British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Journey started, question about NOA1 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/journey-started-question-about-noa1-904143/)

ItsHappening Oct 4th 2017 5:12 pm

Journey started, question about NOA1

Hello, I've been lurking but decided it's finally time to join (as I have a question of my own now!).

My SO is a USC who's been living with me in London, UK for the last 7 years. We've been married for 4 years and he has a resident card for UK. That's all in order.
I am a BEC (Belgian) and have been living in London for 14 years. I'm on a EU passport so my paperwork is also in order.

We submitted the I-130 and I-130a package to the DCF in London on 15th September by recorded next day delivery. Someone signed and payment was taken a few days later, so far we haven't received our NOA1 but I'm not stressing. I just want to double check this is normal?

I have requested my police certificate from Belgium (all clear) and ACRO (all clear), go photos taken and all that jaz. Mum has sent me my birth certificate and I've been to the doctor to get vaccinations done again as there is no proof or record of me receiving them as a child (even though mum is certain of it).

I'm nervous and excited about our plans, while I was thinking it would take 12 months initially, reading other people's timelines it seems that it can go quite quickly. I'm also realistic in that Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up.

TL;DR Do I need to stress about not receiving my NOA1 after 2 weeks?

Pulaski Oct 4th 2017 5:18 pm

Re: Journey started, question about NOA1

Originally Posted by ItsHappening (Post 12353684)
..... I'm nervous and excited about our plans, while I was thinking it would take 12 months initially, reading other people's timelines it seems that it can go quite quickly. I'm also realistic in that Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up. ....

For a DCF in London, you should get your visa in 6-8 months if you turn around things at your end promptly. Slightly less than six months isn't impossible. Conversely you can slow things down by not responding (for up to 12 months) to the steps you complete, such as booking the medical.

BTW Welcome to BE. :wave:

Chins Oct 5th 2017 8:00 am

Ive gone through DCF and realistically could of done it in 4 weeks, but i think i timed mine for a quiet time. If you look at the embassy web site it tells you which week applications are being processed. At the moment its last week in August. So in theory yours will be processed in a couple of week. Mine was in fact 2 weeks quicker than stated.

So with a fair wind you should get notification in a couple of weeks and a case number a few days after. Then you can book your medical for just after your second MMR and an interview 6 working days later.

ItsHappening Oct 5th 2017 9:27 am

Thank you all, looks like I shouldn't worry about NOA1 and just wait a few weeks for NOA2. I'm still early in the process but it's like waiting for Santa Claus, every day is a day closer to opening the presents!

GCShihtzu Oct 14th 2017 1:38 pm

ItsHappening,

Did you finally get your NOA1 and NOA2? How long did it take from filing date?

Thanks!

ItsHappening Oct 15th 2017 9:01 am

Not yet GCShihtzu, payment was taken so I'm not too worried about NOA1. They're up to 12th September now in terms of processing, so I anticipate they start next Friday on ours.

GCShihtzu Oct 15th 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks ItsHappening. So I take it you're just expecting NOA2 without the NOA1? Seems reasonable...

viitav Oct 16th 2017 9:36 am

I got my IR1 via DCF within 8 weeks from start to finish - if you are on top of your checklist of doc's you can push it through pretty quick.

GCShihtzu Oct 16th 2017 11:34 am

Viitav,

Yes, I had noticed that in the timeline thread - impressive. Did you receive a NOA1 or just got the NOA2 straightaway?

viitav Oct 16th 2017 11:50 am

Took a week for the NOA1 which was via email however I remember being told that not everyone gets them.

GCShihtzu Oct 16th 2017 11:54 am

I got my email notice right away myself. But I was under the impression the NOA1 was "snail mailed". Thus my confusion. Thanks...

viitav Oct 16th 2017 12:02 pm

Haha yeah I thought the same thing!

You’ll get your NOA2 fairly soon! They are super quick at the moment.

ItsHappening Oct 16th 2017 9:15 pm

It's been four weeks since we submitted our i-130 + 130a (and payment was taken the day after it arrived) but nothing in the snail nor e-mail. We're patiently waiting.

ItsHappening Oct 20th 2017 11:14 am

Right, they are now;

As of October 20, 2017, we are processing Petitions for Alien Relative (Form I-130) filed on September 18, 2017.
Which I presume means ours is being processed? Still no NOA1 and I doubt we'll ever get one, but am I right in thinking it will be a couple of weeks before we get NOA2 in the mail? Or should I reach out to them regarding NOA1?

GCShihtzu Oct 20th 2017 2:28 pm

ItsHappening,

It seems like you should be getting your NOA2 soon. What is strange is that you never even got an email notice. I got my email notice I think 2 days after the application was received. No NOA1 on the snail mail though.

The Embassy seems to be slowing down somewhat. Only 6 days improvement on this last update. Hope it's not a trend.

I would hang on for another week before making a contact. Again, I am just surprised you didn't even get a notice on the email. Perhaps other contributors here would know how to contact the Embassy or even if that's recommended.

Good luck....