IR1 Visa & i-864

Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IR1 Visa & i-864

Hello all,

My wife (USC) and I (UKC) are part way through our application via DCF London.

We have filed our i-130 and have received the NOA of its acceptance. Just awaiting the following NOA with our case number/instructions to proceed etc

I have been looking at the next stages to make sure I am preprepared, and I have a question regarding the i-864.

My wife is living in the UK and is my sponsor. She will be completing the i-864. Will she need to source and provide original copies of her tax returns and 1099 forms?

Also, on the same subject, we require a joint sponsor which will be my MIL (in Texas). When she completes her i-864, will she have to post her completed signed i-864 along with originals of her tax return, 1099, bank statements to us in the UK, as we are filing at London?

Are scanned copies acceptable?

As mentioned, I haven’t received the instructions yet, just researching online. Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Old Jan 16th 2020, 1:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR1 Visa & i-864

Copies are fine but the application itself must be the original with an original signature. One way of showing it is original is to have it signed with a blue ink pen. Instead of copies why not order tax transcripts from the IRS. Your MIL can do this not sure about your wife.
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:33 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, your wife should include US tax returns or tax transcripts.

The joint sponsor's I-864 should be an original. Supporting documents can be photocopies. Don't forget to have the joint sponsor include proof of US citizenship.

Rene
Old Jan 16th 2020, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does MIL have a spouse?
Old Jan 18th 2020, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, your wife should include US tax returns or tax transcripts.

The joint sponsor's I-864 should be an original. Supporting documents can be photocopies. Don't forget to have the joint sponsor include proof of US citizenship.

Rene
Thankyou, I will make sure to allow enough time for the i-864 to reach us in the UK.
Financial documents and the joint sponsors proof of US citizenship will be scanned and e-mailed over.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
Does MIL have a spouse?
Yes and they both individually qualify for the requirements of a joint sponsor.
How come?

Last edited by Palmer30; Jan 18th 2020 at 8:05 am.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some have suggested an I 864a in such circumstances and of course it impacts household size.
Old Jan 19th 2020, 4:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

An I-864a is only needed if one parent alone doesn't earn enough. I'm this case, they do.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Yes both of my inlaws qualify individually.

On the same subject, I received a letter today from London with my case number and instructions to proceed! Just under 10 days from NOA 1, thats quick!

Now... time to get to work!

Old Jan 23rd 2020, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Am I right in saying that the DS260 and the Affidavit of Support fees are payable to the London Embassy on the day of the visit?

Documentation mentions “Choose and Agent and pay fees” prior to completing DS-260.

Last edited by Palmer30; Jan 23rd 2020 at 8:48 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

talesof is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems like if you're DCF, a lot of the instructions don't apply. I don't believe there are Affidavit of Support fees for DCF filters.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by talesof
It seems like if you're DCF, a lot of the instructions don't apply. I don't believe there are Affidavit of Support fees for DCF filters.
For DCF in London the London Embassy instructions apply; https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...tion/overview/
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone filing via DCF London online having troubles submitting their financial documents?

I have completed and submitted my DS-260 and I have the printed the certificate with the barcode ready to take to the interview. Status is now completed and "ready".

I now need to submit my financial and civil documents as per the instructions in "Steps 4-6 - USCIS Website" and also on my confirmation letter, however when following the instructions and links provided, there is no physical place to submit when logged on my CEAC account?

I am clearly missing something?

Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic
For DCF in London the London Embassy instructions apply; https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...tion/overview/
Reading the link you posted and to add to my message above, it appears that I just go ahead and arrange the medical and take my I-864 along with all the supporting documents to my interview? There is no submission of documents online prior to the interview?

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/famil...ow-to-apply-2/

Should I be expecting to receive another letter with further instructions?