Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview to Visa in Hand? (IR1-CR-1)

Interview to Visa in Hand? (IR1-CR-1)

Old May 15th 2014, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

tigfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Interview to Visa in Hand? (IR1-CR-1)

Hi everyone! Just got our interview date for june

Trying to sort out how quickly my husband will be able to join me in the USA...anyone have any reliable timelines from interview date to visa packet in hand?

Thanks so much for the help!!
Old May 15th 2014, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview to Visa in Hand? (IR1-CR-1)

Originally Posted by tigfish
Hi everyone! Just got our interview date for june

Trying to sort out how quickly my husband will be able to join me in the USA...anyone have any reliable timelines from interview date to visa packet in hand?

Thanks so much for the help!!
Assuming no problems, the ConOff should tell him at the interview that they will be granting him his visa. In that case, they will retain his passport and he needs to arrange with the couriers, DX, who have a desk in the visa area, for delivery. Typically he should have his passport and Mysterious Brown-or-White Envelope back within a couple of weeks.
Old May 15th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rpjs
Assuming no problems, the ConOff should tell him at the interview that they will be granting him his visa. In that case, they will retain his passport and he needs to arrange with the couriers, DX, who have a desk in the visa area, for delivery. Typically he should have his passport and Mysterious Brown-or-White Envelope back within a couple of weeks.
Thanks for the response! Does it always take that long, really? Is there any express courier service?
Old May 15th 2014, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

richbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond reputerichbogle84 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tigfish,

My entire CR-1 journey through DCF is documented below with dates of the various milestones.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790299

Additionally, there are Timeline Only threads such as the one below, which should provide you with more than enough information about others interview - visa dates.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763941

All that said, I would strongly caution against making any travel plans, immigration arrangements etc prior to receiving the visa package in hand.

Rich.
Old May 15th 2014, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by richbogle84
Hi Tigfish,

My entire CR-1 journey through DCF is documented below with dates of the various milestones.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790299

Additionally, there are Timeline Only threads such as the one below, which should provide you with more than enough information about others interview - visa dates.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763941

All that said, I would strongly caution against making any travel plans, immigration arrangements etc prior to receiving the visa package in hand.

Rich.
Thanks Rich! This is so helpful...I hope we can make one of these sometime soon! We will refrain from making plans for sure...it's just the silly expensive summertime flight season!
Old May 15th 2014, 6:15 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tigfish
Does it always take that long, really?
No... sometimes it's only a few days. Most often though, it takes a week. Sometimes it takes two weeks... or longer!

Is there any express courier service?
Delivery from the courier usually only takes a day. If there's a delay, it's usually because they don't yet have the visa from the US Consular Service. So... no sense in an "express courier service" when they don't really have any control over when they get the visa.

Ian