Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: July/August I-130 DCF filers come here!

Interviews are so consistently 60 days from DS-2001 it's scary!

Congratulations on the i-date!
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

USAalltheway is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C_C
Congrats and good luck!
Let us know how it goes!
I am going to call the line to tell them, although I haven't done it yet - I keep forgetting
C_C would you mind sending through the hotline number are you calling? Is it the Operator Assisted Visa Information & Nonimmigrant Visa Appointment Booking Service on 09042-450-100?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:24 am
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by USAalltheway
C_C would you mind sending through the hotline number are you calling? Is it the Operator Assisted Visa Information & Nonimmigrant Visa Appointment Booking Service on 09042-450-100?
Yes, that's right. You'll need to select the option that's for immigrant & fiance visas from the main menu.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:39 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

C_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud ofC_C has much to be proud of

Ok, so for anyone who's interested: I've called the line and they gave me the code and advised me to email [email protected] to let them know my husband is attending and his full name.
So I've done that. I'm not actually expecting a response, but I thought I'd get an automatic response saying my email has been received (like the few times I emailed [email protected]) and I haven't in more than an hour
Old Jan 13th 2011, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

BoydandCaesar is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview scheduled for Jan. 18th 8am! Eeeee!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:46 am
Just Joined

jmes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C_C
Thank you jmes. I'll do that then

One more question for you (I've also started a separate thread asking the same thing): I understand that the USC in your case (don't know if it was you or your spouse) was living and working in the UK through the DCF process. Is that right? So your tax returns to the IRS must have reflected your UK earnings. At the day of the interview, was the Embassy happy with just a copy of the tax return or did they also require P45, paychecks etc. in the place of a W2?
Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately I can't help with that. My wife (USC) was only here for 13 months, and it took a while for her spouse visa to be approved, so she worked in this current tax year only - meaning that, as we have not filed those taxes yet, there were no records needed for this period at the time of interview.

I do believe that it is only the American taxes etc. that are needed, but can't confirm that through experience.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

I feel so completely stupid. I didn't include a cover letter with DS-2001 so didn't tell them our intended departure date. DH will most likely be on his own for the interview as my UK visa expires end of Feb.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:52 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deeks
I feel so completely stupid. I didn't include a cover letter with DS-2001 so didn't tell them our intended departure date. DH will most likely be on his own for the interview as my UK visa expires end of Feb.
Doesn't matter. The cover letter serves more in cases where people are in a rush. They should still give you an interview date that's approximately two months of the date when they received your DS-2001
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:32 am
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoydandCaesar
Interview scheduled for Jan. 18th 8am! Eeeee!
Best of luck!! You may be done already!!
Let us know how it went!!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

All approved!!! Wahoo!

I am the USC and my husband is the UKC. I am already back in the US because my visa expired on the 8th of December. My H said it was really easy and he was way over prepared. He went in talked to the lady at the first window, gave her the docs she asked for, had a seat, talked to the lady at the second window and she basically asked him a few questions and boom he was approved in like 2 minutes!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

krosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to allkrosfyah is a name known to all

All approved!!! Wahoo!

I am the USC and my husband is the UKC. I am already back in the US because my visa expired on the 8th of December. My H said it was really easy and he was way over prepared. He went in talked to the lady at the first window, gave her the docs she asked for, had a seat, talked to the lady at the second window and she basically asked him a few questions and boom he was approved in like 2 minutes!
Congratulations that's great

I wonder if this was "easy" due to the fact you (the USC) were already domiciled back in the US? This significantly gets you over the domicile hurdle.

For those not in such a fortunate position, i am going for my interview on Tuesday 25th. My wife is still in the UK, and has been here for 7+ years. We don't have kids, she doesn't own property and she doesn't have a job secured in the US (althuogh she did try and get an internal transfer and interviewed but was unsuccessful).

I am anticipating some questioning over re-establishment of domicile. I do feel i have some good evidence to present, but i'm still 50/50 on what they might say. I will of course report back next Tuesday with a write up.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:36 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

All approved!!! Wahoo!

Wohoo!! Congrats to your husband!!
I'm sure it was easier for him to get approved since you are back in the States
Happy moving now

Krosfyah - we are in similar boats. My husband has been in the UK for the past 4 years and is still here living and working (we want to move over together), we have no kids, own no property in the UK or the US. We don't have jobs in the US either, but we are looking to establish our own business there and we've made some first steps towards that direction (so this is going to be a big part of his proof of domicile among several other things).
On the bright side, I've read stories in here where people were on similar situations and had no problems - some of them weren't even asked about domicile.
Will be eager to read your interview experience next week!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! I'm sure it was easier because of there being no 'intent' to domicile issue. He said the interviewer didn't even want to see any evidence that I was already back in the States, that when he offered it she said ' it's okay, I believe you.'

Good luck to everyone!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Colobound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
congrats on all of the interviews, sounds like things are going really well for the July/ August crowd.

Quick question for C_C. In your signature you say-
DS230-I & DS2001 sent back, received by the Embassy Dec 3, 2010; interview scheduled for Feb 1, 2011
I am just wondering about how you know it was received by the Embassy, did you get a letter from them as we did for the I-130? I sent mine 6th Jan and have heard nothing yet... Thanks!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 12:44 pm
C_C
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Colobound
Hi,
congrats on all of the interviews, sounds like things are going really well for the July/ August crowd.

Quick question for C_C. In your signature you say-
DS230-I & DS2001 sent back, received by the Embassy Dec 3, 2010; interview scheduled for Feb 1, 2011
I am just wondering about how you know it was received by the Embassy, did you get a letter from them as we did for the I-130? I sent mine 6th Jan and have heard nothing yet... Thanks!
No, I just sent it recorded delivery, so I was able to track it online and I saw it was delivered on the 3rd of December.
Don't expect to hear anything yet. Your next - and last - letter should be your interview letter (I'd guess around mid-February) with an interview date around the 6th of March, judging from what has happened with most other people (interviews taking place approximately 60 days after DS-2001 was sent). Unless you've requested an earlier interview date due to travel plans, in which case you can expect to hear earlier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.