Wikiposts

Interview documents

Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Jacko77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview documents

Morning folks,

Got my visa interview scheduled for this coming Monday (IR1) and just a couple of final questions i'd like help with please.

I was planning on attending alone as i'm sure my wife (USC) and children aren't required to be there, is this the case?

I am currently serving in UK Armed Forces but will be discharged in the summer. I have all my records and discharge notification but is there a specific document or documents that im required to present that the Embassy will be expecting to see?

Thanks guy's.

Lee
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

JSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of lightJSL8610 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Interview documents

Originally Posted by Jacko77
Morning folks,

Got my visa interview scheduled for this coming Monday (IR1) and just a couple of final questions i'd like help with please.

I was planning on attending alone as i'm sure my wife (USC) and children aren't required to be there, is this the case?
Your kids are USCs too, right? Only people applying for immigrant visas need to attend the interview. If your kids are USCs, they don't need to go.

I am currently serving in UK Armed Forces but will be discharged in the summer. I have all my records and discharge notification but is there a specific document or documents that im required to present that the Embassy will be expecting to see?

Thanks guy's.

Lee
As far as I can tell, the most important thing is dischage paperwork. Since you have your full records, take everything along and they can look at whatever they want to.

Regards,
James
Old Mar 19th 2012, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

Ooops, forgot to say that Yep, kids are USC too.

I've got my discharge notification but my actual availability to travel is about 2 months before my discharge date.

The only documentation to prove this will be an officially signed and stamped headed letter.

This should hopefully prove i'm available to move to US within the 6 months.

Thanks again.

Lee.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:40 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

This should hopefully prove i'm available to move to US within the 6 months.
Just so you know, you're not required to show proof that you can move to the US within 6 months. Quite simply, the US government doesn't care. The visa will be issued whether you get to the US in time or not.

Ian
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:47 am
Just Joined

I'm quite suprised at that. I was under the impression the 6 months from time of approval was pretty much open and shut.

Like James said, i'll take everything and they can pick the bones out of it.

Cheers.

Lee.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite suprised at that. I was under the impression the 6 months from time of approval was pretty much open and shut.

Like James said, i'll take everything and they can pick the bones out of it.

Cheers.

Lee.
I think what Ian meant is that you have six months to use the visa, but the US government doesn't care if you use it or not - you don't need to show intent to use it.

Your wife, as you imply she's still with you in the UK, will need to show her intent to re-establish domicile in the US though, so you should have documentation of that. In our experience simply copies of ongoing financial ties to the US (bank and student loan account statements) and evidence of her job hunting in the US was enough to satisfy the ConOff.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:06 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

What are you surprised about? It is "open and shut". It's also your responsibility.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:24 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I was under the impression the 6 months from time of approval was pretty much open and shut.
Roy understood. The US government doesn't care whether you actually use the visa or not, or whether you have travel problems that prevent or restrict your travel. They'll issue the visa... and then it's your responsibility to get to the US before the visa expires. If you're late, it's your problem... and the US government won't care one whit.

Ian
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:40 am
Just Joined

I'm well aware it's my responsibility and we fully intend to move within the 6 month timeframe.

My concern is, my discharge date and the end of the 6 month time period are very close.

Wondered if the Embassy would ask about it that's all.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:14 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The consular officer may notice and point it out to you, to be sure that you are aware of a potential problem. Or not.