Reload this Page >

Interview at Embassy question

Interview at Embassy question

Old Oct 14th 2020, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Gixxerboy_999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview at Embassy question

Hi,

I've had my medical and am about to book my interview at the London Embassy, anyone had any recent experience just wondering what I should expect?
Also if I am successful (my wife is american and our support from her family the I864 more than meets all the criteria necessary so I'm feeling positive) do you know if it is possible to delay going if you have been accepted? I know the medical is only valid for 6 months the reason i ask is my uncle is terminally ill and I'm thinking potentially I may want to delay travelling to the US.

So the scenario I want to understand is if the Medical is approved and valid from 14th October through April 14th 2021 can i get another medical completed in May 2021 and travel in June/July?
Old Oct 14th 2020, 12:47 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview at Embassy question

Why bother? Just travel to the US to activate the visa, then return to the UK on the next flight.

Much easier than messing around with getting a visa reissued!
Old Oct 14th 2020, 2:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, don't postpone going to the USA. Go there before the visa expires. You can come back to the UK for a few months if needed after that.

Just wanted to ask, though... you mention your wife's family's I-864 as joint sponsor, but want to make sure your wife has completed her I-864 as well. She is your sponsor even if she doesn't qualify financially.

Rene
Old Oct 15th 2020, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Gixxerboy_999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks for the clarification

Yes my wife has also completed an I-864.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

os306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond reputeos306 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101 View Post
I agree, don't postpone going to the USA. Go there before the visa expires. You can come back to the UK for a few months if needed after that.

Just wanted to ask, though... you mention your wife's family's I-864 as joint sponsor, but want to make sure your wife has completed her I-864 as well. She is your sponsor even if she doesn't qualify financially.

Rene
Just wanted to clarify, once you enter the US to activate the visa, even if you return to the UK on the next flight out, is your tax home from that point on considered the US?

Old Oct 16th 2020, 2:51 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by os306 View Post
Just wanted to clarify, once you enter the US to activate the visa, even if you return to the UK on the next flight out, is your tax home from that point on considered the US?
Yes.

Rene