > > Wow you got your approval in three months where it has been four moths since I
    > > applied. I have applied for I-129F K3 visa also. I applied in June and still
    > > not have heard anything from them. That was my question to them that why do some
    > > people get approved before others. His reply was maybe because they had special
    > > circumstances. When I told him I had read about people getting approved he asked
    > > me for their receipt number so he can check on why they were approved so fast.
    > > This waiting is just horrible especially when you learn others have gotten
    > > approved and you have not so it makes you wonder if you did something wrong with
    > > your application or have they lost it.
    > >
    > >
    > > osaeed <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > I (USC) filed an I-130 at CSC for overseas wife in mid-April. I received an
    > > > RFE on June 24 (I answered N/A instead of None for a question), and received
    > > > final approval from CSC July 15. So it looks like I could have had approval in
    > > > 2.5 months, instead it took 3.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Good luck.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > omer

Old Aug 31st 2002, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hetal:
First of all congratulation to you two. When did you aplly for your
K3. I applied in June and my 1st NOA is dated June 14th and I have not heard
anything on that either.

Thanks. My K3 had a notice date of May 1 and approval date of mid August. Still waiting for the K3 app to arrive in Islamabad from NVC.

omer
Old Sep 1st 2002, 6:04 am
Hetal

I hear it takes couple of weeks for them to get it. I am sure you will get your
packet three soon. Keep me updated on your progress. I would really like to
know. Thanks.

> Originally posted by Hetal:
    > > First of all congratulation to you two. When did you aplly for your
    > > K3. I applied in June and my 1st NOA is dated June 14th and I have not heard
    > > anything on that either.
    > >
    > >
    > Thanks. My K3 had a notice date of May 1 and approval date of mid August. Still
    > waiting for the K3 app to arrive in Islamabad from NVC.
    > omer

Old Sep 1st 2002, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

strawberries is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about I130 butI filed I-129F in October and we never heard from them again. We tried to get a receipt and failed. When we wrote they told us to call, when we called they told us to write. 6 months later the package for the K1 was sent to the wrong consulate and it was sent as a K3 package. Luckily the consulates all knew what was going on.
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

My wife received her K3 packet from Islamabad, postmarked 8/28, interview for 9/16. Funny thing, I called Islamabad with the case number generated by NVC on 8/30, they claimed they had not received the case. The interview is much sooner than I anticipated, and I cannot take a vacation until mid October, so my wife will have to attend the interview without me (no requirement for sposue to attend) and will get to spend extra time with her family in Pakistan

omer
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 7:25 am
Hetal

Congratulations Osaeed. Good luck on the interview.

> My wife received her K3 packet from Islamabad, postmarked 8/28, interview for 9/16.
    > Funny thing, I called Islamabad with the case number generated by NVC on 8/30, they
    > claimed they had not received the case. The interview is much sooner than I
    > anticipated, and I cannot take a vacation until mid October, so my wife will have
    > to attend the interview without me (no requirement for sposue to attend) and will
    > get to spend extra time with her family in Pakistan
    > omer