Reload this Page >

Interview letter from deportation officer

Wikiposts

Interview letter from deportation officer

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

makidesuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview letter from deportation officer

My case is very complicated, so I just put my previous thread here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=I-751+denied

I filed new I-485 and received receipt for I-485 and also Interview notice letter from deportation office at U.S immigration and customs enforcement in different envelope. It shows the date and hour for the interview (just come to the office between 8am to 3pm). The reason for appointment shows interview and case review and it does not say I have to come with my husband.

I thought I was going to receive deportation order and see the immigration judge after I-751 denial letter. I am confused. What is this letter and interview about?? By the way, I forgot to mention in the previous thread that there was no interview for me before received I-751 denial letter.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:11 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview letter from deportation officer

Originally Posted by makidesuu
What is this letter and interview about?
You've already answered your own question... "The reason for appointment shows interview and case review".

Ian
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:30 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I filed new I-485 and received receipt for I-485 and also Interview notice letter from deportation office at U.S immigration and customs enforcement in different envelope. It shows the date and hour for the interview (just come to the office between 8am to 3pm). The reason for appointment shows interview and case review and it does not say I have to come with my husband.

I thought I was going to receive deportation order and see the immigration judge after I-751 denial letter. I am confused. What is this letter and interview about?? By the way, I forgot to mention in the previous thread that there was no interview for me before received I-751 denial letter.
Why are you confused? You did not receive a letter for your AOS interview. You received a letter from the deportation office. You will be going to see them to discuss your case. It might be that they are fully aware that you have filed a new adjustment of status petition and need to discuss what is to be done.

I would NOT go alone. Bring your attorney and bring your husband. Good luck.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You've already answered your own question... "The reason for appointment shows interview and case review".

Ian
Maki:

I think that this ICE interview is a unique opportunity for you and your counselor to unscramble and find out more about your case. And for the ICE its an effort to get to the truth, this is a part of their investigations.

You will know whats going on first hand, and the kinds of relief available.

Do not miss the interview, and take your counselor.

Do not worry, stay positive and remember that interviews and case reviews are better than denials.

Good Luck.

PS. Ian and Rete have answered your question well.

Last edited by lostlove; Dec 4th 2009 at 2:35 am. Reason: remembered rete and Ian.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

thank you very much for your answers!

I was kinda surprised because there are three different envelops in the mail box. 2 envelops (I-485 amd work authorization receipts)were from CIS. Then, one (kind of unofficial letter) from Cutom enforcement which I have never seen before.

Should I go there with my lawyer? or just my husband? It will cost $1000...

Also, should I bring any affidavits for that interview even if there is no mention about bringing support documents in the letter?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:31 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Two of us already said to bring an attorney and your husband. To me, I would bring the attorney. I would also bring everything I have sent in to the USCIS and that includes all my evidence.

Yours is a very special case and we can only say what we would do to be prepared for the inteview. What affidavits do you have and why?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:50 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

How much is it worth to you to be able to remain in this country? Or put another way, how much will it cost if you get removed?

Having a lawyer with you won't guarantee that you will be successful, but it sure will improve your chances.

Regards, JEff

Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

My case is very complicated, so I just put my previous thread here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=I-751+denied

make sure you pack your toothbrush with u
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond reputelostlove has a reputation beyond repute

thank you very much for your answers!

I was kinda surprised because there are three different envelops in the mail box. 2 envelops (I-485 amd work authorization receipts)were from CIS. Then, one (kind of unofficial letter) from Cutom enforcement which I have never seen before.
The first 2 envelopes come by default, don't be surprised. The ICE interview letter is surprising in a pleasant way. Normally a removal comes after the denial.

Go with both. Husband comes for free , if you need a lower priced lawyer shop around your DO. Make sure the counselor prepares you for the interview.

Also, should I bring any affidavits for that interview even if there is no mention about bringing support documents in the letter?
Any reason why you emphasize on affidavits?
Like Rete said, bring all the evidence that proves good faith marriage. They are looking for comprehensive evidence not just affidavits.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should definetly take a lawyer given your case history and given your personal history of getting confused easily. I'm not saying this in a mean way. Just that if a person is not clear about options and what can should could happen and how, and you are not clear, it means that person needs a lawyer. And if my memory is right, one of the lawyers you used before didn't know too well what they were doing based on feedback Mr. Folinsky had given. So make sure you take the one that you trust and not the one whose advice Mr. Folinsky had said doesn't make sense.

And obviously, take everything you possibly can take. You won't give it unless the officer asks or says it is needed or your lawyer puts it forward as and if needed. It won't hurt and maybe it'll be useful.

Last edited by jmood; Dec 4th 2009 at 10:14 am.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Thank you very much for all of your advice. I really appreciate all of them.

Does anyone know good lawyer in CA? I forgot the name of lawyer association someone mentioned before. It was like LMA, ALA, or something like 3 alphabets. I tried to visit 5 lawyers in my area under this association and found one I like before, but forgot the association name..
Old Dec 4th 2009, 11:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much for all of your advice. I really appreciate all of them.

Does anyone know good lawyer in CA? I forgot the name of lawyer association someone mentioned before. It was like LMA, ALA, or something like 3 alphabets. I tried to visit 5 lawyers in my area under this association and found one I like before, but forgot the association name..
AILA.

www.ailalawyer.com

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Merci, Noorah
Old Dec 4th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone know good lawyer in CA?
www.superlawyers.com

www.ailialawyer.com

CA...two names that come to my mind. Karl Shusterman and Mr Folinsky.

Do your research well before retaining one.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

I just wanted to update my interview for those who have read my post.

So, I finally contacted several lawyers and decided to go there without them.

I went to the interview with my husband only.

When I got there, there were some people who came with their travel bags. It looked like they were ready to get deported. It really made me nervous.

After 10 min waiting, the officer called my name and went to his desk. It was not interview room. It was just a whole office and he was working at one of the desk.

He asked me what was going on my case and why I got an interview notice from them. I explained my situation and he said my file was sent to this department by mistake and there was nothing he could do. His supervisor came and asked me if they can copy my new I485 receipt and I130approved document. Then, he said to us he hope he was not going to see me again here and laughed.

I felt so much relieved on my way home.

Thank you very much for your advice. I could find a good lawyer too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.