IR1 / POE

Old Aug 10th 2018, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IR1 / POE

Fingers crossed I will be getting an interview date in the next couple of weeks as we're nearly done at the NVC, my interview will be after my 2 year wedding anniversary (September 10th) when they take my passport will they automatically stamp it with an IR1 or do they do it at POE?
Old Aug 10th 2018, 8:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IR1 / POE

At the interview, gently mention that it's past your 2nd wedding anniversary, and you should get an IR-1 visa.

On the chance this gets overlooked and you get a CR-1, then gently mention it at the POE and you should be admitted as IR-1.

If it gets overlooked again, and you get a conditional 2- year green card in the mail, then you need to get USCIS to fix it (no charge to you).

Rene
Old Aug 10th 2018, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

BigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond reputeBigT103 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
At the interview, gently mention that it's past your 2nd wedding anniversary, and you should get an IR-1 visa.

On the chance this gets overlooked and you get a CR-1, then gently mention it at the POE and you should be admitted as IR-1.

If it gets overlooked again, and you get a conditional 2- year green card in the mail, then you need to get USCIS to fix it (no charge to you).

Rene
Many thanks Rene, you are a fountain of knowledge!
Old Aug 10th 2018, 10:09 am
Go Braves!

StuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond reputeStuBear65 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the same situation as you, my visa is annotated IR1 under the IV Category, my summary page on the CEAC website also showed my visa status as IR1
Old Aug 10th 2018, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by StuBear65
I was in the same situation as you, my visa is annotated IR1 under the IV Category, my summary page on the CEAC website also showed my visa status as IR1
I just logged on to CEAC and checked my summary page and it shows CR1... do you think that will automatically change after my two year anniversary?
Old Aug 10th 2018, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

leema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond reputeleema5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
I just logged on to CEAC and checked my summary page and it shows CR1... do you think that will automatically change after my two year anniversary?
I was able to get my passport stamped as IR-1 at POE. I showed them our marriage certificate to prove that I was 2 years married. When my green card arrived it still had the CR-1 classification. As Rene suggested previously, I contacted USCIS to have it corrected and have an appointment next week. This has been straightforward so far, if a little inconvenient.
Old Aug 10th 2018, 12:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigT103
I doubt it.

Rene