Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview details...from Kiev

Wikiposts

Interview details...from Kiev

Old Dec 12th 2003, 6:58 am
David9287

Default Interview details...from Kiev

Dec 10, 2003 Olena's Interview in Kiev...
11am Olena waits in line outside the consulate-
11:15am Olena proceeds to a consular's window-
11:20am Olena gives her/our docs to the officer-
11:22am Officer says thank you, please return at 2:00pm-
2:00pm THE INTERVIEW.....lol
:01 When did you meet?- Dec 8, 2001
:03 How many times have you met in-person?- 3
:05 Where did you meet?- Odessa, Ukraine- Paris,
France /Barcelona, Spain and near Yalta, Crimea.
:07 What do you do for a living?- I am a Corporate translationist
:08 What does your fiance do for a living?- Manages a Law Firm
:10 Do you have any children?- No
:11 Have you ever been married?- No
:12 Do you know your fiance is divorced?- Yes
:13 Please give to us 3 photos and 3 letters of proof of your relationship
:18 Okey............ (she is a star......lol)
:20 YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR A K-1 VISA. HERE ARE YOUR DOCUMENTS (Brown sealed envelope) and you will find the K-1 visa in your passport. Please present the sealed envelope to the immigrations officer at your US POE... have a nice day..........?
2:22 PM SHE LEAVES THE CONSULATE WITH A K-1 VISA............

Olena told me they were most interested in a few photos, a few letters, my 2002 1040 w/W2 the notarized I-134 and of course my approved I-129F, her DS-156 and suppliment, her police cert, her birth cert (translated), her medical exam and her passport....

I haven't counted yet but it was like, 3-7-03 to 12-10-03 (285 days) for a 20 min Interview........ lol. Freaky!

Thanks again to all of you, for your support, information (SG, PLANE TICKETS...lol), kind words....et. We thank you all.
Here's our time line.... but remember we didn't push as hard as we could have..... lena and I agreed she would spend one more Christmas with her family and friends before leaving for the US.

1NOA 3-7-03 NSC
2NOA 9-26-03 (206 days)
NVC" Approved" 10-10-03
Consulate receives I-129F 10-17-03
Police Check "Cleared" 10-21-03
Medcal Exam "Healthy as a Lamb" 11-12-03
Interview in "Kiev" K-1 Issued 12-10-03
I fly out Jan 30, 04
WE fly back together Feb 8, 04 (just in time for Valentines day)
AOS, EAD, AP to come..... but who's counting now? .....lol.

Last edited by David9287; Dec 12th 2003 at 8:04 am.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview details...from Kiev

Congratulations David and Olena....
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:08 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I guess the interview was a bit anti-climatic but many congrats to you both
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:10 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations! I wish you all the best. :-)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:11 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Massive congrats. Yes the interview really does seem to be a quickie compared to all the waiting and paperwork leading up to it. If left to my own devices I'd be going on and on about my relationship, so maybe that's why they cut them short.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
If left to my own devices I'd be going on and on about my relationship, so maybe that's why they cut them short.
Sibsie, the hardest thing I'm finding is how to get my fiance to simply answer "yes" or "no". He wants to give out every detail of our relationship. LOL
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:14 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by David9287
Dec 10, 2003 Olena's Interview in Kiev...
11am Olena waits in line outside the consulate-
11:15am Olena proceeds to a consular's window-
11:20am Olena gives her/our docs to the officer-
11:22am Officer says thank you, please return at 2:00pm-
2:00pm THE INTERVIEW.....lol
:01 When did you meet?- Dec 8, 2001
:03 How many times have you met in-person?- 3
:05 Where did you meet?- Odessa, Ukraine- Paris,
France /Barcelona, Spain and near Yalta, Crimea.
:07 What do you do for a living?- I am a Corporate translationist
:08 What does your fiance do for a living?- Manages a Law Firm
:10 Do you have any children?- No
:11 Have you ever been married?- No
:12 Do you know your fiance is divorced?- Yes
:13 Please give to us 3 photos and 3 letters of proof of your relationship
:18 Okey............ (she is a star......lol)
:20 YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR A K-1 VISA. HERE ARE YOUR DOCUMENTS (Brown sealed envelope) and you will find the K-1 visa in your passport. Please present the sealed envelope to the immigrations officer at your US POE... have a nice day..........?
2:22 PM SHE LEAVES THE CONSULATE WITH A K-1 VISA............

Olena told me they were most interested in a few photos, a few letters, my 2002 1040 w/W2 the notarized I-134 and of course my approved I-129F, her DS-156 and suppliment, her police cert, her birth cert (translated), her medical exam and her passport....

I haven't counted yet but it was like, 3-7-03 to 12-10-03 (285 days) for a 20 min Interview........ lol. Freaky!

Thanks again to all of you, for your support, information (SC, PLANE TICKETS...lol), kind words....et. We thank you all.
Here's our time line.... but remember we didn't push as hard as we could have..... lena and I agreed she would spend one more Christmas with her family and friends before leaving for the US.

1NOA 3-7-03 NSC
2NOA 9-26-03 (206 days)
NVC" Approved" 10-10-03
Consulate receives I-129F 10-17-03
Police Check "Cleared" 10-21-03
Medcal Exam "Healthy as a Lamb" 11-12-03
Interview in "Kiev" K-1 Issued 12-10-03
I fly out Jan 30, 04
WE fly back together Feb 8, 04 (just in time for Valentines day)
AOS, EAD, AP to come..... but who's counting now? .....lol.

David!!!
Thats wonderful!!!! I am so happy for you and Olena.
Are you still up for a meeting??
CONGRATULATIONS
Thanks for sharing.. You have just made me happy!!
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:15 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

So I'm guessing I should unpack the home-movie collection the huh
Won't be needing that.

Originally posted by Noorah101
Sibsie, the hardest thing I'm finding is how to get my fiance to simply answer "yes" or "no". He wants to give out every detail of our relationship. LOL
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
Won't be needing that.
LOL
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:17 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
Won't be needing that.
Charlie you crack me up
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:18 am

Thats so Mark..
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:20 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you and Olena.....things have fallen into place and we're both so happy for you! Think of us when you're on the plane, eh?

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (come on, mailman!)
Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:31 am
David9287

Originally posted by sibsie
Massive congrats. Yes the interview really does seem to be a quickie compared to all the waiting and paperwork leading up to it. If left to my own devices I'd be going on and on about my relationship, so maybe that's why they cut them short.

Yep, I was thinking like this huge interrogation process, bright light in the face, good officer, bad officer game, truth serum.....lol

Last edited by David9287; Dec 12th 2003 at 7:37 am.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:33 am
David9287

Yep....lol that's what I meant by "she's a star" never give them more than what they ask for....

Old Dec 12th 2003, 7:34 am
David9287

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
David!!!
Thats wonderful!!!! I am so happy for you and Olena.
Are you still up for a meeting??
CONGRATULATIONS
Thanks for sharing.. You have just made me happy!!
Hypert,
Yup.... we'll be meeting in COLORADO... you know why......lol................ CAUSE COLORADO ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.