IR-1 vs CR-1

Old Sep 25th 2019, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IR-1 vs CR-1

Hello, myself (UKC) and my wife (USC) will be married two years in the next couple of months. We currently live in the UK.

I have been weighing up the option of filing the I-130 ASAP as it is completed and i’m aware of the changes that are coming into place soon, but I am wondering about the benefits between CR-1 and IR-1.

I am thinking that it would be better to wait until after our second anniversary, then file under IR-1. The long term benefits seem more favourable?

Apologies if this has been covered, had a search of the forum with no luck. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Palmer30; Sep 25th 2019 at 8:16 am.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Anrev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IR-1 vs CR-1

Hi
what changes?
Old Sep 25th 2019, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Palmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond reputePalmer30 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, the closure of the USCIS field office in London.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 11:28 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

If you can, I would wait. The benefit is basically getting to skip a whole application to USCIS (RoC) which is currently taking a good amount of time to process.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 12:29 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palmer30
Hello, myself (UKC) and my wife (USC) will be married two years in the next couple of months. We currently live in the UK.

I have been weighing up the option of filing the I-130 ASAP as it is completed and i’m aware of the changes that are coming into place soon, but I am wondering about the benefits between CR-1 and IR-1.

I am thinking that it would be better to wait until after our second anniversary, then file under IR-1. The long term benefits seem more favourable?

Apologies if this has been covered, had a search of the forum with no luck. Thanks guys.
Please note that the controlling dates to determine if the condition applied are 1) the date of the marriage and 2) the date of ADMISSION to permanent residence status. The second date happens at the end of the process.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 2:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You could file the I-130 now, but time the process so that you enter the USA after your second wedding anniversary. That way you will be admitted as an IR - 1.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2019, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Regarding applications to the UK field office (London)

I am just about to submit the I-130 docs package to the London field office by mail. Regarding payment, it suggests G-1450 should not be used in applications to a USCIS Field Office. However, it states in the instructions on the US Embassy website that this form should be used and placed on top of your application? Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Also, just wondering about the benefits of submitting online through the USCIS website against by post. I am edging towards post being the best option, although it probably doesn’t matter too much?