Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview/London/health

Wikiposts

Interview/London/health

Old Mar 23rd 2002, 3:35 pm
Synchro1212

Default Interview/London/health

My fiance is a wreck. His interview for K-1 is Apr 3, and he had a heart attack 6
years ago. Had surgery, no more problems, and has worked steady ever since. He is
worried the consulate may think of him as a risk and not approve visa. Any thing he
should really be concerned about or can he breathe and stop worrying?

Holly

Old Mar 24th 2002, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

BestGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview/London/health

Alvena posted this in Richard1972's thread after your post. I assume you didn't see it, so I am quoting her here:

I kindly suggest that when he goes to the medical exam, he bring along a letter from
his doctor, stating that he is doing fine, able to work, and that everything is under
control. That is what my husband had to bring for his high blood pressure. Alvena

I haven't been thru the process, but from what I have read, I agree. My sweetheart has a congenital condition that can be quite serious, but in his case, was not. It worried him, though, so we have read quite a lot about the medical exam and requirements. Alvena's post hits the nail on the head: What the INS cares about is your ability to work. If your fiance's health is pretty stable at this point, he should be fine.

Tell him to stop worrying; that can't help his blood pressure. As for not breathing, that is even worse.
Old Mar 24th 2002, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

Richard1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went for the medical on Thursday and have been very worried about it since we started the process. I must have read every posting ever sent about the medical 100 times over but it still never put me at ease. I have had some serious health problems in the past, I don't really want to post wjat they were on here but would be happy to e-mail you about them. Well to cut a long story short after filling in the medical questionarrie and puttting details of my operations on the back of the sheet the doctor read them and did not even mention them, nothing, just did the test and that was it.
Even after the medical I was still worried about the fact the doctor never questioned me about they medical past. But got the visa. As long as you man is working and if fit now he will be fine.

Good luck

Rich
Old Mar 24th 2002, 12:05 pm
Marie

no problem......they wouldnt grant him a visa if he had a SERIOUS disease like AIDS
or something contagious....

I even read about that one guy who told the Dr before the interview about his heart
problems and the Dr saidno problem and that in the US he would find better
medicine...

maybe that was a nice doctor but really I think your fiance shouldnt worry!

Old Mar 25th 2002, 4:02 pm
Synchro1212

Thanks so much for the post on health. He is working and has not missed work for
anything to do with his heart. No complications since his surgery 6 years ago. Feel
much better. Thanks again

Holly

Old Mar 26th 2002, 5:33 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Synchro1212 wrote:
    > My fiance is a wreck. His interview for K-1 is Apr 3, and he had a heart attack 6
    > years ago. Had surgery, no more problems, and has worked steady ever since. He is
    > worried the consulate may think of him as a risk and not approve visa. Any thing he
    > should really be concerned about or can he breathe and stop worrying?
    >
He should be fine. He should bring a letter from his doctor to the medical exam,
stating that he is fine and under treatment with no complications, and that he is
able to work. Alvena

See the Doc Steen site here:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm I am not a lawyer, and this
is not immigration advice. The information I provide is mostly gleaned from old
newsgroup posts and visa links on the internet. If you want or need a lawyer, go to:
http://www.aila.org