Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Joint Sponsor/Household Member

Joint Sponsor/Household Member

Old Dec 5th 2019, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Joint Sponsor/Household Member

Hi, hopefully just a quick one...
My USC Husband has the suffix Jr in his name, but it's not listed as such on the Ceac page. He is trying to add his father as a joint sponsor to meet the income requirements, as he doesn't quite meet it on his own, however the document upload fails due to having the same name.

Has anybody come across this before? The only solution I could think of is appending 'Sr' to his dad's name, to get it past the filter. Are we missing something?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joint Sponsor/Household Member

Originally Posted by Given2Fly
Hi, hopefully just a quick one...
My USC Husband has the suffix Jr in his name, but it's not listed as such on the Ceac page. He is trying to add his father as a joint sponsor to meet the income requirements, as he doesn't quite meet it on his own, however the document upload fails due to having the same name.

Has anybody come across this before? The only solution I could think of is appending 'Sr' to his dad's name, to get it past the filter. Are we missing something?
Try adding your father-in-law's middle name and/or initial
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Given2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond reputeGiven2Fly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Try adding your father-in-law's middle name and/or initial
Good call - I'll pass that along.
Thank you
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:30 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

If they really are senior and junior, the middle initials will be the same (the two George Bushes who were president were not senior and junior for that very reason -- different middle initials), so it may be that adding Sr. to your FIL's name will be the answer.