Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Interview Date in Amsterdam!!!! : )

Wikiposts

Interview Date in Amsterdam!!!! : )

Old May 7th 2002, 4:10 pm
Jennifer

Default Interview Date in Amsterdam!!!! : )

Hey NG....

My love in Holland FINALLY got his interview date at the Consulate in
Amsterdam!!! I am still in shock...numb & tingly all at the same time!!! It took
the Consulate 6 weeks to respond (not bad considering the police certificate
takes so long...) Peter's medical is on May 13 (WHOOOO-HOOO! THIS MONDAY!) and
then the BIG DAY is May 21!!!

Eileen, girl, you were RIGHT ON!

And I am so indescribably happy....and now...a whole new set of fears are taking
hold...(what if he's denied..etc...etc...) But, I digress, I'll enjoy this moment
that we have waited so long for and hope for the best...it's almost over.

I just wanted to share. And take another moment to tell you all how much this
newsgroup means to me, all of the advice and support.

Think positive "visa-in-hand-Dutchie-flying-to-America" thoughts for us, please!!!!
And I'll post medical & interview experiences as soon as he has them!

Good luck to all of you!! Oh my, I'm soooooooooo nervous...... : )

~jennifer

Old May 8th 2002, 12:10 am
S.R.E.

Default Re: Interview Date in Amsterdam!!!! : )

Congrats Jennifer! Will be sending positive vibes your way! Forgive me if I should
have known this, but are you guys doing DCF? We'll be going down that same road
sometime in the future, so if you are I'll be on the lookout for your next posts!
Good luck the next few weeks!

Old May 8th 2002, 8:20 am
Nluv4ever77

congrats to you jennifer,,,,,my congressman told me that it could take up to another
6-7months before myhusband gets his k-3 visa.................due to security measures

Old May 8th 2002, 8:20 am
Jennifer

[email protected] (s.r.e.) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Congrats Jennifer! Will be sending positive vibes your way! Forgive me if I should
    > have known this, but are you guys doing DCF? We'll be going down that same road
    > sometime in the future, so if you are I'll be on the lookout for your next posts!
    > Good luck the next few weeks!

Thank you! We need all of the positive vibes we can get! And that's ok, I certainly
don't expect you to know which route we took. No, we did not do DCF (as I was not
able to leave work, my son...etc...and go to Holland). We are going the K-1 route!
Although, I wish we had been able to do DCF, much quicker from what I can tell! But I
think (but I could be wrong) the process is the same once you reach the Consulate
part. As far as waiting for the police clearance, etc...

If I can be of any assistance to you, please just write and ask! Thanks again!

~jennifer

Old May 8th 2002, 11:20 am
Nluv4ever77

No I wrote my congressman and they told me it was standard procedure for all k-3
visa. They are taking strict security measures on everyone and the INS could not tell
the congressman how long we are looking at.....she said it could be an additional 6-7
months before we get an interview..............she also said that the new INS system
is slowing things down alot and that is another reason why it is taking so
long..................wish it would hurry up though..........my son is autistic and
his autism was really under control until recently. Now he tries to wander off and he
is screaming all of the time.......so the doctor is talking about putting him into a
special home.....300+ away from we were live. I feel like I am mentally going
downhill................

Old May 8th 2002, 11:20 am
Jeffrey Scharpf

congrats Jenn, and congrats Peter! I know EXACTLY how you feel and what' you're going
through My fiance's interview was just last week, and she's going to be here with
me next Tuesday

Good luck with the interview!

Jeff

Old May 8th 2002, 2:20 pm
Eileen

yeee haaaa Amstel light for everyone in the newsgroup! enjoy enjoy enjoy It's a slam
dunk now Jennifer. They don't proceed with the medical or the interview appointment
if there is anything out of line in the paperwork. He is practically in your arms
now. Nice job...and have you set a date yet? Eileen

"Jennifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hey NG....
    >
    > My love in Holland FINALLY got his interview date at the Consulate in Amsterdam!!!
    > I am still in shock...numb & tingly all at the same time!!! It took the Consulate 6
    > weeks to respond (not bad considering the police certificate takes so long...)
    > Peter's medical is on May 13 (WHOOOO-HOOO! THIS MONDAY!) and then the BIG DAY is
    > May 21!!!
    >
    > Eileen, girl, you were RIGHT ON!
    >
    > And I am so indescribably happy....and now...a whole new set of fears are taking
    > hold...(what if he's denied..etc...etc...) But, I digress, I'll enjoy this moment
    > that we have waited so long for and hope for the best...it's almost over.
    >
    > I just wanted to share. And take another moment to tell you all how much this
    > newsgroup means to me, all of the advice and support.
    >
    > Think positive "visa-in-hand-Dutchie-flying-to-America" thoughts for us, please!!!!
    > And I'll post medical & interview experiences as soon as he has them!
    >
    > Good luck to all of you!! Oh my, I'm soooooooooo nervous...... : )
    >
    > ~jennifer