Wikiposts

Interview date :)

Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:28 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interview date :)

We've finally got our interview date!

22nd December at 8.30am.....

I'm pretty shocked it has come through, we were waiting until the second week of November to ring the NVC to find out if it had been scheduled, but it came through yesterday.

Anyway, we've already had our medicals etc, and I've been cheeky and emailed the embassy to ask if they can bring the date forward, as I have seen people on here mention that they have done that before.

Just out of interest, to those who have requested a date change, roughly what was the time difference between the date you were originally given, and the date you got your interview changed to? I've told the embassy in my email that I can be there any time in November or early December, and that I can even get there with 48 hours notice!!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:11 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interview date :)

Congratulations and here's hoping you get an earlier date.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations and I'm jealous. How did you get an interview with these people? If you get a new date can we have your old one?

My fiance's packet was received by London on September 9th and so far...............nothing. Not a peep out of them.

If you email them they delete your message without reading it, if you phone them you get a tape recorder. Last time he phoned them he was given a code number but never received a response to his email with the code on it.

How do you manage to get through? We just want to know that everything is proceeding normally, that nothing has gone wrong.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:24 pm
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

I called today, used the immigration number on the embassy website to start with, but they told me that they only deal with the I130's and gave me the 09042 number to call.

That went through to what I assume is a contracted call centre (they were all scottish that I spoke to) and I spoke to a lovely guy who I explained that I had completed my medicals etc and wondered if I could move the date forward - he then gave me the email address and a 3 letter, 3 number code to put in the subject line.

So far I've had one email saying that the mail has been received, and another saying it has been passed to the immigrant visa section, which is great, because all the times I emailed the NVC, I never got an acknowledgement so quickly.

They did say that it would be 3-4 days until they got back to me, so I'm just hanging on now - did you put all the case information on the email? I put all the information I would put on when I emailed the NVC (beneficiary name, case number, beneficiary date of birth, petitioner name and date of birth), I guess just to make it easier for them.

I know how frustrating it all is - we have been backwards and forwards and there have been times when I felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall, but I think when you get to this stage you know you are so so close and it will all be over soon.....

Well until its time to remove conditions..... apply for citizenship..... arggghhh!!
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

newenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of lightnewenglander is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you. Based upon what you've said, I think I will definitely have my fiance phone them since he's in the UK. Then when he has the code number, I will write the email. I want to make sure it's correct. He did put his case number and date of birth but I want to do it again and make absolutely certain. He didn't include my name and dob.

May I ask -- what form was the code number in? He wrote like this: XXXXXX -- should it have been XXX XXX? I know I'm grasping at straws but we've been waiting sooooooooooo long. (We started this in February -- haven't seen each other since then!) We really need to know something from them.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:59 pm
Dizzy Blonde

They didnt specify how it should be written, but I did it as ZYX123 rather than putting a space in between the letters and numbers. Hopefully you'll hear something soon
Old Nov 4th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That's how he wrote it too.

We just talked a minute ago. We decided to try again, getting a new code and I'll type it just that way, no spaces. Fingers crossed that they'll answer this time.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:32 am
Dizzy Blonde

Update- After staying up until 6am this morning (we're in the UK atm) watching the election results, I've just got my ass out of bed to find a wonderful email from the embassy saying that my interview has been bought forwards to November 25th at 9am! I'm so excited!

If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have known I could request it to be bought forwards, never mind all the other handy tips etc that have been given throughout the process, so thankyou to everyone!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

That's great news!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the USA very soon.

You're from Yorkshire, my man is from Lancashire and went to school in Yorkshire. My grandparents came here from Yorkshire (that's why the two of us combined=pink rose.)
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Wow that's great, that's almost a month earlier than your original date.

When do you plan to cross the pond?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:57 am
Dizzy Blonde

Originally Posted by katnap8
Wow that's great, that's almost a month earlier than your original date.

When do you plan to cross the pond?
Its fantastic! I'm so pleased - I just keep re-reading the short one line email they sent back to me with the new date!

Hubby is over here with me - we've managed to stay together throughout the whole process (one close call at gatwick when we got grilled at secondary and we thought they were going to pack him back on the next flight back) and his flight is booked to go back on the 14th December (we were hoping it would all be over by then so booked it just in case) so I think we'll book our flights for the same day
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, clarissageo!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi again-- My Man tried to get through to them today to get a new code number and this time all he got was a tape recording saying that they weren't accepting calls at the moment. He called three times today.

He would like to know -- How do you get in touch with the NVC? (or should we even be doing that at this point since all his information is in London and he's waiting to get an interview--is the NVC a UK number?) and what's the full phone number for the embassy to get the code.

He's been using 09042 450 045 and 09042 450 100.

We desperately need to get through and have an answer regarding his interview date.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:20 am
Dizzy Blonde

I called on the 09042 450100 number - It was a 'press 1 for this, press 2 for that' message at first, but I soon got through to the right people.

The NVC is in the states - the number is 603 334 0700, but as far as I know, once your case has been passed to the embassy you deal directly with them.

Also, all my original documents etc went to the NVC and they scheduled the original interview, not the embassy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.