Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

It's official CPR without interview (Philly)!!!!

It's official CPR without interview (Philly)!!!!

Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough
Talking It's official CPR without interview (Philly)!!!!

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that it is now official. My Irish hubby and I went to Philly yesterday and he was able to get his I-551 stamp in his passport without incident. We made our infopass appoint showed the officer the approval letter he had been sent and she gave him the stamp. She told him that 90 days prior to his 2 yr anniversary he had to file for removal of conditions and that he won't get any reminder letter. His official status as a CPR started 3/29/05...3 days prior to his EAD expiring. The officer took his old EAD and the approval letter We wanted to keep them as souviners, oh well.

I just wanted to allay any fears that there was a mistake or something since he never had an interview...turns out it was all okay. It is possible to get by w/o an interview, yay!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who's helped along the way. I'll still try to visit to help where I can...Philly changed their format right after we applied and since we didn't interview I wouldn't know what to say about that.

Good luck to everyone still in the midst of the process...I'm sure I'll be back with many questions in December 2006!!!!

MarDae
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's official CPR without interview (Philly)!!!!

Congrats
That's a shame they take the old EAD away huh...hmmm...
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, MarDae! That's good news! Congratulations! You're the first post I've seen here to get CPR w/o an interview.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:24 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!!!!!! Congratulations!!! That's awesome.

Unfortunately I don't know the whole story, so I'm going to have to look back to find your old posts and read up on what happened, but that's awesome!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:50 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
Unfortunately I don't know the whole story, so I'm going to have to look back to find your old posts and read up on what happened, but that's awesome!
Ok, so now that I read up on your previous post I still have a question: did you have any indications at all before you received the approval letter to hint that this would happen? Did you get any other letters or anything?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarDae
My Irish hubby and I went to Philly yesterday and he was able to get his I-551 stamp in his passport without incident.
Excellent!

Ian
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

margyw will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: It's official CPR without interview (Philly)!!!!

wow that is Excellent!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steffi
Ok, so now that I read up on your previous post I still have a question: did you have any indications at all before you received the approval letter to hint that this would happen? Did you get any other letters or anything?
Hi Steffi,

No the letter came out of the blue. We went to Philly to apply in person for his renewal EAD...no luck there...but while we were there we had an inquiry on his AOS case started since he had never received any information about fingerprinting and it was about a year to the day from when he had applied. The woman took a copy of our AOS receipt notice and then a couple of weeks later he received a letter for fingerprinting. He was fingerprinted on March 22nd and he received the approval letter on April 4th date March 29th!!! We made an infopass appointment that same day and the soonest we could get was this past Monday April 18th when he received his stamp.

We were expecting an interview notice not the approval letter...I thought he was kidding when he first told me but he read the letter to me over the phone and I knew he didn't have the immigration knowledge to make up the things it said. Now we don't have to worry about immigration for about two years!

I wish I knew why we were so lucky as to not need an interview but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Just know that it does happen, however rarely.

MarDae
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Wow MarDae, that's wonderful for your husband. I'm hoping they do the same for me at Philly but I don't think they will somehow. I applied about for my AOS about three weeks before you did too. Hopefully I will hear something soon too anyway. Congrats again.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlisonPA
Wow MarDae, that's wonderful for your husband. I'm hoping they do the same for me at Philly but I don't think they will somehow. I applied about for my AOS about three weeks before you did too. Hopefully I will hear something soon too anyway. Congrats again.
I hope that you hear something soon. There seems to be no logic to how they do things. People who applied months after we did were already receiving interviews!! I hope that your interview notice is in the mail or better yet your approval letter!!!!

MarDae
Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:09 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Hey hey congrats... gettings through it! I know the relief of getting this far after so long!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:07 pm
Guest21

Congradulations WOW I bet that was a relief?
My best friend also had no interview in October in NY without an interview, but seems they are few and far between.
Be happy always.
Whiskers

Old Apr 20th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

CONGRATULATIONS...................

It's a wonderful feeling.

No interview...BRILLIANT

Best Wishes

Sue
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations, what a nice treat!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:46 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarDae
Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that it is now official. My Irish hubby and I went to Philly yesterday and he was able to get his I-551 stamp in his passport without incident. We made our infopass appoint showed the officer the approval letter he had been sent and she gave him the stamp. She told him that 90 days prior to his 2 yr anniversary he had to file for removal of conditions and that he won't get any reminder letter. His official status as a CPR started 3/29/05...3 days prior to his EAD expiring. The officer took his old EAD and the approval letter We wanted to keep them as souviners, oh well.

I just wanted to allay any fears that there was a mistake or something since he never had an interview...turns out it was all okay. It is possible to get by w/o an interview, yay!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who's helped along the way. I'll still try to visit to help where I can...Philly changed their format right after we applied and since we didn't interview I wouldn't know what to say about that.

Good luck to everyone still in the midst of the process...I'm sure I'll be back with many questions in December 2006!!!!

MarDae
WOW!! that is excellent news!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!
USCIS free for a while must rock!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.