Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

joint tax returns and I-134?!

Wikiposts

joint tax returns and I-134?!

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:46 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default joint tax returns and I-134?!

Hey everyone!

So I finally got all my evidence of support stuff through by fed ex this morning. At first I thought it all looked good but have a few questions, if anyone can help?!

My fiancé has supplied an i-134, 3 years tax transcripts, 3 years individual tax returns, a copy of his court order decree staying his change of surname (as prior tax returns were in his old), his name), a copy of his birth certificate, a copy of his new birth certificate after his name change, and a letter from his university saying he is in full time education (this was just for explaining why he hasn't been earning anything over 7k for the last 4 years)

So far I it seems ok!

Then his mother sent a 1-134, a copy of her passport, a letter from the bank president stating she has wages going into her account bi weekly and that she is in good standing, a letter from her business saying she is employed full time as a surgeon and has been for 25 years, a letter from her accountant staying he has filed a tax extension for 2008

Then the next bit gets a cut complicated, on her I-134 she states her wage as between 150k and 250k a year and she as 3 dependants. I asked for tax transcripts but her accountant must have not understood (?!) as he sent 3 years individual tax returns (both federal and state) , the most recent one (2007) is her filing on her own (not filing jointly with her husband) and the wages are at around 250k, but then the 2006 and 2005 returns are filed jointly and the wages on them are around 500k. .

My interview is on Monday and therefore I don't think I could get any more evidence befor hand, do you think the tax returns will be ok or should I delay my interview until I have them, also what to do about the 2006 and 2005 joint filings?

Thanks, nearly there have my medical tomorrow morning and i'm just beginning to worry!

Sophie

Last edited by yorkieuk; Apr 22nd 2009 at 3:49 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: joint tax returns and I-134?!

You don't need the tax returns and the transcripts but one or the other. Does her return have a W-2 or schedule attached to it?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

The federal returns and then the state returns are huge about 25 pages each, so I think the schedule is attacted.

I did ask for W2s and tax transcipts but just got the tax returns!

Argh!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:01 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
The federal returns and then the state returns are huge about 25 pages each, so I think the schedule is attacted.

I did ask for W2s and tax transcipts but just got the tax returns!

Argh!

The I-134 is an either / or form. You do not have to have everything that is listed. You should be fine with what you have listed.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou, the stress is going! I guess the worse that can happen is that I get asked for the W2s or trancripts, which would be simple enough.

I hope when I bombard them with all my colored and organised files and a big smile they let it go
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Thankyou, the stress is going! I guess the worse that can happen is that I get asked for the W2s or trancripts, which would be simple enough.

I hope when I bombard them with all my colored and organised files and a big smile they let it go
Since your fiance is not able to be your sponsor, it's actually his mother's information that you'll need, not really his. Bring it all with you to the interview, just in case, but it's really his mother's that will be used.

As long as you have a copy of her Federal return (don't need the state one), and her W-2, you should be fine. And of course the other stuff you mentioned (her passport page, bank letter, etc).

Rene