The Joint sponsor...

Old Sep 4th 2002, 12:42 am
darrenb

Default The Joint sponsor...

Hi Gurus,

I have another question that you guys may be able to help me with.

My USC wife's sister will be acting as a join sponsor for our K3 Visa application. We are doing direct consular filing through London. One the i-1864 form it says that all sponsors must have their I-1864 forms signed in the presence of a notary. I quote:

This form, the I-864, completed and signed before a notary
public or a Consular or Immigration Officer.

My fabulous sister in law lives in the States. Does that mean that she to come to London to attend the interview or go to a service centre and sign it there?

Your help as always will help me sleep this evening.

Thanks

DarrenB

Old Sep 4th 2002, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Joint sponsor...

My fabulous sister in law lives in the States. Does that mean that she to come to London to attend the interview or go to a service centre and sign it there?

Hi,
I've just been through exactly the same.
She doesn't have to do either of the above.
Just get it signed by a Notary (bank manager or similar) and send it to you in London, ready for presentation at your interview.

Good luck
Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:49 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Joint sponsor...

Notaries are people who have passed an exam given by the state in which they live that allows them attest to the fact that the person signing a document is that person and has shown photo identification for example as proof. Your SIL can find a notary at a bank, law office, drug store, companies such as Mailboxes, Etc. and in the yellow pages of her local phone book.

Rete

Originally posted by darrenb:
Hi Gurus,

I have another question that you guys may be able to help me with.

My USC wife's sister will be acting as a join sponsor for our K3 Visa application. We are doing direct consular filing through London. One the i-1864 form it says that all sponsors must have their I-1864 forms signed in the presence of a notary. I quote:

This form, the I-864, completed and signed before a notary
public or a Consular or Immigration Officer.

Your help as always will help me sleep this evening.

Thanks

DarrenB