Wikiposts

Interview Tomorrow

Old Apr 6th 2014, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

namuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview Tomorrow

Hello All,

Finally, the day has arrived. I got my USA Immigration visa interview tomorrow at 8.30 AM in London.

Done all paperwork, can some expert please have a quick look that I am not forgetting anything important?

- Filled I-864 with supportive documents. My USC wife is my petitioner.
We are using our savings & assets (all together around 185k $) with documents showing those values. Already have advertised my house for sale so documents from Estate agent that its on sale and we are moving that money to states.
- Marriage certificate
- Police Clearance certificate (ACRO)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport & Photographs
- Confirmation of DS-260 submission & filled DS-260 as well just to be on safe side.
- 1 set of photocopy of each original document.
- All communication letters received so far from US embassy.
- Documentation which was given to me at the time of Medical interview.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks everyone for helping me so far on this and will update this post as soon as everything is finished tomorrow.

Thanks.
-Umang
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Tomorrow

Originally Posted by namuma
This looks pretty good... what about the fee for the courier? Also, there's a fee for production of the green card, but I'm not sure exactly when that gets paid. It's still early in the US, so hopefully someone more awake than I can help better!

Ian
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:30 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Finally, the day has arrived. I got my USA Immigration visa interview tomorrow at 8.30 AM in London.

Done all paperwork, can some expert please have a quick look that I am not forgetting anything important?

- Filled I-864 with supportive documents. My USC wife is my petitioner.
We are using our savings & assets (all together around 185k $) with documents showing those values. Already have advertised my house for sale so documents from Estate agent that its on sale and we are moving that money to states.
- Marriage certificate
- Police Clearance certificate (ACRO)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport & Photographs
- Confirmation of DS-260 submission & filled DS-260 as well just to be on safe side.
- 1 set of photocopy of each original document.
- All communication letters received so far from US embassy.
- Documentation which was given to me at the time of Medical interview.

Thanks everyone for helping me so far on this and will update this post as soon as everything is finished tomorrow.

Thanks.
-Umang
You're filing DCF aren't you? Is your wife still in the UK? If so she'll need to show intent to domicile - there's a good wiki on here that goes through how to demonstrate that
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Hello Ian
Thanks for the update.
Sorry forgot to add.. Fees are paid for courier and 2 copies of the confirmation made and in the file.
Sorry didn't get about fees for green card? Do I need to pay that here in London?? Please advice. Thanks.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry didn't get about fees for green card?
For the past year or so, you need to pay to have the actual card produced - $165. There's more info here.

Do I need to pay that here in London?
I'm not sure - but hopefully someone else will know.

Ian
Old Apr 7th 2014, 12:35 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Ian
Thanks for the update.
Sorry forgot to add.. Fees are paid for courier and 2 copies of the confirmation made and in the file.
Sorry didn't get about fees for green card? Do I need to pay that here in London?? Please advice. Thanks.
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...urces/F4en.pdf

Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:29 pm
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough

