Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Iterview & appointement letter, pls help..

Wikiposts

Iterview & appointement letter, pls help..

Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:05 am
Just Joined

JAMESON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iterview & appointement letter, pls help..

Hi,
I called the customer care (the expensive no) of london us embassy to make an enquiry about my interview, then the lady told me that they scheduled my interview on December 4 th @8' 0 clock.They already sent the appointement letter two weeks before but i havnt got it yet. She said I could also attend the interview without the appointement letter because my name will be in their list.
Is it ok to attend the interview without the app.letter?
What is the actual content of the app.letter?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:14 am
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Iterview & appointement letter, pls help..

Originally Posted by JAMESON
Hi,
I called the customer care (the expensive no) of london us embassy to make an enquiry about my interview, then the lady told me that they scheduled my interview on December 4 th @8' 0 clock.They already sent the appointement letter two weeks before but i havnt got it yet. She said I could also attend the interview without the appointement letter because my name will be in their list.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:16 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can go without the letter apparently. Others have reported doing so, the security guard outside will have your name on a list for that day.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:17 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
I believe you need the appointment letter to get in the door. Unless they've changed that recently.
Quite a few on VJ have said they never got the letter and had no problems going without it, so at some time I guess it must have changed.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:59 am
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks in advance
IIRC, Interview letters tend to include information ( a check list kinda) of what, if any documentation you will be required to hand over / show to the IO if it's required. In short, you should have with you originals of any photocopied documents you have submitted with your application.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks in advance

"This office is now ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa for this applicant. This involves a full medical conducted by an Embassy doctor and an interview conducted by a con-of at the Embassy.

An outline of what your visit to the Embassy will entail is included in the following link http://londonusembassy.gov/cons_new/...visaforms.html (form IV18 - immigrant visa applicants or form IV19 - fiance and K3 visa applicants.

If you've already undergone a medical by the Embassy's panel or have booked an appointment with them, your medical results will be sent directly to the Embassy. If you have not yet booked an appointment, please follow instructions via the following link : http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...v/medexam.html

PLEASE NOTE: You must undergo the medical exam or make a booking prior to the interview. If you fail to do so, the interview will be cancelled and you will be required to reschedule for a later date.

If you need to bring a carer, translator or USC spouse/finace to assist you during your time at the Embassy, please send us their full name as soon as possible so that we may arrange their access to the Embassy. Please let them know that they are required to bring photo ID such as their passport with them."

Pretty much direct quote from my letter. If you don't have the appointment letter make sure you take your Packet 3 letter which will have your LND case number on it.

Alright guess I've put off cleaning the kitchen for long enough now. Must go clean if I want to be able to cook Thanksgiving dinner any time today
Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

sharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to allsharo is a name known to all

No idea what happened to the links I posted but do a search for the IV18 or IV19 and you'll get there - sorry about that.

Best of luck for your interview!!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharo
Jameson I'm not sure which visa you're applying for....
He's going for a K-1 visa. Since the guy makes one post and then never returns, my guess is all he wants are answers... and can't be bothered to even come back to thank those who respond. He's done it before... he'll do it again.

Ian
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Interview & appointment letter, pls help..

We haven't received a letter, just found out over the phone and then an email from the consulate changing the appointment date. We're going to print off the email but other than that we don't have anything else.

I hope we don't have any problems.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 7:51 am
Just Joined

JAMESON is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replys.Hey Sharo,I am sorry i didnt specify the visa type, I am a fiance visa applicant.Thank you very much for your detailed reply.. anyway my worries are over now..

Last edited by JAMESON; Nov 27th 2009 at 8:09 am.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice

I am waiting for my interview letter for a marriage based visa at the us embassy. I have my medical next week and mailed my checklist form about 2 weeks ago. We have sold our house and keen to relocate asap. Any ideas about how much longer I should give it to get my interview date, or if there is anything at all I can do to speed up the process?
Many thanks
Rachael
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:09 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachococo
Any ideas about how much longer I should give it to get my interview date, or if there is anything at all I can do to speed up the process?
Reports indicate that they usually will get back to you within 2-3 weeks with an interview a few weeks after that. Sadly, there's nothing you can do to speed up the process.

Ian
Old Nov 30th 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

rachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nicerachococo is just really nice

Hi, thanks for your response, I guess I'll give it until the end of the week before I call and keep my fingers crossed for a date beforeChristmas. Does anyone know how long the embassy is shut for xmas?
Many thanks
Racahel