Interview upcoming

Old Apr 5th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

JimBeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview upcoming

Hi. I'm sure this has been done to death, but I seem to be going round in circles of panic hoping I have everything set.

I have my Visa interview in a couple of weeks. I'm a UK citizen my wife is USC and we live in the UK currently.

Is this ALL I will be asked for.

Passport
Birth Certificate
Marriage License
Interview letter confirmation
3 x 50mm x 50mm Photographs
Police certificate
DS-230 Part II ready to sign
I-864 Affidavit of Support from my wife
I-864 Affidavit of Support from her Dad as a joint sponsor (USC & resident)
Her Dad's tax returns

I will also take a copy of all of the above plus some relationship evidence (photos etc)

Good to go. Right?

Thanks folks.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 9:57 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview upcoming

Originally Posted by JimBeam
Marriage License
You'll need the marriage certificate, not the marriage license. Perhaps that's what it's called in the UK and we're talking about the same thing.

Proof that her dad is a USC... a copy of his passport or US birth certificate?

You'll also need proof of your wife's intent to domicile in the US.

Ian
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You'll need the marriage certificate, not the marriage license. Perhaps that's what it's called in the UK and we're talking about the same thing.

Proof that her dad is a USC... a copy of his passport or US birth certificate?

You'll also need proof of your wife's intent to domicile in the US.

Ian
Yes. Sorry, I did mean marriage certificate.

And yes, I do have a copy of her father's birth certificate.

How would you prove my wife's intent to domicile in the US?
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Sorry, I did mean marriage certificate.
And yes, I do have a copy of her father's birth certificate.
Ah... all good then.

You'll need to show proof that she's making arrangements to close out her life in the UK and making arrangements to start up her life in the US. Things like valuations from an estate agent, a letter giving notice to leave her job, quotes from shipping companies... stuff like that. Also, house hunting in the US, copies of job applications, arrangements to get the kids into daycare or school (both, if applicable)... stuff like that.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to fill in the gaps... it's still quite early here in the US' eastern time zone.

Ian
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Ah... all good then.

You'll need to show proof that she's making arrangements to close out her life in the UK and making arrangements to start up her life in the US. Things like valuations from an estate agent, a letter giving notice to leave her job, quotes from shipping companies... stuff like that. Also, house hunting in the US, copies of job applications, arrangements to get the kids into daycare or school (both, if applicable)... stuff like that.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to fill in the gaps... it's still quite early here in the US' eastern time zone.

Ian
Thanks. Yeah, sorry for waking you up so early!

That makes sense, we can get together some of those documents.

Many thanks, looks like I should have everything set.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. I'm sure this has been done to death, but I seem to be going round in circles of panic hoping I have everything set.

I have my Visa interview in a couple of weeks. I'm a UK citizen my wife is USC and we live in the UK currently.

Is this ALL I will be asked for.

Passport
Birth Certificate
Marriage License
Interview letter confirmation
3 x 50mm x 50mm Photographs
Police certificate
DS-230 Part II ready to sign
I-864 Affidavit of Support from my wife
Her Dad's tax returns

I will also take a copy of all of the above plus some relationship evidence (photos etc)

Good to go. Right?

Thanks folks.
I hope you meant I-864A.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Michael
I hope you meant I-864A.
No I don't.

I should say, my wife has filled an I-864 as petitioner. Her Dad has filled an I-864 as the only joint sponsor.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

I hope you meant I-864A.
Why? The joint sponsor completes an I-864. An I-864A is only required if he's acting as a household member.

Ian
Old Apr 5th 2013, 1:58 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

See 9 FAM 40.41 Notes, N6

Regards, JEff

Old Apr 5th 2013, 2:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you meant I-864A.
No I don't.

I should say, my wife has filled an I-864 as petitioner. Her Dad has filled an I-864 as the only joint sponsor.
Why? The joint sponsor completes an I-864. An I-864A is only required if he's acting as a household member.

Ian
Jim,

If you are going to be living with your wife's father when you arrive in the USA, the ConOff *might* want to see a scenario where her father is a contributing household member, rather than a separate joint sponsor. You won't know until you go to the interview. Some people go in with these 2 scenarios prepared ahead of time; some go with one scenario and have to send things in later if the ConOff wants to see something different.

If you won't be living with her father, then it's a clear case of Joint Sponsor.

Rene
Old Apr 6th 2013, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
See 9 FAM 40.41 Notes, N6

Regards, JEff
Thank you
Old Apr 6th 2013, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Jim,

If you are going to be living with your wife's father when you arrive in the USA, the ConOff *might* want to see a scenario where her father is a contributing household member, rather than a separate joint sponsor. You won't know until you go to the interview. Some people go in with these 2 scenarios prepared ahead of time; some go with one scenario and have to send things in later if the ConOff wants to see something different.

If you won't be living with her father, then it's a clear case of Joint Sponsor.

Rene
I see. In reality we will move and stay with her parents for a couple of weeks before moving to our final destination. So I would think it should be all ok.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Carlisle401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question, do I need 3 photographs, I thought it was 2?

Jim
Old Apr 14th 2013, 8:22 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

It is 2
Old Apr 16th 2013, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Carlisle401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks civilservant, I thought it was 2. I have been for the medical and give one there. I had to get a new passport, Driving licence renewed and photos for Immigration. No doubt Boots thought I was becoming a model. NO CHANCE!

Thanks

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.