How to fill out I-693

Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

BE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to fill out I-693

Hi, Arrived in US on a K1 visa last month and am sorting AOS paperwork.

My questions is regarding the I-693 and how to fill it out.

The instructions explicitly state:

"Only complete Part 1. of Form I-693 and the identifying information at the top of each page. The civil surgeon and any
other doctors, clinics, or health departments that you are referred to will complete the remaining parts of Form I-693."
Now, this makes no sense because Part 2. of the form is actually addressed to me and requires my signature.

It almost feels like when the instructions say "Part 1" what they mean is "Parts 1,2 & 3" of the form?

On the form itself, next to Part 1 it says, "To be completed by the applicant". Its only when you get to Part 4 does it say, "To be completed by the civil surgeon"

Anyone dealt with this prior, seems like the instructions were written without the form to hand?

EDIT:

This contradicts the instructions a fair bit...

Last edited by BE005; Nov 9th 2017 at 4:40 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

BE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond reputeBE005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to fill out I-693

Think I've figured this out actually.

I found this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/helpscout.n.../I-693-(1).pdf

It appears that the I-693 form has now been updated, but the instructions have not been fully updated as it seems not be aligned fully with the new form.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 5:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprising. In all the years of participating here, I've never heard of anyone questioning how to complete their portion of the I-693. Just be sure that you take it to an USCIS approved doctor for completion before submitting it with your AOS.
Old Nov 9th 2017, 6:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The civil surgeon should have Form I-693 already, and fills in his portion at the exam. If you need to fill out or sign something, he will show you where on the form. You don't have to fill out or bring anything with you to your appointment except the proof of having vaccinations done.

Rene