Wikiposts

joint sponsor.

Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

londonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nice
Default joint sponsor.

Hey guys, i've searched for this but can't find a definitive answer. I'd appreciate some clarification. It is with regards to the household number on the affidavit of support.

Think of a married couple with 2 chidren under 10. say in 2009 the husband sponsors an immigrant with an affidavid of support. When he supports this income he uses a married filing joint tax return (she is not involved and does not sign the I-864A form). Now say in 2010 she wants to sponsor another completely separate immigrant (joint sponsor that is). When she calculates the household number on this new affidavid of support sends in the 'married filing jointly tax return' does she include the immigrant that her husband previously sponsored (in which she had no signatory or involvement outside using their joint tax return)?

Hope i explained this adequately.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:45 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: joint sponsor.

No, she does not include the immigrant which her husband sponsored the year before.

Even though he included a joint tax return, her income was not being used on his I-864, so she is not a sponsor or joint sponsor in that scenario.

Rene
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

londonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nicelondonmale2008 is just really nice
Default Re: joint sponsor.

lovely. thanks for your help. this forum is an incredible resource and i'd be lost on so many things without it.