How did you get on?
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hello All,
It all went really smoothly. in fact no issue at all.
I was so nervous as everyone would be prior to this but truly speaking there is nothing to be nervous about.
I reached to embassy around 7.15 (my interview time was 8.30 AM) with my wife n son (both USC). and as usual their name wasn't on the list to come in with me (even though I did put their name while filing readiness of interview).
As soon as we went it got our reference number for the day.
Around 7.45 my number was called for submission of documents on the window. So I went to the requested window and lady on the window greeted with great smile and good morning so I did the same. then she asked me few originals and few photocopies of documents (birth certificate, Marriage certificate and i-864 and supportive documents and 2 photos etc) I gave that and paid fees ($230) then she asked me have a seat again and wait till I get call for interview.
I was expecting an interview in a closed room with me and the interviewer. but that wasn't the case.
Finally my number got display on the screen with window number and I went there with my wife and son. i was bit surprised that it was the same window as I submitted the documents. there were two guys on the window and they greeted me smile and good morning and I did the same.
They asked me how do I pronounce my surname (as its indian name) so I pronounced it and he smiled and said he thought so too.
Then he asked me how did me n my wife met. so I answered that precisely that we met online. then he asked where did we get married and when. then he asked why do I want to move to USA. so I said we would like to live close to family and its better country for work and making money and he laughed.
Then he flick through my documents and he said I am missing my ACRO (police clearance certificate) from India. and I replied that I am living in the UK for last 10 years and I got one from UK police but then he said if you have lived in any country for more than 6 months since you are 16 you need to obtain one from each country. So I said ok what do I need to do in that case once I obtain the PCC. He replied all your documents and i-864 looks perfect so there is no issue.Also I must mention here that I have extended the date on which we would like to move to USA and that date is after 6 months of my medical. I have already got my medical rebooked on 22nd April. I did mention this to officer on window so he said that's not a problem at all. He said you go and obtain your PCC from indian police and we will wait for your medical results and then he gave me a blue letter which said they are waiting for these 2 letter (medical results & PCC). He also said that best thing to do is if I receive my PCC before 22nd then wait till 27th April and then send that blue letter with PCC and my passport back to embassy via DX courier and they will stamp the visa in my passport.
So pretty much couple of questions and that's it. now I have already applied for my PCC at Indian high commission London yesterday and will have to wait for around 3 weeks and by the time I will have finished my medical too and then I will send over my passport with relevant missing documents and they will stamp it and I am good to go.

I would like to thanks everyone who helped me throughout this process. I know your each n every answer has helped me a lot.

I will try to help others on this forum now from my experience.

Thanks.
Umang
Old Apr 9th 2014, 6:12 am
2+2=5

GarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the roughGarethB789 is a jewel in the rough

Hello All,
It all went really smoothly. in fact no issue at all.
I was so nervous as everyone would be prior to this but truly speaking there is nothing to be nervous about.
I reached to embassy around 7.15 (my interview time was 8.30 AM) with my wife n son (both USC). and as usual their name wasn't on the list to come in with me (even though I did put their name while filing readiness of interview).
As soon as we went it got our reference number for the day.
Around 7.45 my number was called for submission of documents on the window. So I went to the requested window and lady on the window greeted with great smile and good morning so I did the same. then she asked me few originals and few photocopies of documents (birth certificate, Marriage certificate and i-864 and supportive documents and 2 photos etc) I gave that and paid fees ($230) then she asked me have a seat again and wait till I get call for interview.
I was expecting an interview in a closed room with me and the interviewer. but that wasn't the case.
Finally my number got display on the screen with window number and I went there with my wife and son. i was bit surprised that it was the same window as I submitted the documents. there were two guys on the window and they greeted me smile and good morning and I did the same.
They asked me how do I pronounce my surname (as its indian name) so I pronounced it and he smiled and said he thought so too.
Then he asked me how did me n my wife met. so I answered that precisely that we met online. then he asked where did we get married and when. then he asked why do I want to move to USA. so I said we would like to live close to family and its better country for work and making money and he laughed.
Then he flick through my documents and he said I am missing my ACRO (police clearance certificate) from India. and I replied that I am living in the UK for last 10 years and I got one from UK police but then he said if you have lived in any country for more than 6 months since you are 16 you need to obtain one from each country. So I said ok what do I need to do in that case once I obtain the PCC. He replied all your documents and i-864 looks perfect so there is no issue.Also I must mention here that I have extended the date on which we would like to move to USA and that date is after 6 months of my medical. I have already got my medical rebooked on 22nd April. I did mention this to officer on window so he said that's not a problem at all. He said you go and obtain your PCC from indian police and we will wait for your medical results and then he gave me a blue letter which said they are waiting for these 2 letter (medical results & PCC). He also said that best thing to do is if I receive my PCC before 22nd then wait till 27th April and then send that blue letter with PCC and my passport back to embassy via DX courier and they will stamp the visa in my passport.
So pretty much couple of questions and that's it. now I have already applied for my PCC at Indian high commission London yesterday and will have to wait for around 3 weeks and by the time I will have finished my medical too and then I will send over my passport with relevant missing documents and they will stamp it and I am good to go.

I would like to thanks everyone who helped me throughout this process. I know your each n every answer has helped me a lot.

I will try to help others on this forum now from my experience.

Thanks.
Umang
Congratulations!
Old Apr 9th 2014, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

thanks.