Joint sponsor RFE - birth certificate but no passport

Joint sponsor RFE - birth certificate but no passport

Old Apr 27th 2023, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

epiphanyuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joint sponsor RFE - birth certificate but no passport

Originally Posted by tht
So it’s not a birth certificate?

They may be being pedantic, but it could be you have not sent a copy of a birth certificate. Your sponsor should be able to apply for a new one. I got 3 additional ones after my sons were born so I would have some spares for any future use. Does the document you submitted actually say “Birth Certificate” on it and is it printed on special paper or just plain white paper ?
It says "certificate of birth" and is printed on special paper. It includes the following:

Name (has not changed), date of birth, place of birth, sex
File number
Name, place of birth of both parents
Filing date (within 1 year of birth)
Signature of registrar
Embossed seal of the issuing county
Old Apr 27th 2023, 5:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
So it’s not a birth certificate? ...
In some US states there is only one birth certificate in existence, the one the state holds, and everything else is marked as some sort of copy of the record. It's weird. And can cause problems, though this is particularly weird if a birth certificate issued by a US state is not being accepted by an agency of the federal government.
Old Apr 27th 2023, 5:54 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by epiphanyuk
It says "certificate of birth" and is printed on special paper. It includes the following:

Name (has not changed), date of birth, place of birth, sex
File number
Name, place of birth of both parents
Filing date (within 1 year of birth)
Signature of registrar
Embossed seal of the issuing county
that sounds like a full birth certificate…..
Old Apr 27th 2023, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

From what I've read the DoS will accept city, county or state issued certificates as primary evidence of citizenship, as long as they include certain details and are signed and sealed by the issuing authority.
Old Apr 27th 2023, 9:21 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read the DoS will accept city, county or state issued certificates as primary evidence of citizenship, as long as they include certain details and are signed and sealed by the issuing authority.
If I was still practicing immigration law I would have no real idea on what to advise you. I would need information which is quite lacking here.
Old Apr 28th 2023, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

So I received this email today...

Subject: U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in London has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DX Group. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration."
Old Apr 29th 2023, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

So I received this email today...

Subject: U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in London has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DX Group. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration."

Can't wait to hear what this document is......
Old Apr 29th 2023, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Can't wait to hear what this document is......
Honestly at this stage I'm withholding optimism.
Old May 2nd 2023, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Received my passport with the issued visa today. Turns out the birth certificate was sufficient. Thank you to everyone for your support (also in my numerous other threads!).
Old May 2nd 2023, 4:59 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Received my passport with the issued visa today. Turns out the birth certificate was sufficient. Thank you to everyone for your support (also in my numerous other threads!).
Congratulations!
Old May 2nd 2023, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 2nd 2023, 10:08 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to hear about the grant. It seems you got a bum pro forma notice in the past. Apparently, when it got before an actual ConOff with authority, no problem.
Old May 2nd 2023, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Pleased to hear about the grant. It seems you got a bum pro forma notice in the past. Apparently, when it got before an actual ConOff with authority, no problem.
Thanks! Yes I think that's what must have happened. I wasn't aware of the post-interview Embassy process, so when I got that email requesting the passport (twice) I assumed it was directly from a ConOff's advice, which kind of panicked me.