Interview in Nigeria Embassy

Wikiposts

Interview in Nigeria Embassy

Old Feb 1st 2004, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview in Nigeria Embassy

Hi everyone,

I am happy to report that after two emails,the embassy in Lagos was able to reply. We now have interview date set for April 16th!!!!

Please does anyone have idea of a cheaper airfare tio Lagos? I plan to vist him during the interview period whether or not I will be allowed inside.

Also, my fiance just informed me that his hotmail box has developed a problem,all his emails to me and received have vanished. He seem very upset about this server. Anyone have suggestion of what we can do?

Will my own copies received and sent from him be okay for the interview?
Old Feb 1st 2004, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

DaGeek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview in Nigeria Embassy

Hello:

The first thing your fiance should do is go to the consulate with a print-out of the email you received from them (the one that states the interview date) and a copy of your NOA2. His mission is to get them to give him an "official" packet 3/packet4 which wil contain details about obtaining police/medical reports. He needs to take care of all these items before the date of the interview. Additionally, his letter of invitation (printed on the consulate's stationery and letterhead) wil be a part of the aforementioned packets. They may not let him in on the date of the interview if he fails to present these items.

As for the emails, it doesn't really matter whose copies get printed. So long as the emails document your relationship, they'll do. It's a good thing that you are planning to be in Lagos. That will be a big plus for you! Afterall, if the consular officer (Con-Off)starts giving him a tough time about the genuine-ness of your relationship and all that stuff, he can say confidently that you're outside willing and able to address all their concerns
Anyway, you people should be over-prepared. Get al kinds of documents, letters, etc. Anything you can think of that establishes beyond any reasonable doubt that he's not just using you to get to the U.S. Talk to him . . . has he ever applied for a U.S. visa before? Does he have anything in his pas that could reflect negatively on his application? Remember this: although the BCIS has approved your petition, it's still up to him to convince the Con-Off that he should be issued a visa.

On flights to Nigeria, shop around for deals. I flew on KLM/Northwest when I went last October. On the whole, it was a good experience (apart from the long lay-over in Amsterdam on the return trip). On the day of the interview, take a good book along with you. You'll have a good 3 or more hours wait before he 'comes out' of the place.

Best of luck.

DaGeek

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Hi everyone,

I am happy to report that after two emails,the embassy in Lagos was able to reply. We now have interview date set for April 16th!!!!

Please does anyone have idea of a cheaper airfare tio Lagos? I plan to vist him during the interview period whether or not I will be allowed inside.

Also, my fiance just informed me that his hotmail box has developed a problem,all his emails to me and received have vanished. He seem very upset about this server. Anyone have suggestion of what we can do?

Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

ruthann1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Oh I'm so happy for you so sad for me... Our application hasn't even reached lagos yet and you have to wait until APRIL??? that is so discouraging... I can't wait to hear how things go... I was planning to fly down myself for sunnys interview.. try economytravel.com they had the best rates when I flew...

Ruthann
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ruthann1212
Oh I'm so happy for you so sad for me... Our application hasn't even reached lagos yet and you have to wait until APRIL??? that is so discouraging... I can't wait to hear how things go... I was planning to fly down myself for sunnys interview.. try economytravel.com they had the best rates when I flew...

Ruthann
Hallo Dageek,Ruthan and Jeff!!!

I want to use this opportunity to thank you all for your responses. I am indeed very grateful. Greetings to your families.

Yes Dageek, I had a chat on phone with my fiance last night regarding anything in his past that could be a pitfall. He told me that he is worried about question #31 on the DS-156.

He said in 1998, he got an Invitation letter from his club; Rotary International to attend that year`s Annual Convention in the US. he went to the embassy with this invitation,his passport,letter from his emlpoyer and completed the appropriate forms.

But when it got to his turn, hardly did the consular finished reading his papers that pushed everything back to him,saying " I am not sure you gonna come back". That he was not given the chance to prove that he was not going to remain in the US neither did he go back again.

So the question now is,what will be the consequence of a "YES or "NO" answer to the question #31 on DS-156?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

desertguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not to sure what question 31 says, cant remember but I dont see you having a problem. My fiance was denied a student visa on the same grounds, they suspected she might not come back. I dont remember how the question reads but if it asks have you ever been denied a visa I would check "yes" but also if it asked have you ever been denied entry I would check "no". My fiance was denied a student visa but years later she was granted a K1 Visa no problems.

I want to use this opportunity to thank you all for your responses. I am indeed very grateful. Greetings to your families.

Yes Dageek, I had a chat on phone with my fiance last night regarding anything in his past that could be a pitfall. He told me that he is worried about question #31 on the DS-156.

He said in 1998, he got an Invitation letter from his club; Rotary International to attend that year`s Annual Convention in the US. he went to the embassy with this invitation,his passport,letter from his emlpoyer and completed the appropriate forms.

But when it got to his turn, hardly did the consular finished reading his papers that pushed everything back to him,saying " I am not sure you gonna come back". That he was not given the chance to prove that he was not going to remain in the US neither did he go back again.

So the question now is,what will be the consequence of a "YES or "NO" answer to the question #31 on DS-156?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

He should simply tell the truth (i.e. that he's applied for a visa before and that it was refused). and be ready to explain to the Con-Off, if asked. If they don't ask, then he keeps his mouth shut and just checks the "yes" box in response to that question. I think it's instructive that they thought he wasn't going to return(to Nigeria) back then. Well, this is no longer an issue since he's coming to the U.S. to stay this time around. That is, he no longer has to prove that he'l be returning to Nigeria. Don't sweat it.

Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

JeffB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
your copies of the letters sent and recieve should do. remi didn't keep all of our letters but I did, and that was mainly what we used . Get as many pictures as possible, label them, i.e our first kiss, first time we met etc. It sorts of make you look more organised than the average applicant. And that is a good thing
goodluck
JeffB

Hi everyone,

Old Feb 16th 2004, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

New Passport ?

Does anyone think he needs a new passport for his interview? His passport expires in Sept while he has interview in April ?
Old Feb 16th 2004, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

New Passport ?

Does anyone think he needs a new passport for his interview? His passport expires in Sept while he has interview in April ?

He probably doesn't need it for the interview, but picture trying to get it renewed after he gets here. I would try to get a fresh passport before the interview, if possible.
Old Feb 16th 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

That sholdn't be a problem . . . as long as he takes the old passport along to the interview (they'll typically ask for all passports that he's ever had). If he fails to do this, they may conclude that he's got something in the old passport that he's trying to hide. So, you should weigh the pros and cons before going for a new passport right away.

DG
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

nkem4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all on this great board. I've been following the replies and concerns here and have one of my own. I am inquiring from the US, am a female and my fiance has an interview in a few months. I have read that males get treated a bit different, maybe harsh than females on these interviews. Is there any truth to this?
if anyone here has a male fiance whose gone thru, or knows of a male who has pass thru the Lagos embassy successfully pleas i'd like some feedback.

We are preparing the final things for his interview and i will fly over to be with him as well. i'm just wondering what others have experience. also i'd like to know what's the dffernce between K3 interview questions and K1 questions if at all.

thanks to all of you.