Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

interview docs (termination of prior marriages)

Wikiposts

interview docs (termination of prior marriages)

Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

h0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really niceh0tr0dder_uk is just really nice
Default interview docs (termination of prior marriages)

Hi there, just want to clarify something before my interview. My fiance got married when she was younger and got it anulled. She had to provide evidence of this when sending in the fiance petition.

When looking at the documents that I need to take with me to the interview its states:-
termination of prior marriages* - applicants who have been previously married must obtain evidence of the termination or each prior marriage....etc).

I assume this applies to me and not my fiance and since I have never been married is not applicable. Correct?

Sorry to be a pain and ask stupied simple questions but I want to make sure I have all the documents I need.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:28 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: interview docs (termination of prior marriages)

Originally Posted by h0tr0dder_uk
Hi there, just want to clarify something before my interview. My fiance got married when she was younger and got it anulled. She had to provide evidence of this when sending in the fiance petition.

When looking at the documents that I need to take with me to the interview its states:-
termination of prior marriages* - applicants who have been previously married must obtain evidence of the termination or each prior marriage....etc).

I assume this applies to me and not my fiance and since I have never been married is not applicable. Correct?

Sorry to be a pain and ask stupied simple questions but I want to make sure I have all the documents I need.
It's better to have originals of anything that was sent with the I-129F package.

Rene
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:31 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h0tr0dder_uk
You both need proof of the dissolution of prior marriages. You don't have a prior marriage so there's nothing for you to show. However, since your fiance had a prior marriage, then even though it's probably already on file, it would be prudent to bring a copy of that paperwork with you to the interview. The original paperwork would be even better.

Ian
Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I took it to mean all previous marriages for ~both~ fiancees as the instructions we were given years ago said to bring all originals to the interview that were previously submitted.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light

You need proof of termination of valid marriages for both of you. The consulate and CIS need to see that you are both legally free to marry each other.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

She needs proof of the dissolution of *her* prior marriage. He's never been married, so no proof from him is required.

Ian
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

emartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of lightemartin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
She needs proof of the dissolution of *her* prior marriage. He's never been married, so no proof from him is required.

Ian
Yes. I meant that in general both parties need to provide this in any marriage/fiancee case.