Reload this Page >

Joint/Separate Interviews

Wikiposts

Joint/Separate Interviews

Old Feb 21st 2010, 4:46 am
Just Joined

John Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joint/Separate Interviews

My wife and I have our interview at the London Embassy shortly.
We are in the last stage of the I-130 visa (our daughter is now a US Citizen and is sponsoring us).
We are curious as to what questions we are likely to be asked and also if we will be interviewed together or separately.

Anybody gone through this recently?

Thanks,

John Boy
Old Feb 21st 2010, 4:50 am
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Joint/Separate Interviews

They will ask you some friendly questions! About general background and stuff but they will interview you together!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the encouraging reply.
We figured there shouldn't be too much cross examination (e.g. for marriage-based or business-related cases).
We have a condo and bank account already, so have taken measures to ensure we are self-sufficient.
I think our only remaining concern is health insurance (looks like it will cost around $800 for both if us with Geisinger - we will be living in PA).
Still, it beats the alternative...

Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John Boy
Thanks for the encouraging reply.
We figured there shouldn't be too much cross examination (e.g. for marriage-based or business-related cases).
We have a condo and bank account already, so have taken measures to ensure we are self-sufficient.
I think our only remaining concern is health insurance (looks like it will cost around $800 for both if us with Geisinger - we will be living in PA).
Still, it beats the alternative...

Remember the premium is just part of the cost. The one that catches most people out.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 12:39 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Remember the premium is just part of the cost. The one that catches most people out.
$800 a month doesn't sound all that bad -- but what does it cover? Is it an HMO, PPO? Hospitalization, deductibles and all that.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

the options are varied (and somewhat confusing to the newcomer)

I've attached a pdf copy of the rates and options sheet.
(This is based on a couple in their mid 50's.)

I think we're fortunate to have Geisinger available to us (they only operate in PA). President Obama cited them in his speech on healthcare reform as a good example of a company offering cost-effective individual/small business cover.

I don't know what option we would choose, but it's clear the higher deductible, co-pay etc. you will accept, and the more restrictions on the doctor's list, the lower the premium.

I'd be interested to hear any stories with respect to how easy (or not) it is to actually get coverage from a provider; given that our medical records, etc. are held in the UK.

Cheers,

John Boy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Geisinger Rate Sheet.pdf (35.0 KB, 145 views)