Wikiposts

Interview Tomorrow!!

Old May 28th 2008, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

dingdangdoo will become famous soon enough
Default Interview Tomorrow!!

Well, everything seems to be moving rather quickly after I accepted my transfer position in the US one month ago.... Embassy appointment at London is tomorrow!

I'm very sure I have everything in place - my company has a blanket petition which I believe has sped up the process for my L1-B VISA.

Just one quick question, was there anything else anybody else took as well as the 'official' documents? So far, I have:
DS156 (Including US-Style photos )
DS157
Petition docs from lawyers including I129 etc
MRV Appointment Confirmation
MRV Application fee receipt
Passport

Extras:
Payslips
Resume / CV
Degree Transcripts
The original offer letter (although the immigration dept at my company didn't tell me to take this?! But I'm taking a copy just in case - your thoughts?)
A book to read

Am I missing anything useful here?
Old May 28th 2008, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview Tomorrow!!

Bring a good book, you could be there a while..
Old May 29th 2008, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Off2NYC is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are on a blanket then you need to pay $500 (think thats right) for the anti fraud fee.
Old May 29th 2008, 6:03 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Old May 29th 2008, 6:32 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

whilst you can buy basic drink and snack there - might be worth sticking a can or bottle and a snack in your bag. dont forget to take out your mobile and electronic car key fob unless you want to store them at the security station.
Old May 29th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck
Old May 31st 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the support - all went smoothly yesterday and I should be getting my passport back within a few days!! Woohoo!

No surprises after reading through all the threads on here - however they had some issues with security in the morning and so were WAY behind schedule. I got there at 9:30am for a 10:00 appointment, the queue was HUGE outside the gates and I was told to come back at 10:30..... so relaxed in Starbucks for a bit before trying again. I was pretty close to the front of the 10:00 'bunch', but there was still a serious amount of waiting left.....

Inside the embassy, it was packed. There weren't any seats left in the room! Having a book definitely helped

The interview was ok - first question was simply 'Why can't an american citizen do your job?'. No problem with that really due to the nature of my position.

I finally got out just after 2pm!

Thanks for the advice anyway, not only in the threads I have started myself, but also all the historical information which has been so useful!!!
Old May 31st 2008, 4:54 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear it went fine! did you need any of the extra docs in the end?
Old May 31st 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by dingdangdoo

The interview was ok - first question was simply 'Why can't an american citizen do your job?'. No problem with that really due to the nature of my position.
That's interesting. I actually asked my US attorney what would happen if I get asked that question. He said is it completely inappropriate for them to ask that question to someone on an L1. Good job I have my answer prepared!

How long did they say it would take to get your passport back? Website says 3 days plus postage.
Old May 31st 2008, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MsElui
glad to hear it went fine! did you need any of the extra docs in the end?
None of the extra documents were needed at all - just all the standard forms, and my petition documents. Always better to be prepared though I feel.

They said I should get my passport back on wednesday, possibly tuesday. Note you have to be able to sign for it in person, or show ID. You can also leave ID with someone else to collect on your behalf.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 12:25 am
Just Joined

shuv78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my interview in a few weeks and am really scared. Now I have read yours and other people's I think I need to prepare for the questions more!

How long from your interview to getting the passport back in your hand did it take?

Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:36 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

in october - interview weds pm - passport back in hand friday am.