June K3 Approvals?

Old Nov 20th 2002, 2:05 am
Jennifer

Default June K3 Approvals?

First of all, congrats to all of you who have received online approval
in these last few days. Our 1st NOA is dated June 27th and we have not
heard anything yet (mail or online), is there anyone else from June or
around this time who has not yet received their 2nd notice? Any
suggestions about a course of action or should we just keep waiting?
Thanks in advance.

Jennifer

Old Nov 20th 2002, 2:44 am
Jimmye5d

Default NOA K-3 1st NOA June

Hi,

My 1st NOA for my I-129F K-3 was June 20 and have heard nothing yet. My I-130 1st NOA was May 30 and my 2nd NOA was Oct 22. It is now at the NVC for processing. The K-3 has not been any help. I don't know what is happening with the K-3 and MSC. I don't understand how I could get the I-130 approved in four and one half months and the K-3 is taking more than five months. I guess there is nothing to do but wait. My wife is in Ukraine. We are anxiously waiting. I miss her terribly

Jimmy

Old Nov 20th 2002, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOA K-3 1st NOA June

Jimmy,

What service center did you file with? Vermont has the reputation of processing 130's a lot faster than other service centers. Hey you are out the $110 but at least you got SOMETHING approved. Congrats!!

Claudia
Old Nov 20th 2002, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jimmye5d
Hi,

My 1st NOA for my I-129F K-3 was June 20 and have heard nothing yet. My I-130 1st NOA was May 30 and my 2nd NOA was Oct 22. It is now at the NVC for processing. The K-3 has not been any help. I don't know what is happening with the K-3 and MSC. I don't understand how I could get the I-130 approved in four and one half months and the K-3 is taking more than five months. I guess there is nothing to do but wait. My wife is in Ukraine. We are anxiously waiting. I miss her terribly

Jimmy
Jimmy: go with I-130! Once your applicatino gets the consulate, by law they will not able to process your K3 anyway. As I always said, this K3 visa is a big waste of time, government resources and false hope. I-130 may take a little bit longer to be proccessed at consulate, but it gets you immediate possess of green card and all the privileges associated with it. You wouldn't want to deal with I-485, EAD etc, would you? Good luck with your I-130. BTW, Have you got your NVC paperwork?
Old Nov 20th 2002, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

lizzie1977 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Jimmye5d
Hi,

Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

Can you tell me, where did you filled you I-130?
And how will be the process after I-130 was approved?

Thanks,

Lizzie
Old Nov 20th 2002, 3:06 pm
Jim Coates

Default Re: June K3 Approvals?

Just wanted to let everyone know that after seeing the large number of
approvals being anounced last night I decided to go to the INS case status
website to check on my status and to my surprise, I too received my
approval. Hurray. Here is my info.

First NOA for K3 - June 17, 2002
Approval status on the websited dated - 19 November, 2002

Other info:
First NOA for 1-130 - June 11, 2002 (California Service Center - currently
processing June 5th)

Wife in Philippines.

Good luck to everyone.

Jim

"Jennifer" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > First of all, congrats to all of you who have received online approval
    > in these last few days. Our 1st NOA is dated June 27th and we have not
    > heard anything yet (mail or online), is there anyone else from June or
    > around this time who has not yet received their 2nd notice? Any
    > suggestions about a course of action or should we just keep waiting?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Jennifer

Old Nov 20th 2002, 11:14 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Think it's worth it....

We have now decided to go with application for the K3. I know many of you have said that it's a waste of time and money, but at this point it seems to be the quickest option. I had thought initially that it was a typo on the Timeline lists that processing for 130 at TSC. Apparently not!! The idea of 500-600 days to process AND the date of May 01 (NOT 02) for current applications under review is so downheartening. So, reluctantly but hopefully K3 here I come..........
Old Nov 21st 2002, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Think it's worth it....

Originally posted by cindyabs
We have now decided to go with application for the K3. I know many of you have said that it's a waste of time and money, but at this point it seems to be the quickest option. I had thought initially that it was a typo on the Timeline lists that processing for 130 at TSC. Apparently not!! The idea of 500-600 days to process AND the date of May 01 (NOT 02) for current applications under review is so downheartening. So, reluctantly but hopefully K3 here I come..........
Sorry to hear that TSC is doing such a lousy job in processing IR category I-130s. VSC/CSC/NSC are all treating this category as high priority and moving well with the dates (currently in June range, I think). Maybe it's time to contact your congress person to see why TSC has a different policy. They all belong to the same INS after all. Just weird. Anyway, I agree that I would go with K3 if I were in your situation - forget about the unfortunate I-130 stuck in TSC, your spouse would be here long with K3 long before TSC got to your I-130 application.
Old Nov 21st 2002, 7:44 am
Jimmye5d

Default K3 Waiting

Hi All,

I filed my I-130 through NSC. I have only received the two bills from the NVC and paid those overnight mail. I have not received anything further from MSC or NVC

My timeline is as follows

I-130 first NOA, May 30
I-130 second NOA Oct 22
I-129 K3 first NOA June 20
I-129 K3 second NOA still waiting
I-130 Packet 3 still waiting

BTW I used an attorney who has been of little help. I also contacted two on my congressman's office and they have been of no help except for status. There is no way any of them will expedite the process. I urge you that are making plans to marry to set up some plan to be together through all this. I didn't and now I am really suffering without my wife. I wish I had been more decisive early on. Best Regards to all of you.

Jimmy