Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview letter from deportation officer

Wikiposts

Interview letter from deportation officer

Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview letter from deportation officer

Originally Posted by makidesuu
I just wanted to update my interview for those who have read my post.

So, I finally contacted several lawyers and decided to go there without them.

I went to the interview with my husband only.

When I got there, there were some people who came with their travel bags. It looked like they were ready to get deported. It really made me nervous.

After 10 min waiting, the officer called my name and went to his desk. It was not interview room. It was just a whole office and he was working at one of the desk.

He asked me what was going on my case and why I got an interview notice from them. I explained my situation and he said my file was sent to this department by mistake and there was nothing he could do. His supervisor came and asked me if they can copy my new I485 receipt and I130approved document. Then, he said to us he hope he was not going to see me again here and laughed.

I felt so much relieved on my way home.

Thank you very much for your advice. I could find a good lawyer too.
Thanks maki for an update, great way to start the new year relieved.

A epitome for confusion. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Maki, on a good note; now the ICE acknowledges the aspects of your case first hand.

Last edited by lostlove; Jan 5th 2010 at 12:30 am.