Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview date in Kingston...finally!

Wikiposts

Interview date in Kingston...finally!

Old Mar 18th 2004, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

ricardoswife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview date in Kingston...finally!

Hello everyone! Just want to let the board know my husband got his interview date today! It will be at the Us embassy in Kingston on March 23rd. It's exactly a month after we receved our NOA2 approval dated February 23rd...I think it's kind of poetic. It was kind of weird because the person on the phone just sort of blurted out a date! She didn't ask for anything from us, no case number reciept number, not even his name. Anyway, we have faith that everything will go smothly but we appreciate all the prayers we can get! Has anyone gone through Kingston that can give advice?
Old Mar 18th 2004, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview date in Kingston...finally!

Congrats - he'll be fine! Just answer questions honestly, have all documents that they require & be himself. Will be praying for you (-:

Count your blessings though & give thanks - so many Jamaicans (not to mention other countries) have had to wait so much longer for their interview after they got married!

Curious, why did you get his birth cert in October and then have to get another one this month?

All the best.

5z-?Originally posted by ricardoswife [/i]
Hello everyone! Just want to let the board know my husband got his interview date today! It will be at the Us embassy in Kingston on March 23rd. It's exactly a month after we receved our NOA2 approval dated February 23rd...I think it's kind of poetic. It was kind of weird because the person on the phone just sort of blurted out a date! She didn't ask for anything from us, no case number reciept number, not even his name. Anyway, we have faith that everything will go smothly but we appreciate all the prayers we can get! Has anyone gone through Kingston that can give advice? [/QUOTE]
Old Mar 18th 2004, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ricardoswife
Hello everyone! Just want to let the board know my husband got his interview date today! It will be at the Us embassy in Kingston on March 23rd. It's exactly a month after we receved our NOA2 approval dated February 23rd...I think it's kind of poetic. It was kind of weird because the person on the phone just sort of blurted out a date! She didn't ask for anything from us, no case number reciept number, not even his name. Anyway, we have faith that everything will go smothly but we appreciate all the prayers we can get! Has anyone gone through Kingston that can give advice?
Thank you janadeen! As for the birth certificate that was a typo! We got our marriage certificate in October after a two month wait.
Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by ricardoswife

I am hoping she took his info after she gave him the date, so it actually means something.
My advice is that this is one embassy where overcompensation is a good thing. I did not go down to go with my husband, so I killed a couple trees sending enough paperwork to counteract anything. It is possible without the USC partner being there.

You do have a nice time line, comparatively. Wishing you good luck!
Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pallyn
I am hoping she took his info after she gave him the date, so it actually means something.
My advice is that this is one embassy where overcompensation is a good thing. I did not go down to go with my husband, so I killed a couple trees sending enough paperwork to counteract anything. It is possible without the USC partner being there.

You do have a nice time line, comparatively. Wishing you good luck!

no she didn't take any info.. that was the weird thing. We called back 3 times an eevrytime the gave us a date but didn't ask for anything. Is that going to be a problem? Should I call back?