Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Its Officially Over: I-751 Waiver Approved Without Interview

Its Officially Over: I-751 Waiver Approved Without Interview

Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough
Default Its Officially Over: I-751 Waiver Approved Without Interview

Two weeks ago I was told by an immigration officer over the phone that my I-751 waiver petition (marriage entered in good faith & subjected to extreme mental cruelty) was approved on 6/17/05 although no approval letter was mailed out.

Today I went to my local district office (Newark) and they confirm to me that my case was approved without interview and I was processed for new permanent resident card. My category now is IR6 and they stamped my passport with the regular 1 year I-551 stamp, however, this time they wrote section 216 approved. They took my expired conditional green card and they told me I should receive my new card between 6 to 12 months.

I can't believe the LPR process is finally over. I filed the I-485 on August of 2000 so it took 5 years to become an unconditional permanent resident.

As an aspiring attorney I am very proud because I self-represented myself through divorce proceedings and won a great battle against my ex-wife and obtained a no-fault divorce and once the divorce was final, I filed on my own the I-751 waiver petition which was approved without interview.

A curious fact of my case is that when I filed the joint I-751 my case was selected for interview, once I re-filed on the waiver grounds, my case was approved without interview...

The next stop on my immigration journey will be filing the N-400 on January 2006. For those of you who supported me and provided with helpful advice, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! and for those still waiting, as long as the facts of your case are true, you will be approved.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all
Default Re: Its Officially Over: I-751 Waiver Approved Without Interview

Aguila,
Congrats, you give a lot of hope to those of us still caught in the USCIS net !
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Congratulations! Great news!

Rene
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AGUILA
Today I went to my local district office (Newark) and they confirm to me that my case was approved without interview and I was processed for new permanent resident card.
Congratulations! Great news.

Ian
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

sap123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Two weeks ago I was told by an immigration officer over the phone that my I-751 waiver petition (marriage entered in good faith & subjected to extreme mental cruelty) was approved on 6/17/05 although no approval letter was mailed out.

Today I went to my local district office (Newark) and they confirm to me that my case was approved without interview and I was processed for new permanent resident card. My category now is IR6 and they stamped my passport with the regular 1 year I-551 stamp, however, this time they wrote section 216 approved. They took my expired conditional green card and they told me I should receive my new card between 6 to 12 months.

I can't believe the LPR process is finally over. I filed the I-485 on August of 2000 so it took 5 years to become an unconditional permanent resident.

As an aspiring attorney I am very proud because I self-represented myself through divorce proceedings and won a great battle against my ex-wife and obtained a no-fault divorce and once the divorce was final, I filed on my own the I-751 waiver petition which was approved without interview.

A curious fact of my case is that when I filed the joint I-751 my case was selected for interview, once I re-filed on the waiver grounds, my case was approved without interview...

The next stop on my immigration journey will be filing the N-400 on January 2006. For those of you who supported me and provided with helpful advice, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! and for those still waiting, as long as the facts of your case are true, you will be approved.
Congratulation on getting unconditional gc. As you have mentioned being an aspiring attorney, I couldn't asking following dilemma I am facing.

When I applied changed my status from H1 to V1 (kind of K1 Visa) I got A# first time on my receipt notice. But when I actually received the EAD (based on V1), It had different A#. Also, it had letter mentioning, please keep this half, which contains your
A# or N#. So, when I applied for AOS (I-485) I used that A#, in filing up the forms.
I-485 receipt notice had the same A# mentioned on it. Now I have received the interview letter, which has different A#. As always I have to bring new I-864. So, my concern is what A# should I use while filing up the I-864.

Any suggestion or comments are appreciated.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the roughAGUILA is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sap123
Congratulation on getting unconditional gc. As you have mentioned being an aspiring attorney, I couldn't asking following dilemma I am facing.

When I applied changed my status from H1 to V1 (kind of K1 Visa) I got A# first time on my receipt notice. But when I actually received the EAD (based on V1), It had different A#. Also, it had letter mentioning, please keep this half, which contains your
A# or N#. So, when I applied for AOS (I-485) I used that A#, in filing up the forms.
I-485 receipt notice had the same A# mentioned on it. Now I have received the interview letter, which has different A#. As always I have to bring new I-864. So, my concern is what A# should I use while filing up the I-864.

Any suggestion or comments are appreciated.
I would use the A # that is showing on your interview letter. A # change and that is normal and okay. When I ad my EAD I had a different A# than the one I got on my conditional green card, and this latter one became my final A#.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations Aguila!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

I would use the A # that is showing on your interview letter. A # change and that is normal and okay. When I ad my EAD I had a different A# than the one I got on my conditional green card, and this latter one became my final A#.
Thanks for your reply.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 8:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Aguila!
You have done a great favor to the online community with your persistence and documenting stories and cases.

Enjoy your new status!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

How long they took to merge them?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

When I applied changed my status from H1 to V1 (kind of K1 Visa)... yadda, yadda, yadda
Exactly how many threads are you going to hijack with your question?

Ian
Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Way to go Eagle. Congrats on a long, long journey.

Sphy
Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Its Officially Over: I-751 Waiver Approved Without Interview

Great news, it's over and now you are FREE!
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

How long they took to merge them?
If you bother to read my signature, you will find my timeline and thus you will notice that I originally filed an I-751 joint on 1/03, re-file on 3/04 and was approved on 6/05.
Old Aug 15th 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrow Re: Its Officially Over: I-751 Waiver Approved Without Interview

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congrats Aguila!
You have done a great favor to the online community with your persistence and documenting stories and cases.

Enjoy your new status!
Thank you! You were very nice to me. I will be "moving on" and will not check the forum as regularly as I used to but I can always be reached at: [email protected]

I know many others will come here with the same situation I had and I will always be happy to assist those they face the same dilemma with the I-751 waiver process.