Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Originally Posted by AlistairL
San Francisco!
I've already got myself a job back there too working for the family brewery.
Oh, Helllloooooo.. anyone we know?

Sorry, just being nosy here.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

AlistairL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Oh, Helllloooooo.. anyone we know?

Sorry, just being nosy here.
Only the best craft brewery in California!

Well, thats my opinion
Old Oct 28th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

USAalltheway is an unknown quantity at this point

Approval received

Petition filed on August 24, date of approval of petition on October 26!!!

We don't have a case number yet - do we get this once the application is passed to the Immigrant Visa Unit?
Old Oct 28th 2010, 8:18 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by USAalltheway
Approval received

We don't have a case number yet - do we get this once the application is passed to the Immigrant Visa Unit?
Congrats!
I don't think anyone on this thread has a case number yet.
The Visa Unit is supposed to send you a letter with your case number and further instructions shortly after your file is transferred to them. It's supposed to be within a couple of weeks of the I-130 approval, but some people on other threads have reported delays. We'll see.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

krosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to all

Originally Posted by USAalltheway
Approval received

Hi USAalltheway

Interestingly, i;ve just got back home and our approval of petition has arrived on the doorstep exatclty the same as you! Petition approved Oct 26th, filed 24th August - so it would appear, much as we discussed, that we are indeed on a very much identical path towards our visa application

I do feel a great amount of relief, having gotten over the first hurdle of I-130 approval, especially after everyone else on this thread was reporting their own I-130 approvals. Good to know that things have definitely got moving after the "summer lull". Best of luck to all, let's keep this thread going by briefing one another on next steps....those of us trailing the rest of you will be very keen to hear how the next phase of the process pans out
Old Nov 1st 2010, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

jmes is an unknown quantity at this point

Filed Aug 6th, still no letter of approval :/

We changed address since then, we have recieved notification from them that our address has been changed. Getting nervous now though. Anyone else from early August still to here?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:08 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jmes
Filed Aug 6th, still no letter of approval :/

We changed address since then, we have recieved notification from them that our address has been changed. Getting nervous now though. Anyone else from early August still to here?
Although it's not entirely impossible that you just haven't received a letter yet, I suspect that it may actually have something to do with your moving addresses despite their confirmation. I'm saying this because the Embassy has now moved to processing September petitions and it seems like even the late August filers have now received their approvals.

If I were you, I'd do one of two things (or both) to check what's happening:
a) check with your pervious landlord/estate agency, or at least ask them to ask the new occupier to look out for a letter from USCIS and forward it to you
b) email USCIS London to ask whether an approval for your petition has been issued, and if so, at which address it was sent to and when. Their email address was on the notice of receipt that they sent you in August (probably via email).

This should help you track things down. If possible, it may even be worth checking with your local post office (seems like sometimes it's jus the post office that delays delivery).
Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

londonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nice

i would definatley drop them an email. It will clear up any doubts straight away. Also, once receiving your number from the IV department, how do you go about changing your address registered with them?
Old Nov 1st 2010, 4:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_C
Although it's not entirely impossible that you just haven't received a letter yet, I suspect that it may actually have something to do with your moving addresses despite their confirmation. I'm saying this because the Embassy has now moved to processing September petitions and it seems like even the late August filers have now received their approvals.

If I were you, I'd do one of two things (or both) to check what's happening:
a) check with your pervious landlord/estate agency, or at least ask them to ask the new occupier to look out for a letter from USCIS and forward it to you
b) email USCIS London to ask whether an approval for your petition has been issued, and if so, at which address it was sent to and when. Their email address was on the notice of receipt that they sent you in August (probably via email).

This should help you track things down. If possible, it may even be worth checking with your local post office (seems like sometimes it's jus the post office that delays delivery).
+1 and I would add: email the IVU and ask them if they have your case and please, what is the LND number?
Then you can just carry on with returning the Ds-2001 etc.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:27 am
Just Joined

jmes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the helpful answers. We had already called the premium line and sent two emails.

This morning we received an email reply, stating that we had an RFE. They had sent the letter on October 20th to an address that was not our old one, but not quite our new one.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:39 am
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jmes
Thanks for all the helpful answers. We had already called the premium line and sent two emails.

This morning we received an email reply, stating that we had an RFE. They had sent the letter on October 20th to an address that was not our old one, but not quite our new one.
Ugh! It's always one of my big fears with these things that somehow they're going to mess up the address.
Good luck with the RFE - hope you can find out what it is, send it to them and get your approval asap .
Keep us posted!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by C_C
Ugh! It's always one of my big fears with these things that somehow they're going to mess up the address.
Good luck with the RFE - hope you can find out what it is, send it to them and get your approval asap .
Keep us posted!
OK C_C, last gratuitous Hellenic story.. I know you're from the big city proper.
Our address was
Name
Village
Island Post Code
Delivered by the baker's wife, and anyone could take anyone else's mail. Mail call was the big daily event for the seniors, and each letter's recipient was read outloud, followed by a discussion of where that person was or might be and who would be seeing them later on and 'oh I'll take that to him'.

And yet, the system worked perfectly!

An RFE on the I-130 is almost always for proof of the marriage (the stuff the instructions ask for that London tells you NOT to send, and then asks for sometimes).
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 9:43 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
OK C_C, last gratuitous Hellenic story.. I know you're from the big city proper.
Our address was
Name
Village
Island Post Code
Delivered by the baker's wife, and anyone could take anyone else's mail. Mail call was the big daily event for the seniors, and each letter's recipient was read outloud, followed by a discussion of where that person was or might be and who would be seeing them later on and 'oh I'll take that to him'.

And yet, the system worked perfectly!
Don't you just love the Greek countryside?
Regardless, I can actually see how this system can work well!
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by C_C
Don't you just love the Greek countryside?
Regardless, I can actually see how this system can work well!
I do miss it..
And we had much the same system in Central America but relied on it that much more because there was only one land line phone in the village (pre cell phones), no newspapers or sat TV and mail took about 3 weeks each direction.. those letters were so sweet to receive!

I also had to keep my money hidden under the house floorboards.. we were cut off from the bank, too!
Greece seemed very modern by comparison.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 1:55 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Has anyone received the letter from the Visa Unit with their case number yet?
I haven't as of this morning (will check once I'm back home from work this evening).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.