Wikiposts

Interview & I864

Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

namuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview & I864

Thanks a lot BunnyGirl. Not sure what's wrong with my internet browser or my search technique. All this never came up in my search results. Thanks a lot. I have submitted my query to US embassy now.Waiting for reply.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 12:13 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namuma
I am getting any correct email address or mailing address where I can write to them and ask for correct information.
With respect, if you are hoping to get correct information, you should not contact them. They are not there to help you!

Ian
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Hello all,
Little bit more confusion created after contacting US Embassy London.
I emailed embassy contact about delaying my interview and my medical, Embassy contact did help me with reply saying I have to redo my medical and let embassy know about it. But they also mentioned that they have not received any documentation from me till date apart from my medical results.
Now my question here is after submitting DS-260 online (in mid Jan) do I need to print the confirmation and send it to embassy with related/supporting documents prior to submitting my readiness of interview?
Second question is about I-864 - As mentioned earlier we are going to use our property here in the UK as an asset to put on our I-864. My wife is not working in the UK since nearly 2 years (she was working before that) so do I need to file any of her UK income's tax to US income tax department or IRS ?
Please advice.
Thanks.
-Umang
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't surprise me. Re-read Ian's post, above.

Second question is about I-864 - As mentioned earlier we are going to use our property here in the UK as an asset to put on our I-864. My wife is not working in the UK since nearly 2 years (she was working before that) so do I need to file any of her UK income's tax to US income tax department or IRS ?
YOU don't need to do anything about her US tax returns, no. SHE might have to. When she was working, if she was earning enough to warrant filing a tax return, she should have been filing US tax returns for those years. The 2 years she was not working, if she didn't have any income coming from any other sources, then she doesn't need to file US tax returns for those years.

Rene
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:30 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
I emailed embassy contact about delaying my interview and my medical, Embassy contact did help me with reply saying I have to redo my medical and let embassy know about it. But they also mentioned that they have not received any documentation from me till date apart from my medical results.
Now my question here is after submitting DS-260 online (in mid Jan) do I need to print the confirmation and send it to embassy with related/supporting documents prior to submitting my readiness of interview?
Please advice.
Thanks.
-Umang
The Embassy won't start processing anything until you've sent your readiness form in. Ignore what they told you on the phone but make sure that you've definitely submitted both your DS260 and your Notification of Readiness.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi Noorah.
Thanks for the quick reply,
Yes, I won't do anything but my wife (UCS) will have to file her tax returns. which she never did. do you think we file it still and get documents in time?
is that a time consuming process?
Please advice.

and yes you and Ian are right, US embassy never gives clear answers and their answers create more confusions. Hardly you can find any useful information on their websites. I am so obliged to BE & you guys though.

Thanks.
-Umang
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Hello BunnyGirl,
thanks for the info. So apart from submitting DS-260 online (without any documents) and sending Readiness for interview (I guess that is online too now),I do not need to send anything to embassy, is that correct?
I will have to go to interview (once I receive interview date) with all documents.
Please advice.
Thanks.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:42 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello BunnyGirl,
thanks for the info. So apart from submitting DS-260 online (without any documents) and sending Readiness for interview (I guess that is online too now),I do not need to send anything to embassy, is that correct?
I will have to go to interview (once I receive interview date) with all documents.
Please advice.
Thanks.
Sorry, I forget, are you filing DCF? If so then yes, you take all your documents (originals plus photocopies) with you to the interview.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I won't do anything but my wife (UCS) will have to file her tax returns. which she never did. do you think we file it still and get documents in time?
is that a time consuming process?
Please advice.
Well, for the I-864, she only needs to submit her most recent US tax return. So if she hasn't been working in 2013 and 2012, I guess she really only needs to file for year 2011, as that would be her most recent one.

How time-consuming it is, depends on the complexity of the return. There is an IRS Department at the US Embassy in London, and I've heard they are very helpful when it comes to assisting USC's file US tax returns from the UK. She might want to contact them.

Once she gets that filed, she only needs to include a photocopy of the entire return that she sent to IRS (you don't have to wait to get any feedback from IRS).

Rene
Old Mar 6th 2014, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Sorry, I forget, are you filing DCF? If so then yes, you take all your documents (originals plus photocopies) with you to the interview.
Yes I have submitted my file in US embassy London. so I am filing DCF yes.
Thanks.
-Umang
Old Mar 6th 2014, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Oh my god...
The pdf file on the link below confuses me bit more
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un..._checklist.pdf

in the second last para of this document it says
"***Although the medical exam is valid for
one year
, x-rays and lab tests have limited validity. If your medical exam expires on or before your
interview, you must undergo a modified medical exam to update your results. "

I was advised that it is valid of 6 months only.
This document was updated in Oct 2013. now I am not sure whom to believe?
Please advice.
Thanks.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 3:15 am
Hoppity hop...

Oh my god...
The pdf file on the link below confuses me bit more
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/un..._checklist.pdf

in the second last para of this document it says
"***Although the medical exam is valid for
one year
, x-rays and lab tests have limited validity. If your medical exam expires on or before your
interview, you must undergo a modified medical exam to update your results. "

I was advised that it is valid of 6 months only.
This document was updated in Oct 2013. now I am not sure whom to believe?
Please advice.
Thanks.
Why oh my God? The information is correct. Whilst the medical is valid for 12 months, the x-ray is only valid for 6 months. This is why the visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of the medical.
Old Mar 6th 2014, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
Why oh my God? The information is correct. Whilst the medical is valid for 12 months, the x-ray is only valid for 6 months. This is why the visa is only valid for 6 months from the date of the medical.
So basically for X-ray only I will have to redo my medical if I my process is delayed?
Old Mar 6th 2014, 3:23 am
Hoppity hop...

So basically for X-ray only I will have to redo my medical if I my process is delayed?
Re-read #13 - I've only seen one person on here do that. If you KNOW that you won't be able to use your visa before your medical expires, then it might be best for you to redo your medical close to your interview date. But you will need to speak to both Knightsbridge and the Embassy as I really don't know what the process is.